Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in 22 it isn't and you never know when a player becomes available. I did say a year for widdop but no more, I just don't see widdop being any good for us.
I see the only real risk being injury, because if he's fit he's highly likely to be great for us.

His injury history is certainly a recent concern, but it's not like it's been a really long running one as it is in the case of someone like Foran. I think that's the difference for me.

I see the only real risk being injury, because if he's fit he's highly likely to be great for us.

His injury history is certainly a recent concern, but it's not like it's been a really long running one as it is in the case of someone like Foran. I think that's the difference for me.
One year or nothing for me, the Croft signing has damaged me. I'm actually surprised he hasn't been moved on .

Not in 22 it isn't and you never know when a player becomes available. I did say a year for widdop but no more, I just don't see widdop being any good for us.
Again, I’m confused. In 22 as in November 22 signing for 2023? Because the 22 season we can sign players for as of November this year and it’s pretty slim pickings.

Widdop would be great for Dearden to play next too. If Milford wasn’t so shit at it these days i would happily shift him to FB to play Dearden and Widdop in the halves.

Widdop is being highly underrated on here. The only downside is the injuries. Comparing Widdop to a spud like Croft is downright insulting.

The problem is, there is nothing on the market worth breaking the bank for, outside of what we already have! Its a tight market for quality spine players.

Asid from Aj brimson, Nico Hines and a couple of others - we would be better off sticking with what we have and trying to polish up MIlf and Deardon
We should be bringing Tanah Boyd back. He was worth keeping. I'd like him to take over the 6 when we release Milford and Croft at the end of next year.

Last edited:
The problem is, there is nothing on the market worth breaking the bank for, outside of what we already have! Its a tight market for quality spine players.

Asid from Aj brimson, Nico Hines and a couple of others - we would be better off sticking with what we have and trying to polish up MIlf and Deardon
You cant polish a turd

Does anyone think that Cowboys could take Croft off our hands due to them losing Clifford?

That way we could probably afford to sign Widdop. His Dad is a Broncos supporter.. I think that may help our chances.

Again, I’m confused. In 22 as in November 22 signing for 2023? Because the 22 season we can sign players for as of November this year and it’s pretty slim pickings.

Widdop would be great for Dearden to play next too. If Milford wasn’t so shit at it these days i would happily shift him to FB to play Dearden and Widdop in the halves.

Widdop is being highly underrated on here. The only downside is the injuries. Comparing Widdop to a spud like Croft is downright insulting.
Slim pickings for 21 not 22 . Brimson, RTS, branden Smith , schuster , manu just to name a few for 22 . Didn't actually compare them but im definitely not a big fan of widdop , just think he has a good boot on him .

Widdop was/is an elite player IMO. He carried the Dragons so hard and is a bit of a clutch player. Everything no one in our team is. If we can get him for 12 months only, to see how he fits into the team structure, I'd absolutely be keen. 2 years though, it's a no, too risky.
What is the ‘team structure’ you talk about?

The one Seibold thought he was coaching?
213DF1F5 C4E6 4431 8E32 414DAA700F3E

Or the one the team has been demonstrating the last 2 years?
8C5D2F84 9CD1 4185 90B6 118FB9AB3DF5

Last edited:
Slim pickings for 21 not 22 . Brimson, RTS, branden Smith , schuster , manu just to name a few for 22 . Didn't actually compare them but im definitely not a big fan of widdop , just think he has a good boot on him .

Lose Glenn, Macca, Milford, Croft and others. We will have enough for Manu and Widdop

We should go after Tedesco and Keary.
Haha nooooo. Something a bit more original please.

I say we develop Herbie into our fullback. He may turn out being better than Allan.

Last edited:
I don’t disagree, I really am just trying to clarify that this is what people mean. People are happy to wait until 2023 to make big signings but won’t take Widdop on a 2 year 500k deal, even though that would perfectly align with the 2023 season but won’t leave us with the worst spine in the comp for the next 2 years.
People are surprisingly risk averse on signings considering the alternative means playing the guys already on our roster, and we all saw how that roster performed this year.

Haha nooooo. Something a bit more original please.

I say we develop Herbie into our fullback. He may turn out being better than Allan.
Hi, welcome to the NRL. Would you like to learn from scratch to play one of the most important positions on the field in the most difficult circumstances possible now?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• mrtij
  • Strop
  • Brocko
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Allo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • LittleDavey
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Galah
  • Broncosarethebest
  • NSW stables
  • phoenix
  • Santa
  • Fozz
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.