Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITT: People who will have egg on their face when Dearden becomes the next legendary Broncos captain.

Wait till he gets an adults body, he will be out of this world.
The only team Tommy Boy will ever be captaining is the Mackay Cutters,

BTW, Badel has now linked us to Reynolds.

Saying that our recruitment team has internally discussed the prospect of signing him as we believe he could be a good mentor for Dearden.

Says we have concerns about signing a 30 year old to a 3 year contract.

Then throws in a dig at our cap position saying we would struggle to meet his 700k a year demand (despite Milf being off contract and freeing up the full values of Bird and Macca at a minimum)
I honestly cant believe Reynolds is turning down Souffs deal. To me it shows he has a lack of faith in his body.

I honestly cant believe Reynolds is turning down Souffs deal. To me it shows he has a lack of faith in his body.
That’s a good point, if we’re really interested then a proper medical history needs to be done, not the bird situation all over again. Realistically 30 isn’t old, especially for a guy that’s never been a tackles busting, stepping speed machine.

HScreenshot 2021 04 08 Ruthless Broncos to banish 1m flop

Today's speculation masquerading as news:

Dean Ritchie (on radio)

“I think the Broncos will get rid of him, that’s the mail I’m getting. It sounds a bit ruthless, a bit insensitive but I think that they want him out of the joint. He’s off-contract at the end of this year, he’s on $1 million a year. Clearly he hasn’t delivered in terms of the contract that he’s on. I think the Broncos will say thanks for everything but we won’t be re-signing you.”

“What will happen from the mail I’m getting is that Kotoni Staggs will reject offers and stay at Brisbane. But they are grooming Staggs as a five-eighth and young Dearden is the future in their eyes at halfback."

“What would Anthony Milford attract on the market right now? $400,000 to $500,000?”

Laurie Daley responds:

“I think you’re about right. It would have to be half (of what he’s earning now). You’d have to take at least half a million away from him and then you’re hoping he’s going to rediscover his best form on that $400,000 to $500,000 mark."

McHunt

On the Reynolds South's offer ... it was still effectively a 1 year deal.

They offered 700k for 1 year, with a 1 year option in the clubs favour

I thought it was a year in Arey's favour which thinking on it now makes no sense.

I see why he's going to market then.

Why is everybody blowing up at Dearden for not re-signing yet, when all the reports are saying we haven't even offered him a contract yet?

I'm of the thinking that nobody will be announced as a signing until next month when DD arrives.
Lol, this has been posted a few times and yet no one wants to believe it .
We should give him a deadline for pulling a Fifita without any ticker !
I wonder what we should do when we actually do offer him a contract 🤔

You can just imagine Paul White sitting there reading this in the paper this morning and suddenly violently spitting his coffee out "...what do you mean you can offer a contract extension in the clubs favour???"

Do we know what kind of offer the Broncos have tabled for Dearden yet? I know we keep hearing that he hasn't resigned, but I haven't heard anything about what we've offered him either, other than Kevvie saying we want to keep him and we've got big plans for him.
I am sure badel or other media scum will make up those numbers for you in due course.

Picking apart sentences without stating a solid counter argument...you got nothing mate

Anyway, the coach wants us to suffer through Dearden's learning curve again...as if we didn't suffer that through Seibold already.
Saying Croft has reached his ceiling and Dearden has upside needs further explanation??
Croft was let go by 1 of most successful coaches ever in the game who then turned his fullback into a premiership winning half, for a bloke who watches so much footy and has your understanding of the game that should be a bit of a giveaway.
Kev is trying to build something for the future and IMO has come to the same conclusion as Bellamy that your man Croft isn't the guy.
Dearden may not be the guy either but we have to find out before we sign him to a long term deal or let him walk.
I don't see why you have such a boner for Croft he is an average half and has proven that over 58 games.

NRL on nine facebook page posted a video of Both Joey and Freddy been asked what they do to save the Broncos next year if they're given 1 million dollars.

Now i know alot of people dont like these two but both actually had good responses.

Joey said take out Brisbane's spine and they have a good side. He said he'd buy Daryl Clark from the UK as we need a running hooker. And then Shaun Johnson and if not him then Charlie Staines to play next to Deardon. He also said Issako is not a fullback and shouldn't be there moving forward.

Freddy says Brandon Smith (who joey agrees with but thinks we'd have to pay too much to get him here 650k+) and also william kennedy. Surely someone in our organisation can see along with 90% of the population we need something similar to the above mentioned players next year!?? And we should have money to spend.

NRL on nine facebook page posted a video of Both Joey and Freddy been asked what they do to save the Broncos next year if they're given 1 million dollars.

Now i know alot of people dont like these two but both actually had good responses.

Joey said take out Brisbane's spine and they have a good side. He said he'd buy Daryl Clark from the UK as we need a running hooker. And then Shaun Johnson and if not him then Charlie Staines to play next to Deardon. He also said Issako is not a fullback and shouldn't be there moving forward.

Freddy says Brandon Smith (who joey agrees with but thinks we'd have to pay too much to get him here 650k+) and also william kennedy. Surely someone in our organisation can see along with 90% of the population we need something similar to the above mentioned players next year!?? And we should have money to spend.
Charlie Staines? I rookie winger and maybe fullback to play 6? Righto...

Not dismissing the other suggestions but can't agree on Staines. I'd take Staggs every day of the week at number 6 over Staines.

Not that Staines is a bad player but he is just starting up the NRL experience curve on the wing, not close to being a five eighth and doubt he would even want that himself.

Not dismissing the other suggestions but can't agree on Staines. I'd take Staggs every day of the week at number 6 over Staines.

Not that Staines is a bad player but he is just starting up the NRL experience curve on the wing, not close to being a five eighth and doubt he would even want that himself.
The eighth didn't say Staines as 5/8 he reccomend him as a fullback. Staines played all his junior footy at fullback and was a gun.

The eighth didn't say Staines as 5/8 he reccomend him as a fullback. Staines played all his junior footy at fullback and was a gun.
Fair enough, i read it as Staines to play next to Dearden as in the halves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • simplythebest
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  • BroncosMan
  • Strop
  • Dazza 92
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Brotherdu
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Culhwch
  • Organix
  • broncsgoat
  • Scorchie
  • RodF
  • Mustafur
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.