Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are the odd ones out in our forward pack next year?

Robati/Riki/Capewell/Piakura - One of those is missing out.

Carrigan/Haas/Flegler/Bullemor/Kennedy/Hetherington/Palasia? - One if those is missing out too.

Good questions to have I suppose.
Does carrigan come straight back into the side?

It wouldn't surprise me if we put Mam at fb next year, it feels like something we would do.

Gildo reckons make Niu the super sub and hit the market for a gun fullback, contracted or otherwise. I reckon that might be a plan if we had the cash:

I would be putting Capewell and Carrigan head to head against each other to take the Lock position. Whoever trains the best and plays the best in the trials gets the starting position. The other gets the bench.

Who are the odd ones out in our forward pack next year?

Robati/Riki/Capewell/Piakura - One of those is missing out.

Carrigan/Haas/Flegler/Bullemor/Kennedy/Hetherington/Palasia? - One if those is missing out too.

Good questions to have I suppose.
Capewell, Haas and Carrigan are locked in to be there.
Haven't seen Piakura yet but there is big raps on him but going by his size he would be limited to the edge, both Riki and Robati could cover middle off the bench if need be but both have impressed when starting on the edge.
Palasia flies under the radar abit
With both Carrigan and Haas being able to play big minutes the bench make up needs to provide 20 minutes of impact.
Then does Carrigan play 13 or up front and keep Kobe at 13..
Willison you'd think would be drip fed in but looks to be a player of the future he didn't look out of place last night.
Kennedy I think will be one of the odd man out. Not sold on Fleger yet but he hasn't been dropped yet so you'd think he'd be a favourite to be in the line up.
Its a good position to be in

1. Selwyn Cobbo
2. Corey Oates
3. Herbie Farnworth
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Albert Kelly
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Payne Haas
9. Kobe Hetherington
10. Thomas Flegler
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Jordan Riki
13. Patrick Carrigan
17. Ethan Bullemor

18. Brenko Lee
19. Tyson Gamble
20. Brendan Piakura
21. Jordan Pereira
22. Keenan Palasia
23. Billy Walters
24. Rhys Kennedy
25. David Mead

Tesi offers a really good running game and some tackle breaking, that’s about it. I wouldn’t say he’s a great defender either. I do like his sniffing around the play but I think Herbie at worst offers as much and Cobbo offers more even if very green.
Yeah I think it’s worth throwing Cobbo in the deep, like we should have done with Walsh.

Let’s have our own wonder kid instead of supplying the rest of the NRL with them.

As a fan I’d have no problem with Cobbo having any faults in his game at first because I know it will pay off in the long run. He could develop fairly quickly. His potential is worth any “risk”. We really have nothing to lose by doing it anyway.

Yeah I think it’s worth throwing Cobbo in the deep, like we should have done with Walsh.

Let’s have our own wonder kid instead of supplying the rest of the NRL with them.

As a fan I’d have no problem with Cobbo having any faults in his game at first because I know it will pay off in the long run. He could develop fairly quickly. His potential is worth any “risk”. We really have nothing to lose by doing it anyway.
I honestly haven’t seen anything from Cobbo that has shown me he’s a massive upgrade on Tesi. Why is everyone seemingly so sure he’ll be a success at 1

I honestly haven’t seen anything from Cobbo that has shown me he’s a massive upgrade on Tesi. Why is everyone seemingly so sure he’ll be a success at 1
I'd rather give Herbie a shot first and Cobbo in the centres if anything

1. Selwyn Cobbo
2. Corey Oates
3. Herbie Farnworth
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Albert Kelly
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Payne Haas
9. Kobe Hetherington
10. Thomas Flegler
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Jordan Riki
13. Patrick Carrigan
17. Ethan Bullemor

18. Brenko Lee
19. Tyson Gamble
20. Brendan Piakura
21. Jordan Pereira
22. Keenan Palasia
23. Billy Walters
24. Rhys Kennedy
25. David Mead
Gamble 4ever
Kelly never

Could we play Piakura at right centre if Staggs shifts to 6? I wouldn’t mind trying it

Is Piakura more talented than Riki or TC? Considering the money he's been signed on, I assume he is? Still it might be hard to break into the NRL side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • NSW stables
  • Justwin
  • Old Mate
  • Organix
  • Harry Sack
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brotherdu
  • dasherhalo
  • bb_gun
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Sproj
  • Emanon
  • Wolfie
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.