Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
There might be a fullback at Souths that might be able to solve some of our problems.
My preference is drinkwater if it's realistic, even if we sign him for 2022. More of a threat through the middle, would be great with tpj, asiata and Haas through the middle. He also seems to have a better attitude.
Despite a bad year last year, if we have a better year with injuries (surely it's impossible to have worse, I do hope we change up our medical staff though)Our strength is still our middle rotation/forward power we just have absolutely NOTHING to run off the back of it. Drinkwater would help with this...

If we were not to get allan for full back, i am gathering that mead may be looked at for this position (given that he played a fair bit of it in england) in addition to our other options (nui, isaako). However, what are "people in the know" opinion of edene gebbie? He was released by the rabbits due to covid/getting mitchell. i dont get to watch qld cup
What I have seen of Gebbie which is limited is that he has potential. A Hopate, B Mcgrady might also be valuable cheapies too. None would be bad signings but not sure they solve the problems.

My preference is drinkwater if it's realistic, even if we sign him for 2022. More of a threat through the middle, would be great with tpj, asiata and Haas through the middle. He also seems to have a better attitude.
Despite a bad year last year, if we have a better year with injuries (surely it's impossible to have worse, I do hope we change up our medical staff though)Our strength is still our middle rotation/forward power we just have absolutely NOTHING to run off the back of it. Drinkwater would help with this...

The only thing I think Drinkwater does better than Allan is his kicking game, I think Allan is as good or better in every other department. Yes it is only a matter of opinions, so totally respect your view but the other reasons for me wanting Allan is he is our kid and he is currently gettable, Drinkwater is not. I don’t want to be paying overs to get Drinkwater when he is not better, at least significantly regardless of opinion, than Allan.

The only thing I think Drinkwater does better than Allan is his kicking game, I think Allan is as good or better in every other department. Yes it is only a matter of opinions, so totally respect your view but the other reasons for me wanting Allan is he is our kid and he is currently gettable, Drinkwater is not. I don’t want to be paying overs to get Drinkwater when he is not better, at least significantly regardless of opinion, than Allan.
I'd take Brimson over both, i rate Allan but Brimson just has that competitiveness to him . Allan gives me a corey norman vibe, silky smooth skills but with a attitude that stops him going to the next level.
Wouldn't be against Allan but if we're chasing someone for the future it would be Brimson.

Since my epic failures of guaranteeing Fifita would stay, my reputation for player movement has hit an all time low, so I really do not want to put it out there for fear of ridicule should he not do what I am told he will do!
That's fair enough mate , but how were you to know that mal would throw the bank at him .

I think Allan has a better linkman game (passing, structures) and seems to be more vocal in defence but Drinkwaters speed off the mark and footwork is far superior to Allans. They both follow play well and seem equal under the high ball when factoring in dropped ball as well.

Allan is a Broncos boy, he also left the Broncos the very first chance he got...

Since my epic failures of guaranteeing Fifita would stay, my reputation for player movement has hit an all time low, so I really do not want to put it out there for fear of ridicule should he not do what I am told he will do!
Mate i wouldn't be too bothered about the Fifita fiasco I don't think even he knew what he was doing right up until he signed. In fact I'd wager the only one that had any sort of idea was his Ma.

I'm sure there are many on here like myself will still hold your views and tips in high regard.

Reading between the lines it sounds like Piakura is planning (at this stage) to stay with us. But between the dodgy manger's advice and the way some clubs are acting - the young players of today and come and go at the drop of a hat. Suaalii's last minute move to the Roosters is a case in point and a prime example of how nothing is a done deal anymore.

I'd take Brimson over both, i rate Allan but Brimson just has that competitiveness to him . Allan gives me a corey norman vibe, silky smooth skills but with a attitude that stops him going to the next level.
Wouldn't be against Allan but if we're chasing someone for the future it would be Brimson.
Brimson would be pushing 800,000 these days. May get up near a million with the titans being pushed in the media.

Mate i wouldn't be too bothered about the Fifita fiasco I don't think even he knew what he was doing right up until he signed. In fact I'd wager the only one that had any sort of idea was his Ma.

I'm sure there are many on here like myself will still hold your views and tips in high regard.

Reading between the lines it sounds like Piakura is planning (at this stage) to stay with us. But between the dodgy manger's advice and the way some clubs are acting - the young players of today and come and go at the drop of a hat. Suaalii's last minute move to the Roosters is a case in point and a prime example of how nothing is a done deal anymore.
I had a laugh the other day when I noticed fifitas instagram. Quotes like "**** the haters", and "doing it for family".... it was actually a fair bit comical and is typical of the generation. The world isn't against you fifita, you're earning 1.25 million a year doing what you love. You had a tough upbringing but you live in a rich western country in a time of no war for us. Even if you earned 50,000 a year you'd be in the top 1% richest in the world. Stfu about your suffering and me against the world mentality. You ditched the club that got you out of a Bali gaol so you could live a life where buy a million dollar car instead of a 200,000 car. You're not crawling yourself out from under the poverty line ya flop...

I had a laugh the other day when I noticed fifitas instagram. Quotes like "**** the haters", and "doing it for family".... it was actually a fair bit comical and is typical of the generation. The world isn't against you fifita, you're earning 1.25 million a year doing what you love. You had a tough upbringing but you live in a rich western country in a time of no war for us. Even if you earned 50,000 a year you'd be in the top 1% richest in the world. Stfu about your suffering and me against the world mentality. You ditched the club that got you out of a Bali gaol so you could live a life where buy a million dollar car instead of a 200,000 car. You're not crawling yourself out from under the poverty line ya flop...

Eh, I’d take the extra 300k per year too and if the broncos felt that hard done by I’d ask them to give me a quote for how much it cost them to bail me out and send them a cheque.

Last edited:
Eh, I’d take the extra 300k per year too and if the broncos felt that hard done by I’d ask them to give me a quote for how much it cost them to bail me out and send them a cheque.
I didn't say anything about taking it/not taking it. It was about his attitude and bs "hard done by" type mentality. People thinking or saying his contract is not much of a risk are kidding themselves. He has had 3 "episodes" of trouble/obvious signs of bad attitude and is 50 games into his career. When teams inevitably start really targeting him what will his response be, his athleticism alone won't be enough, it will take a mentality far beyond "haters gonna hate"...

He isn't anything special but I can see what Walter's is trying to do with asiata. We have hard working big metre making forwards who can get a quick play the ball in abundance, evem if both ofa and lodge leave. What we don't have is any variety in the middle off the back of it. Haas dents the line then...... tpj is probably suspended, milf is not a threat these days, turpin isn't a speedy or clever threat out of dummy half, dearden can be but is still learning his craft, Coates doesn't look for the ball, our fullbacks aren't much chop. Staggs is all there is really, and thats 2-3 passes wide, gives too much time for defences to get set.
A bit of eyes up footy and quick feet from asiata with a lingering dearden (who follows plays well) or a fullback after Haas has drawn in the numbers would be much more threatening.
Yeah exactly Asiata is a player that can just add another dimension in attack

I don’t think you can really put a price on the favour the broncos did for Fifita. It’s something that should mean loyalty for a lifetime but not even a year later he bailed on us. It’s a straight up dog act

I don’t think you can really put a price on the favour the broncos did for Fifita. It’s something that should mean loyalty for a lifetime but not even a year later he bailed on us. It’s a straight up dog act

Sure but you also don’t do someone a favour and expect them to be endlessly in your debt. That’s not a favour it’s emotional blackmail. He isn’t indentured to the club for life after that. Sure it’s not a good look to leave so soon after but it’s a lot of money we’re talking about, and the club itself is a shambles.

If Brimson was available, this discussion is pointless, you take Brimson every day of the week without thinking twice, unfortunately he isn’t available.

Sure but you also don’t do someone a favour and expect them to be endlessly in your debt. That’s not a favour it’s emotional blackmail. He isn’t indentured to the club for life after that. Sure it’s not a good look to leave so soon after but it’s a lot of money we’re talking about, and the club itself is a shashambles

Images 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bish
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Lurker
  • Aldo
  • Volvo Driver
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.