Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas what the bulldogs’ offer is? Our funds/cap must be so bad because I’d take Allen over Coates every day of the week.
Allan would be costing more than Coates. Allan's manager wanted $500k otherwise he was just going to see out his last year at Souths.

Allan was on $350k at souths, which is probably the max you'd expect for Coates unless a ridiculous titans offer comes in and offers him over $500k

Real talk though, does anyone see us not coming last? And if so, what’s your reasoning? Because the bulldogs are looking significantly better, Titans won’t be anywhere near the bottom, Cowboys will do a lot better also having Morgan back and hopefully a fitter Holmes and the sea eagles surely can’t have a worse injury run than they did this year.
I think the dragons will be bad this year along with sharks.

Dogs still aren't great in my eyes.

Burton not there till next year, literally no hooker and Flannigan just failed miserably with the roosters. Their spine is arguably worse than ours and our forward pack is miles better than theirs.

They splashed cash on outside backs and JAC isn't there till 2022 either.

So those 3 teams would be in my bottom 4 somewhere as a minimum

I think the dragons will be bad this year along with sharks.

Dogs still aren't great in my eyes.

Burton not there till next year, literally no hooker and Flannigan just failed miserably with the roosters. Their spine is arguably worse than ours and our forward pack is miles better than theirs.

They splashed cash on outside backs and JAC isn't there till 2022 either.

So those 3 teams would be in my bottom 4 somewhere as a minimum
Tigers aren’t great either

Below is how I would compare the likely best 17 from players available for dogs vs broncos.

From the below I have broncos 12 to dogs 5

FullbackAllanNiu/IsaakoDogs (but potential to lose that if Niu comes good)
WingDWZHerbieBroncos
Left CenterHopoateCopleyDogs
Right CenterCotricStaggs (Coates whilst Staggs injured)Broncos (at full strength)
WingOkunborCoates (Isaako whilst Staggs injured)Broncos
Five-EightWakeham or Lewis??MilfBroncos
HalfbackFlanniganDeardenBroncos
PropNapa (lol)LodgeBroncos
HookerMarshall-King??TurpinBroncos
PropLuke ThompsonHaasBroncos
Second RowJosh JacksonGlennDogs (because Jackson … but it's probably pretty even)
Second RowRFMRikiDogs (RFM goes alright and Riki is an unknown and could surpass him)
LockAdam ElliottAsiataDogs (Asiata a bit of an unknown, but could surpass him)
UtilitySione Katoa (lol)Macca/PaixBroncos
MiddleStimson??CarriganBroncos
MiddleHetheringtonTPJBroncos
Utility ForwardBritt/ Waddell/ To'omaga/ Ofahiki/ Some other random they already had last yearFlegler/ Oates/ Bullemor/ TeoBroncos

I like the move from Canterbury because fullback is a position they've struggled with ever since Ben Barba self-destructed. They've been trying to fill the position with fill-ins for the better part of a decade and the few times they've signed a fullback it's always been a half-hearted depth signing like Brad Abbey or Nick Meaney. At least they're willing to put their money where their mouth is and they've taken a chance on Corey Allan.

Allan has been a frustrating player to follow. There are elements of his game that are all class but he has lapses in his game and doesn't have the qualities you'd expect to see in a top five fullback. Sure, he has enough talent to be an NRL player but can he lift the players around him and help take a struggling team deep into the finals?

If I was the Broncos, I would have passed on that arrangement as well. The Broncos need to concentrate on making the most of what they have and making quality signings when they present themselves. While I rate Allan ahead of their current options, I don't think he'd be a good fit for the club in the state that they're in.

I think the club sees the need for fiscal responsibility. Truthfully, KWs status as a junior coach wouldn't give him much say over spending in my opinion.

Real talk though, does anyone see us not coming last? And if so, what’s your reasoning? Because the bulldogs are looking significantly better, Titans won’t be anywhere near the bottom, Cowboys will do a lot better also having Morgan back and hopefully a fitter Holmes and the sea eagles surely can’t have a worse injury run than they did this year.
Definitely not last, we had by far the highest injury toll in the comp and thus the most inexperienced team. Our forward pack could monster most in the NRL if fit and we have some promising outside backs Id say between 6-10 is where we might end up. I think Walters will break it down to quick fast attacking footy and has already mentioned defence was the priority at the start of pre-season. The bulldogs aren't looking better then us at all, their forward pack is custard and their spine is no better then ours. The cowboys along with St. George are tipped to win the spoon as they have one or two excellent players with the rest being mediocre.

I think the club sees the need for fiscal responsibility. Truthfully, KWs status as a junior coach wouldn't give him much say over spending in my opinion.
But the fact is he should... he is the fucking coach for Christ sake they need to put their trust in him and let him do his job

Does anyone else find it weird that the titans are after Coates... they seem interested in to many decently paid players is that an indication that they don’t feel as though they can get Brandon Smith

what are your thoughts?

Does anyone else find it weird that the titans are after Coates... they seem interested in to many decently paid players is that an indication that they don’t feel as though they can get Brandon Smith

what are your thoughts?
I think they're trying to assert some sort of buying power dominance (David Fifita Deal). I would have thought Brandon smith Would lean more towards the Titans as Tino is there. As a club they haven't produced great junior talent as most of the junior rep players from the GC are snapped up pretty quickly so they don't really have any other option but to try and buy their way out of the hole they were in (seems as if if they've done so).

But the fact is he should... he is the fucking coach for Christ sake they need to put their trust in him and let him do his job
I'm not disagreeing, well not entirely but if were in the clubs position I'd probably feel the administration administrates, coaches coach.

I get that KW should be able to say 'I'd like player x, please get him here' but cap spending really shouldn't be part of KWs role. In this year I think KWs role should just be coaching what he is given and totally free of cap management.

I say it again, look at the Holbrook example. Justin, here's what you've got, find the quality in the team, unload the excess, train them up, unite them if you can and get us going forward.

After 12 months (less if he was convincing and performing) we'll see about buying new players to fill the gaps you've identified.

I think this is formula the Broncos are using.

I'm not disagreeing, well not entirely but if were in the clubs position I'd probably feel the administration administrates, coaches coach.

I get that KW should be able to say 'I'd like player x, please get him here' but cap spending really shouldn't be part of KWs role. In this year I think KWs role should just be coaching what he is given and totally free of cap management.

I say it again, look at the Holbrook example. Justin, here's what you've got, find the quality in the team, unload the excess, train them up, unite them if you can and get us going forward.

After 12 months (less if he was convincing and performing) we'll see about buying new players to fill the gaps you've identified.

I think this is formula the Broncos are using.

In saying that, I don’t think anyone at the club has the ability to sign players at a good price.

I’d say we have more players on over inflated contracts than any other team in the comp.

I think they're trying to assert some sort of buying power dominance (David Fifita Deal). I would have thought Brandon smith Would lean more towards the Titans as Tino is there. As a club they haven't produced great junior talent as most of the junior rep players from the GC are snapped up pretty quickly so they don't really have any other option but to try and buy their way out of the hole they were in (seems as if if they've done so).
I actually reckon he’d lean towards us we have a lot of younger players and that large kiwi and islander aspect would really appeal to him... also it’s believed his family live and are moving to Brisbane which is a great aspect... also I believe that his character is probably better suited at our club with the likes of kevvie and alfie

It's worth noting that the Knights uploaded their first crop of pre-season photos today.

People I've observed in photos:

Ponga, Pearce, Brailey, Best, Shibasaki, Fitzgibbon, D.Saifiti, J.Saifiti, Frizell, Sue, Klemmer, Watson, Tuala, Barnett, Crossland, To'a

People I have not observed in photos:

Mann.

i actually wouldn't be against Mann at the right price ... very versatile, and wasn't too bad for the Knights this year.

although, i'm not sure why he would come to us, I don't see a spot in our 17 for him when we're at full strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • heartly87
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Midean
  • HarryAllan7
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
  • theshed
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.