Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all true but Kodi is also far more consistent than Milf, that is important.

Absolutely. Kodi is a term deposit, Milf is a lottery ticket.

My comment wasn't advocating that Milf is a better option than Kodi - only that it's funny how we're back in a position where we may have to choose between them next year only with vastly different salaries.

Absolutely. Kodi is a term deposit, Milf is a lottery ticket.

My comment wasn't advocating that Milf is a better option than Kodi - only that it's funny how we're back in a position where we may have to choose between them next year only with vastly different salaries.

To be fair, there were a number of posters who did advocate picking Kodi over Milf years ago if you had to due to their respective wages. Even back then, there wasn't a big enough difference to justify Milf being on about three times as much as Kodi.

Imo the plan that Walters supposedly had for Walsh sounded perfectly sensible - bring him through the lower grades and give him time to develop his game and his body.. unfortunately that plan was ambushed by the Warriors and the broncos or Walters or whoever wasn’t responsive enough to do whatever was reasonable to ensure he didn’t leave.

Didn’t the Storm take a similar approach with Harry Grant? Obviously they had better processes in place to ensure Grant stayed the course, particularly in 2019 when he was there for all to see how good he was in ISC
I think the big problem with securing walsh was all the other inflated deals on the books. I think we keep Walsh if we didn't have the bad Bird, offa, TPK, Lodge and Macca deals. I don't think Kevvie had the room to move. Walsh went for money and opportunity we couldn't match because we had no luxury money outside of the other terrible deals. Warriors put forward their plans for him and they were much better than ours too.

And also, it is Tuesday, as part of an impatient generation when it comes to the Broncos, lets have some signings already!
Moreover it’s team list Tuesday, I would have thought you’d be all over this in the absence of the real deal.

And also, it is Tuesday, as part of an impatient generation when it comes to the Broncos, lets have some signings already!
You got Ikin mate. You’re just mad that you can’t shuffle him into a team list.

Moreover it’s team list Tuesday, I would have thought you’d be all over this in the absence of the real deal.

You got Ikin mate. You’re just mad that you can’t shuffle him into a team list.

Ikin take this as a challenge!

1. Niu/Cobbo
2. Mead/Pereira/Oates/Cobbo
3. Staggs
4. Lee
5. Farnworth
6. Nikorima
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Hodgson
10. Carrigan
11. Su'A
12. Piakura/Riki/Robati
13. Capewell

14. Paix
15. Bullemor/Flegler/Robati
16. Lui/Kennedy/Flegler
17. Riki/Piakura/Robati

Yes I know some of this may not happen but I can dream.

Ikin take this as a challenge!

1. Niu/Cobbo
2. Mead/Pereira/Oates/Cobbo
3. Staggs
4. Lee
5. Farnworth
6. Nikorima
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Hodgson
10. Carrigan
11. Su'A
12. Piakura/Riki/Robati
13. Capewell

14. Paix
15. Bullemor/Flegler/Robati
16. Lui/Kennedy/Flegler
17. Riki/Piakura/Robati

Yes I know some of this may not happen but I can dream.
Do you think when donuts interviewed Ikin job at some point he responded with “can I fix it? yes Ikin”

gets the job

Unbelievable isn’t it. How do the dragons tolerate this?

Molo is a really good player now to be fair. He is basically being paid 300k+ LESS than Lodge from next year as a SOO forward.

I think the rule changes will make teams very hesitant for 4 year deals on forwards. The new game simply isn’t as good for lodge. And the way the rules change each year, signing any forwards on big money for long contracts is a huge risk.

Here you go Benny, Kevvy and Dave. Try and get this done for 2022. Will have to wait another year for more changes.

1. Jamayne Isaako (2022)
2. Jordan Pereira (2023)
3. Brenko Lee (2023)
4. Herbie Farnsworth (2022)
5. Selwyn Cobbo (2023)
6. Kotoni Staggs (2025)
7. Adam Reynolds (2024)
8. Patrick Carrigan (2022)
9. Kodi Nikorima (Warriors)
10. Payne Haas (2024)
11. Kurt Capewell (Panthers)
12. Jaydn Su'A (Rabbitohs)
13. Dale Finucane (Storm)

14. Billy Walters (Tigers)
15. Thomas Flegler (2023)
16. Ethan Bullemor (2024)
17. Teui 'TC' Robati (2024)

18. Jordan Riki (2024)
19. Brendan Piakura (2024)
20. David Mead (2022)
21. Rhys Kennedy (2022)
22. Cory Paix (2022)
23. Brodie Croft (2022)
24. Tesi Niu
25. Anthony Milford (400k)
26. Jesse Arthars
27. Kobe Hetherington
28. Tyson Gamble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • bert_lifts
  • Battler
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.