Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Korisau would be a great pickup, but I can't see the Pennies allowing him to come to us that easily. Any other club sure, but us? They will make it difficult.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Could be someone for 23.. if its going to be announced in the off season means it could be after November 1 when were aloud to talk to those players
Mo fotuaika would be nice and possible
Welch, Api, Mo, hammer, crichton, t Sims are the origin players off contract for 2023...

I would say given our recent recruitment values welch seems the most likely, and I'd like that! All bar t Sims would be welcomed (like him as a player but the Sims/Broncos curse is real!).. QLD Jane like this post if I'm on the right track haha worth a try

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I always thought Jensen looked like he should be a good player but never kicked on. If he is cheap, I don't mind it at all. If we could got Api, boy that would be the one we needed right there, he is 100% what we need.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Welch, Api, Mo, hammer, crichton, t Sims are the origin players off contract for 2023...

I would say given our recent recruitment values welch seems the most likely, and I'd like that! All bar t Sims would be welcomed (like him as a player but the Sims/Broncos curse is real!).. QLD Jane like this post if I'm on the right track haha worth a try

Api and Hammer would be brilliant signings, with Mo the next best. I'd be over the moon if we landed any of those guys ... Api or Hammer would be my preference as they are quality spine players

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
I always thought Jensen looked like he should be a good player but never kicked on. If he is cheap, I don't mind it at all. If we could got Api, boy that would be the one we needed right there, he is 100% what we need.
Completely agree, it’s the same few people that have a sook about depth signings when really who cares.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Api and Hammer would be brilliant signings, with Mo the next best. I'd be over the moon if we landed any of those guys ... Api or Hammer would be my preference as they are quality spine players
The hammer with Reynolds kicking game that's a very dangerous combo

Chewed

Chewed

QCup Player
Feb 1, 2017
Welch or Finucane would be good gets just for culture. Jensen's a good depth signing, he's got first grade potential so puts pressure on Flegler, Bullemore n the like.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
He isn't bad as such, I just don't think he offers anything we don't already have. He's never really cracked it up at the Cowboys which is a worry considering they don't have that many good options there and they haven't used him a great deal. I'm not a fan of his signing tbh but who knows, a fresh start might be what he needs to kick on.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Completely agree, it’s the same few people that have a sook about depth signings when really who cares.
I don't think we need a depth prop, we need a prop that's going to have an impact and give us a better option than what we have. I don't think that's Jensen.

B

Bongo

NRL Player
Oct 10, 2013
You're reading too much into my response. I'm not at all happy with where we are. I just don't blame Croft alone. Everyone was blaming Isaako for not organizing the defence but it isn't any better now that he's been arseholed. Most of us are unhappy with the team but the blame should be shared.

Yes, Isaako's kickoffs need work but really, it's just one thing amongst many. Generally Croft provides great defence but not much in attack. The truth is our attack wasn't too bad, afterall we scored 24 points and were denied another fair try. A couple of quality players and we're a good team. Everyone's looking for answers but we seem to be finding more scapegoats than soluti

You're reading too much into my response. I'm not at all happy with where we are. I just don't blame Croft alone. Everyone was blaming Isaako for not organizing the defence but it isn't any better now that he's been arseholed. Most of us are unhappy with the team but the blame should be shared.

Yes, Isaako's kickoffs need work but really, it's just one thing amongst many. Generally Croft provides great defence but not much in attack. The truth is our attack wasn't too bad, afterall we scored 24 points and were denied another fair try. A couple of quality players and we're a good team. Everyone's looking for answers but we seem to be finding more scapegoats than solutions.
I agree that we are a couple of good players away. Yes the problems are bigger than croft and Isaako but I am past persisting with them. They are not first grade standard anymore. We improve without them. Why pick them again when we know what they can do and that it is not up to standard. I honestly believe the biggest reason we lost was Isaako. Tries were scored on the back of his multiple errors. Even worse his errors were all dumb errors and unforced. Yes we have other issues too but picking the same duds isn't going to solve them.

B

Bongo

NRL Player
Oct 10, 2013
I don't think we need a depth prop, we need a prop that's going to have an impact and give us a better option than what we have. I don't think that's Jensen.
We have let lodge and tpj go so we have to replace them to cover injuries. A depth replacement is a good move.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Losing faith in Pat, mate?

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I agree that we are a couple of good players away. Yes the problems are bigger than croft and Isaako but I am past persisting with them. They are not first grade standard anymore. We improve without them. Why pick them again when we know what they can do and that it is not up to standard. I honestly believe the biggest reason we lost was Isaako. Tries were scored on the back of his multiple errors. Even worse his errors were all dumb errors and unforced. Yes we have other issues too but picking the same duds isn't going to solve them.
What errors? You honestly believe Isaako cost us the game!!!!! Fmd. He kicked dead once and got pushed in to touch as well and that cost us the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Johnny92
  • Aldo
  • KickHaas
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.