Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.3 million between them. If we start winning it'd be unlikely they'd want any of them gone quickly. It'd be Lodge if any as they must have Haas and TPJ as 'must keeps' and Flegler is young and seen as having great potential after maturing.
Yeah but for the first time ever Lodge played to his value, flegler hasn’t and he’s on less as well... I’d love to keep flegler if he wasn’t dead fucken stupid but he is so he is a huge liability

You said below average kid. I never said he was a rep player either. You say some odd things. He'd be happy to know you think he is my love interest as well :rofl

I think you forget, he basically sacrificed a year of his career here playing with 2 very bad shoulder injuries because he's a team player. He could have said no, but he put the team first. He would have had first crack at that left center position when Reed finished. He lost his spot at the Cowboys because he wouldn't sign a contract. He was playing some good footy up there until they did that to him.

I also think you need to understand cap management kid. For probably between $150-200k we could have signed him and would have got a solid, low maintainence NRL player who works and trains hard and who does all the effort plays and 1 percenters and is reliable, He can also cover probably 4 positions ( depending on how you use a lock ). You are clearly one of these people who think we can throw 400k a year contracts at every player and expect superstars.
I don't really care if he sacrificed a year of his career back in 2018, he has been at 2 other clubs since then, so that holds no weight with me, and it shouldn't hold any weight with the board.

I think quite a lot about contracts and cap management, and I never said Opacic isn't a decent squad player to have on minimum wage. I said it's weird the love he gets on here, people think he should be a priority signing.

You can keep calling someone who's age you don't know a kid, but if you're gonna try and pull the superior card, at least learn how to spell and fix up your grammar.

I don't really care if he sacrificed a year of his career back in 2018, he has been at 2 other clubs since then, so that holds no weight with me, and it shouldn't hold any weight with the board.

I think quite a lot about contracts and cap management, and I never said Opacic isn't a decent squad player to have on minimum wage. I said it's weird the love he gets on here, people think he should be a priority signing.

You can keep calling someone who's age you don't know a kid, but if you're gonna try and pull the superior card, at least learn how to spell and fix up your grammar.

I am superior to you kid, no question about it.

I dont believe you do understood how a salary cap works ( maybe you are a current Bronco's board member 🤔 ) because it you did you would clearly see we need to invest in cheaper, good value signings to get our cap back in balance, so yes, i'd say blokes like him on the kind of money i mentioned are a priority. We have a squad full of overpaid underachievers. He's the kind of bloke who earns his contract and doesnt get it handed to him on a plate.

You say you dont care he sacrificed a year of his career to play for the Broncos, yet thats exactly the kind of team player we should be looking for. Nice to see you appreciate players who put themselves out for the club and the fans isn't it. You must be a quality supporter of this footy club 👏

Oh and feel free to point out all my spelling mistakes and bad grammar. Never too old to learn!

Something that’s failed to be mentioned so far from that Brent read report is that we are looking to offload one of Haas, TPJ, Lodge and Flegler cause there on so much money... but I’m sssuming they are looking at getting rid of lodge or flegler, but **** I hope to go they get rid of flegler
He was just riffing on the speculation we might want to trim our biggest cap hogs first, but there was no substance in it. Being able to shift Flegler or Lodge on their salaris is just wishful thinking. No way we're letting Haas go. If TPJ puts in a few more efforts like Friday night, he's not going anywhere either.

Great grammar like 'gonna'?

Speak for yourself. I know what it means, you know what it means. It’s in the dictionary. When arguments descend into a spelling/grammar position is it really an argument anymore?

I couldn't care less to be honest, I make more than my fair share of mistakes but the original post was having a go at Wolfie for spelling and grammar, so if you are going to do that, you are opening yourself up to copping it.

Gonna is in the dictionary these days old man.
Yes, many words have been added. Just not in books about quality grammar. Come to think of it you probably wouldn't find it in any institutions common written word.

I couldn't care less to be honest, I make more than my fair share of mistakes but the original post was having a go at Wolfie for spelling and grammar, so if you are going to do that, you are opening yourself up to copping it.
It’s why I never bring it into any conversation 😂

Buzz Slothfield reporting that even though Staggs has told his teammates he's staying in Brisbane, that's not actually the case, and he's likely going to sign with the Titans who apparently still have $1m in the salary cap for next year. 🤣

Buzz Slothfield reporting that even though Staggs has told his teammates he's staying in Brisbane, that's not actually the case, and he's likely going to sign with the Titans who apparently still have $1m in the salary cap for next year. 🤣

I honestly don’t care either way. His money could be spent elsewhere but it would pretty good to keep him. I’d rather give $700k to Reynolds to partner Dearden personally.

I am superior to you kid, no question about it.

I dont believe you do understood how a salary cap works ( maybe you are a current Bronco's board member 🤔 ) because it you did you would clearly see we need to invest in cheaper, good value signings to get our cap back in balance, so yes, i'd say blokes like him on the kind of money i mentioned are a priority. We have a squad full of overpaid underachievers. He's the kind of bloke who earns his contract and doesnt get it handed to him on a plate.

You say you dont care he sacrificed a year of his career to play for the Broncos, yet thats exactly the kind of team player we should be looking for. Nice to see you appreciate players who put themselves out for the club and the fans isn't it. You must be a quality supporter of this footy club 👏

Oh and feel free to point out all my spelling mistakes and bad grammar. Never too old to learn!
Again, where did I say I was against it on a minimum wage? I clearly said that he is a decent addition as a min wage player. I don't consider squad filler players a priority, when our top 17 has so many problems. The fact you are so upset about someone not considering him a priority shows my original post was spot on. Nobody cares you know him personally.

I also don't care about what a player did at the club, when he has since been to 2 different clubs. I'd have the same opinion on Moose and Norman, anything they did at the club previously doesn't mean shit when discussing a new deal.
Great grammar like 'gonna'?
Gonna is a word, and also an extremely common abbreviation. And I didn't claim to have the best grammar or spelling, I simply said he should look at it when calling someone a kid and trying to act superior. Doesn't have the same impact when you misspell simple words. I guess mine is doing pretty well if all you got me on was 'gonna'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • NSW stables
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.