Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is fucking incredible that there are still no signings, like this is an all new level of incompetence that I just didn't think was possible. In a weird sort of way I am actually impressed.
Surely there has to be atleast one decent signing coming. Throw us a bone please

Well John Asiata was looking for a big pay day wasn't he?
The bottom of the barrel has been scraped clean...i think with whats left id rather no signings and wait to see whos up for the big over inflated contracts for 2022

650k for Flegler is absolute lunacy. What universe are these people living in when they negotiate these contracts?? No wonder our cap is fucked.
He says he can make more elsewhere!!!! What a fuckin flog....this club just keeps giving😂

I guess the idea in making him the captain is that it forces him to be responsible and take control. By being captain he can't coast along and may bring out the best in him. That is what I am suggesting is the idea. I am not saying it will necessarily work. If it does well then it will prove to be a masterstroke. It could easily backfire.

Can understand the idea but the problem is, it is more rewarding mediocrity and guys who haven't earned it getting massive wins / privileges.

People should know better than to believe the media when it comes to whag a player is getting paid. Take Bird who has been on so many reported amounts since he sign from 600 to ovet a mil
Yep...youd think he wouldnt be on half of that...but this is the broncos

Some rand who says he is a friend of Oates, told me that the decision on Milford being captain next year has already been made. If true than I am fast losing confidence in our future under Walters.
I think in 2018 (maybe even some of 2017) Milf was becoming something with a bit of responsibility.

It looked like he was basically becoming a halfback and was really getting involved as a first receiving half.

I don't think he has the skill in his kicking game to really control a game like Lockyer, but at times he did know when the team needed him to take control and score points.

The try against the warriors in NZ when he took it at first receiver in front of the posts and hit the line... a try against dragons on the right side of the field stepping a number of players.

He was basically taking ownership of the ball inside the opposition half and playing first receiver. I think he had a huge year one year with forced drop outs (it would’ve been under Demetriou, because he seems to like early kicks for forced drop outs (we were doing it when he had more control of the game plans, and souths were doing it last year).

The issue since has been mass injuries around him, basically forcing him to play 6 & 7 and at times 6, 7 & 1.

2020 was his worst year by far... he was disinterested and just planted himself on the left hand side of the field.

I thought it was also noteworthy that he and Macca were not included in the 7 man leadership group at the start of 2020... not suggesting they are a clique or mates or whatever, just that Milf being the highest paid and one of the more senior players actually left on the roster was over looked by Carrigan (a rookie), Croft (a newcomer with 50 or so games), I think TPJ was also in there??

To me that was the point Seibold was trying to take control of the team, like he’d had enough of the shit from the playing group and was happy to move everyone on except those that would listen... to me that was an indication that it was the beginning of the end for Milf and Macca at the broncos if Seibold stayed on. You may not like Macca, and I want him gone, but how does one of the most professional members of the squad not make a leadership group.

Personally I think Milf probably should’ve been part of the leadership group, so it was telling when he wasn’t. He captained Samoa and played out of his skin, so clearly he does take ownership when put in a position of responsibility, but really I don’t think Seibold ever wanted Milf (huge salary, wasn’t really a halfback, but appears to play his best as a halfback when inside the 20m, instinctive player that may be hard to coach).

I’m willing to give Milf the benefit of the doubt. I don’t think Kevvie has decided on a captain as yet, but I don’t think he would look to make the decision lightly... the team needs leaders and needs unity so the captain more than anything needs to galvanise the group along with Kevvie

Last edited:
I think in 2018 (maybe even some of 2017) Milf was becoming something with a bit of responsibility.

It looked like he was basically becoming a halfback and was really getting involved as a first receiving half.

I don't think he has the skill in his kicking game to really control a game like Lockyer, but at times he did know when the team needed him to take control and score points.

The try against the warriors in NZ when he took it at first receiver in front of the posts and hit the line... a try against dragons on the right side of the field stepping a number of players.

He was basically taking ownership of the ball inside the opposition half and playing first receiver. I think he had a huge year one year with forced drop outs (it would’ve been under Demetriou, because he seems to like early kicks for forced drop outs (we were doing it when he had more control of the game plans, and souths were doing it last year).

The issue since has been mass injuries around him, basically forcing him to play 6 & 7 and at times 6, 7 & 1.

2020 was his worst year by far... he was disinterested and just planted himself on the left hand side of the field.

I thought it was also noteworthy that he and Macca were not included in the 7 man leadership group at the start of 2020... not suggesting they are a clique or mates or whatever, just that Milf being the highest paid and one of the more senior players actually left on the roster was over looked by Carrigan (a rookie), Croft (a newcomer with 50 or so games), I think TPJ was also in there??

To me that was the point Seibold was trying to take control of the team, like he’d had enough of the shit from the playing group and was happy to move everyone on except those that would listen... to me that was an indication that it was the beginning of the end for Milf and Macca at the broncos if Seibold stayed on. You may not like Macca, and I want him gone, but how does one of the most professional members of the squad not make a leadership group.

Personally I think Milf probably should’ve been part of the leadership group, so it was telling when he didn’t. He captained Samoa and played out of his skin, so clearly he does take ownership when put in a position of responsibility, but really I don’t think Seibold ever wanted Milf (huge salary, wasn’t really a halfback, but appears to play his best as a halfback when inside the 20m, instinctive player that may be hard to coach).

I’m willing to give Milf the benefit of the doubt. I don’t think Kevvie has decided on a captain as yet, but I don’t think he would look to make the decision lightly... the team needs leaders and needs unity so the captain more than anything needs to galvanise the group along with Kevvie
I can get on board with a lot of that. I think the years you were referring to he really did start to develop a reasonable kicking game. I was excited at the time thinking it will be great when he adds his dynamic running game. As it panned out he never did, and I feel his kicking game has just become one dimensional. That may be partly on the coach.

Personally I don't think he is what our current team needs however, I'm all for having him in the leadership group whilst he is with us where hopefully he could still be used to help galvanise the team as suggested. I really think our team needa a captain set the right standards for the rest of the team both on and off the field. Doesn't necessarily need to be a big talker imo

I can get on board with a lot of that. I think the years you were referring to he really did start to develop a reasonable kicking game. I was excited at the time thinking it will be great when he adds his dynamic running game. As it panned out he never did, and I feel his kicking game has just become one dimensional. That may be partly on the coach.

Personally I don't think he is what our current team needs however, I'm all for having him in the leadership group whilst he is with us where hopefully he could still be used to help galvanise the team as suggested. I really think our team needa a captain set the right standards for the rest of the team both on and off the field. Doesn't necessarily need to be a big talker imo

This is the problem though, do you really want a guy who is notorious for poor training and returning from pre-season overweight AND going missing when needed as your captain?

If the value of that deal for Flegler is even 50% true we have been done. How do we keep getting stung with this stupid contracts for players who havent even come off the back of a good year?
The quality of Pacific Sports Management representation, and the idiocy of our club...

This is the problem though, do you really want a guy who is notorious for poor training and returning from pre-season overweight AND going missing when needed as your captain?

Its not going to help if what i'm hearing about a certain gold card coming back is true 😆

No way man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.