Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's just a case of, we're going to be shit for a while yet before things get better, because things take time.

Maybe, but it would be a bit dramatic to keep saying “things are going to get worse before they get better” if you just mean things are going to remain shit for a while and slowly improve over time.

Maybe, but it would be a bit dramatic to keep saying “things are going to get worse before they get better” if you just mean things are going to remain shit for a while and slowly improve over time.
i think you're looking for a big bang solution when there just isn't one.

We shouldn't make any bones about it with Staggs, if he stays, and it looks like he will, it's more to do with he couldn't get clubs to get into a bidding war for him. He saw what happened with Fifita and banked on the same happening with him. It's backfired because there is no bidding war and he isn't as wanted as he thought he would be. He is lucky we are desperate because he wouldn't get the kind of money he will get here elsewhere imo.

We shouldn't make any bones about it with Staggs, if he stays, and it looks like he will, it's more to do with he couldn't get clubs to get into a bidding war for him. He saw what happened with Fifita and banked on the same happening with him. It's backfired because there is no bidding was and he isn't as wanted as he thought he would be. He is lucky we are desperate because he wouldn't get the kind of money he will get here elsewhere imo.
Do you have some inside goss on this mate, or is it just what you think is happening?

i think you're looking for a big bang solution when there just isn't one.

No I’m happy to be shit for a while. Sport is all about the highs and lows. I’m just wondering what Joe is referring to because I can’t see any immediate way things can get much worse. I mean that in an optimistic way, I think we are already on the slow and subtle way up compared to last year so I’m just not sure what could get worse.

No I’m happy to be shit for a while. Sport is all about the highs and lows. I’m just wondering what Joe is referring to because I can’t see any immediate way things can get much worse. I mean that in an optimistic way, I think we are already on the slow and subtle way up compared to last year so I’m just not sure what could get worse.
Consecutive wooden spoons?
I seriously think if the Doggies find a patch of good form, we are in serious contention for a double.

I seriously think if the Doggies find a patch of good form, we are in serious contention for a double.
This week could be telling.
The Cows-Dogs match up is truly a 50-50 affair as the Dogs hit a purple patch against the Storm for a 15-20min period. They could get a win as the Cows maybe complacent after just holding on against the fast finishing Tigers.

Our F/A differential takes a hammering tomorrow regardless. Anything below -60 would be a blessing.

This week could be telling.
The Cows-Dogs match up is truly a 50-50 affair as the Dogs hit a purple patch against the Storm for a 15-20min period. They could get a win as the Cows maybe complacent after just holding on against the fast finishing Tigers.

Our F/A differential takes a hammering tomorrow regardless. Anything below -60 would be a blessing.
Yep agreed.

We shouldn't make any bones about it with Staggs, if he stays, and it looks like he will, it's more to do with he couldn't get clubs to get into a bidding war for him. He saw what happened with Fifita and banked on the same happening with him. It's backfired because there is no bidding war and he isn't as wanted as he thought he would be. He is lucky we are desperate because he wouldn't get the kind of money he will get here elsewhere imo.

Is it possible that this could have humbled him somewhat? If he thought he was already a superstar and carried on in such a way, this might be enough to ground him somewhat and make him realise he still has a lot to work on.

we're probably lucky he's been out with his injury. if he was playing i suspect he would've attracted a few more offers.

Despite how good he is, it was a bit silly coming off an ACL to try that.

Likewise, I just get a feeling that if Kev stays the course with his selections and let combinations form, and get Staggs back, we can go on a bit of a roll. Not top 8 form but not spoon worthy either. Here’s hoping.

Staggs isnt as good as he thinks he is or the media/club are making him out to be either.

He isn't. He is one half elite and one half woeful, very far from a complete package and coming back from a serious injury may blunt his elite aspect for a while too.

we're probably lucky he's been out with his injury. if he was playing i suspect he would've attracted a few more offers.
I don't know how anyone can know what offers Staggs has been offered. I think he'd have half a dozen at least.

I don't know how anyone can know what offers Staggs has been offered. I think he'd have half a dozen at least.

Nobody would know for sure, but I do know he hasn't got anywhere near what he was hoping to attract in terms of offers. From my limited knowledge there have only been 3 serious enquiries from us, Parra and the Titans.

Nobody would know for sure, but I do know he hasn't got anywhere near what he was hoping to attract in terms of offers. From my limited knowledge there have only been 3 serious enquiries from us, Parra and the Titans.
Kid cant tackle, has had a leaked sex tape and got done for a homophobic slur - who's telling him he's worth a zillion dollars **** me dead.

He just looks like a gronk to me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Justwin
  • Jazza
  • eggstar10
  • broncsgoat
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • ezpz
  • davidp
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.