Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, 700k. Wouldn’t even be mad at him for taking it
Reading the article it's what his manager (Isaac Moses 🙄🙄) is asking for from the Shitney clubs to poach him away.

So he hasn't been offered $700k by anyone as yet, it's just what Moses wants for his commission

$700 000 is the figure being reported by Fox Sports to lure Kotoni away from Brisbane. Makes you wonder how much we've offered him. No way should we be competing with a $700 000 offer though.
I'd pull our offer immediately and gently point out to him that most players don't regain their form until a year after coming back from an acl so good luck getting that 700,000 offer........ there s 2 sides to footy, attack and defence. He may be close to that price in attack but he obviously does not realise he's a 200,000 defender at the moment, oh yeah, and he's coming back from an acl and he has not shown the consistency of a 700,000 player yet anyway....

I'd gladly pay him 600k to play 6 full-time, at centre no chance. I guess it depends what KW really thinks of Milford because what he says publicly means nothing. He's off contract, along with Staggs so we'll find out.

We mustn't be far off our top 30 now. I've got 4 spots left between these guys, but there are probably more I'm unaware of.

Riki (he's featured heavily on the Broncos website lately, wouldn't be surprised if he's already been upgraded to top 30)
Bullemor (had a development contract for 2021 according to nrl.com, but may have been upgraded, listed on Broncos website)
Kennar (listed on Broncos website)
Hetherington (listed on Broncos website)
Piakura
Kelly (not sure if he's returned after being sent to Souths Logan)
Luke (is he still training with us?)
Isaiah Tass (on a new development contract, doubt he'd be upgraded to top squad so soon)

EDIT: Forgot to add Callum Gahan, Brendan Frei and Ben Nakubuwai who Big Pete mentioned had been spotted training this pre-season
Props Logan Bayliss Brow and Leivaha Pulu are also training with the NRL squad.

Was reading this,would or should there be any interest from us for 2022 for dufty if we could get him for around the 300-400k mark?
I rate Dufty, wouldn't be disappointed if we signed him but that hinges on how well (or not well) Isaako/Niu play. If we can use the players we already have, we save money to spend elsewhere.

He's good but not $700k good............not $700k just to play in the centres anyway.

He has one good highlight reel palm off... no way should anyone be paying him that much.

Was reading this,would or should there be any interest from us for 2022 for dufty if we could get him for around the 300-400k mark?
I would really like a fullback in the mould of AJ Brimson or Papenhuyzen. I think they would compliment our forward pack well. Dufty is a similar style, is affordable, and has good potential. 2020 he shocked me with his improvement in his passing game.

With the lack of quality fullbacks on the market i would give consideration to Dufty, pending how Isaako or Niu perform. He wouldn't be high on my list, but I would certainly keep an eye on him.

Player swap with Macca
I would really like a fullback in the mould of AJ Brimson or Papenhuyzen. I think they would compliment our forward pack well. Dufty is a similar style, is affordable, and has good potential. 2020 he shocked me with his improvement in his passing game.

With the lack of quality fullbacks on the market i would give consideration to Dufty, pending how Isaako or Niu perform. He wouldn't be high on my list, but I would certainly keep an eye on him.

I’d be all for it except he refuses to defend.

this should give some people a bit of a lol,

Foxsports have said that the player the Tigers want in exchange for Billy Walters is Reece Walsh ... we've told them there is no chance of that happening

Tigers were told two weeks ago that Walsh isn't on the table. Broncos have plans for Walsh and it doesn't involves playing NRL for the Tigers.

All Kevvie’s work has been around adding people that will add to the place on and off the field. He was very deliberate.

Still one spot left but Tigers want a player swap and Broncos can’t do that.

Tigers were told two weeks ago that Walsh isn't on the table. Broncos have plans for Walsh and it doesn't involves playing NRL for the Tigers.
Interesting, I wonder if those plans explain why there was no interest in pursuing Allen or indeed any other fullback and why we are making do with what we have until he is ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Morkel
  • Organix
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Foordy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • broncos4life
  • Nerd
  • Shane Tronc
  • Browny
  • Waynesaurus
  • bazza
  • Fozz
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.