Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
who doesn’t think they are the ducks nuts at 19?

That doesn't fit the narrative of **** the broncos though.

Walsh was always going to have a dip, just like Walker has had a dip. Thats why we from what I have read, wanted Walsh to get his reps in in QCUP, he didn't want to.

Its a shame that we lost him because he is obviously very talented, but it is what it is.
I said it over and over and over again at the start and got told I was just pissed he left. His career will never be what it could have been had he stayed. If he went to Melbourne or the roosters, fair enough (although the roosters have a track record of scrapping you as soon as you have a major dip in form and the storm would want him in QLD cup even longer then we wanted). Yes we are shit, yes Brown and Walter's are both low level coaches, yes there is a lot of pressure but ffs you have the best facilities, you live near friends and family, you had a plan in place that was going to benefit you in the long run, and espite our recent shitless YOU ARE more likely to have long term success and be picked for rep teams. It was a massively rushed and gen z (or whatever it is now) decision. He is at high risk of being another tim Smith or one of the 100000000's of others that got debuted too early. Will he, maybe not, but ffs he has certainly increased the likelihood by going over there....

A lot of talk from the commentators in the Warriors game about Walsh and how his form has dipped, it's a long season, hard for a kid to handle the week to week grind.......

So maybe KW was actually right after all
"NaThaN BroWn KnOWS betTer tHen ThE STorM" Walsh's manager, 2021

Anyone trying to justify letting go of Walsh because he’s in a “form dip” now is kidding themselves

not his form dip ... his attitude
Hahaha his attitude is good. Playing that well doesn’t happen with a bad attitude.

If he had a bad attitude he’d be playing like Milford. Walsh puts in way more effort.

Hahaha his attitude is good. Playing that well doesn’t happen with a bad attitude.

If he had a bad attitude he’d be playing like Milford. Walsh puts in way more effort.

his attitude is the exact attitude we needed out of the club ... an expectation that he should be handed the position on a silver bloody platter.

His attitude certainly isnt what it should be. I posted a quote a while ago from The Goat and it clearly shows the difference between the two. Both had good offers from elsewhere. One stayed because he was prepared to put in the hard yards to become an NRL player, the other is Reece Walsh who decided he wanted to take a shortcut. Thats not a good sign long term.

He's clearly being mismanged imo. Basically, ask yourself what would the Storm do with him? They would make him learn how to play good footy in the lower grades. They wouldnt do what the Warriors have done. We might have got plenty wrong in the last few years, but our approach was spot on with Walsh.

His attitude certainly isnt what it should be. I posted a quote a while ago from The Goat and it clearly shows the difference between the two. Both had good offers from elsewhere. One stayed because he was prepared to put in the hard yards to become an NRL player, the other is Reece Walsh who decided he wanted to take a shortcut. Thats not a good sign long term.

He's clearly being mismanged imo. Basically, ask yourself what would the Storm do with him? They would make him learn how to play good footy in the lower grades. They wouldnt do what the Warriors have done. We might have got plenty wrong in the last few years, but our approach was spot on with Walsh.
Nah, that’s deluded.

Walsh’s talent demands an NRL start.

Bellamy keeps players in lower grades that should be in the NRL because he can. To build that sort of system and pipeline can take a decade. Storm are very lucky.

Nicho Hynes could have been in the NRL years ago. The experience of being at the Storm and working on his game in second grade benefits him now no doubt.. But times have changed and it’s becoming a younger man’s game and clubs are more willing to blood 18 year olds if they know they hold immense talent.

Broncos didn’t take the leap of faith in Walsh when they should have.. (in a year where Broncos had nothing to lose)

Broncos and their fans must live with it without casting aspersions onto Walsh..

Nah, that’s deluded.

Walsh’s talent demands an NRL start.

Bellamy keeps players in lower grades that should be in the NRL because he can. To build that sort of system and pipeline can take a decade. Storm are very lucky.

Nicho Hynes could have been in the NRL years ago. The experience of being at the Storm and working on his game in second grade benefits him now no doubt.. But times have changed and it’s becoming a younger man’s game and clubs are more willing to blood 18 year olds if they know they hold immense talent.

Broncos didn’t take the leap of faith in Walsh when they should have.. (in a year where Broncos had nothing to lose)

Broncos and their fans must live with it without casting aspersions onto Walsh..

You are pretty clueless if you think thats how good players are made. Bellamy keeps players in lower grades because he knows its the right thing to do. He's had Inglis, Slater, Smith, Cronk, Grant all of whom are far, far better players than Walsh will end up being and look how much Queensland Cup they played. There is a massive difference between playing a young player here and there like Bellamy might and throwing them in week in week out. You learn your trade in the lower grades and work your way up.

Walsh wont have half the career you think he will. He isnt a once in a generation talent like Lockyer or somebody like that, in fact, he wasnt even rated above Niu and look at him, hes bog average. He's just a promising youngster with flashy elements in his play who is right now getting found out and making a fair few errors. He isnt ready for the grind. We will see how it plays out with him. I think he is going to struggle if the way he is being managed isnt changed.

I don't think Walsh left because he wasn't being played in first grade. He surely knew he would have been playing already if he stayed here. He more than likely left because the Warriors were offering him twice as much as the Broncos.

I don't think Walsh left because he wasn't being played in first grade. He surely knew he would have been playing already if he stayed here. He more than likely left because the Warriors were offering him twice as much as the Broncos.
We gave him a clear path to first grade which would have still basically handed him the fullback role on a plate yet he chose to take an even easier route to the NRL with the Warriors. I think its very fair to say the huge money on offer is what took him there.

You are pretty clueless if you think thats how good players are made. Bellamy keeps players in lower grades because he knows its the right thing to do. He's had Inglis, Slater, Smith, Cronk, Grant all of whom are far, far better players than Walsh will end up being and look how much Queensland Cup they played. There is a massive difference between playing a young player here and there like Bellamy might and throwing them in week in week out. You learn your trade in the lower grades and work your way up.

Walsh wont have half the career you think he will. He isnt a once in a generation talent like Lockyer or somebody like that, in fact, he wasnt even rated above Niu and look at him, hes bog average. He's just a promising youngster with flashy elements in his play who is right now getting found out and making a fair few errors. He isnt ready for the grind. We will see how it plays out with him. I think he is going to struggle if the way he is being managed isnt changed.
to add on this, Roosters would have done the exact same thing with Walker if there hand wasn't forced with injury. Walker has much more talent then Walsh IMO, and a better attitude on and off the field

to add on this, Roosters would have done the exact same thing with Walker if there hand wasn't forced with injury. Walker has much more talent then Walsh IMO, and a better attitude on and off the field

They would have, no question. Reece is still potentially a very good player, i just dont think his development is being managed properly.

Anyone trying to justify letting go of Walsh because he’s in a “form dip” now is kidding themselves
It's not a "form dip", that's the problem. Did all the "future immortal" rookies before him have a 10 year "form dip" after their debut year which was 10x what Walsh has shown?
TEAMS FIGURE ROOKIES OUT. Their 10 minute (max for walsh)flashes of talent are what get them noticed, but a game goes for 80 minutes. It also consists of attack AND defence, stupid errors are not forgiven, and it's a team sport. This is all learnt in reserve grade, in the NRL it quickly becomes a reputation and gets further targeted leading to a complete loss of confidence that may never be recovered.
Never guaranteed but given his attitude I will be putting money on Walsh never playing origin unless there are 3+ injuries at fullback and he will not be anything more then a highlights reel player from time to time in the mould of a Bevan French. Brown has absolutely destroyed his career in my eyes, he probably claimed "look what I did with ponga" when he sold it to Walsh but ponga was 10x the player he was at the same age AND I firmly believe he would have been in a better position with his career had he not joined Newcastle.

Walsh reminds me of jarrod sammut & I wouldn’t be surprised if his career goes the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• thenry
  • Wolfie
  • pagey
  • ostin86
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Skyblues87
  • Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Jason Simmons
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.