Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Released from his contract hopefully means we are paying nothing. I doubt it, but that's what it should mean.

It does mean that at other clubs. Even down trodden Tigers get some money back. Got nothing else.

Offa officially released. Thank god. One less heartless and brainless player in the team.

Let's see what signings this leads to. Obviously Asiata is coming in but would love one or two others.

If your mate bails you out of a sticky situation , sure you owe him. But if that mate then starts making had decisions that hurt you, your family and your friends then you need to let them go.

That's exactly what Fifita did. Let go of a mate that wasn't what they used to be and was impacting their life negatively.

I didn’t know the broncos were effecting Fifita in a negative way.

Since my epic failures of guaranteeing Fifita would stay, my reputation for player movement has hit an all time low, so I really do not want to put it out there for fear of ridicule should he not do what I am told he will do!

I wouldnt worry mate, you are a top poster here. Sometimes people get told things, then things can just change overnight. Getting offered about $400 or $500k a year extra can have an impact! Its happened to me a couple of times where i've told things to people privately then things change and you end up looking silly!

Last edited:
Let's see what signings this leads to. Obviously Asiata is coming in but would love one or two others.
It is slightly concerning tho that if it has taken Joe's money to get Asiata across the line WTF has happened to the dollars from Boyd/Fifita/Bird.

We only have 3 spots to fill. I feel like we’ve lost like 15 players in 2 years and replaced them with 3 of Seibolds mates from previous clubs. The drop from 30 to 28 seems to be fucking us too. Allan, Chambers and Asiata? In 2022 aim for Grant to replace Macca, Capewell to replace Glenn, a Milford replacement. I honestly don’t know where this club thinks it’s heading

It is slightly concerning tho that if it has taken Joe's money to get Asiata across the line WTF has happened to the dollars from Boyd/Fifita/Bird.

It is far more than slightly concerning, it is unbelievable that this could be the case.

We only have 3 spots to fill. I feel like we’ve lost like 15 players in 2 years and replaced them with 3 of Seibolds mates from previous clubs. The drop from 30 to 28 seems to be fucking us too. Allan, Chambers and Asiata? In 2022 aim for Grant to replace Macca, Capewell to replace Glenn, a Milford replacement. I honestly don’t know where this club thinks it’s heading
It's still 30.

Otherwise the Warriors (30) and the Cowboys (29) are in for a rude awakening.

It's still 30.

Otherwise the Warriors (30) and the Cowboys (29) are in for a rude awakening.
Did I imagine it? Entirely possible. Good news then. 5 spots available.

Corey Allan, Dane Gagai, Kurt Capewell, John Asiata and Harry Grant obviously.

Who we will sign- David Mead, Dale Copley, Ben Te’o, John Asiata on a massive contract and Isaak Luke.

Last edited:
Yeah but every other year we would lose our best juniors
so would everyone else....and in that regard its fair....no-one has "juniors" per see, they are all instead draft prospects...

Did I imagine it? Entirely possible. Good news then. 5 spots available.

Corey Allan, Dane Gagai, Kurt Capewell, John Asiata and Harry Grant obviously.

Who we will sign- David Mead, Dale Copley, Ben Te’o, John Asiata on a massive contract and Isaak Luke.
There was a report back in early September that squads were going to be cut down to 28, but it was quickly dismissed a couple of days ago.

Hopefully with the Ofahengaue announcement out of the way, the Broncos can announce who they've signed for 2021 and 2022.

One major positive from this is Alex Glenn’s little clique has been dismantled. Glenn, Hopoate, Ofahengaue and Kahu have been a major reason for the Broncos culture slip. Certain people like to blame others for saying “it’s just a game” out of context but the captain creating division within the squad was rubbing other players the wrong way. Less Instagram, more rugby league thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Matheos
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • BruiserMk1
  • Jazza
  • Organix
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Galah
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
  • HarryAllan7
  • theshed
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • jd87
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.