Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
My god sloth field is a fucken idiot... just trying to get a news story on a quiet Saturday

The only evidence that fuckwit has is ash Taylor is off contract... he’s a fucken moron

It is suss that Staggs hasn’t re-signed yet. I’m starting to think this is Fifita 2.0, and I get the feeling it may happen. Imo, he isn’t worth over 700k so we shouldn’t be offering anything higher then that. However, if he does go to the Tits you can almost guarantee he’ll be ‘signing’ for 500k.
Either way, put a deadline on him and get this shit sorted.
With regards to Reynolds, I don’t think he is too keen to leave Sydney, so if we do really want him, I think we will have to spend around 850k.
Dobbo did also say today that upto 10 players at the club will be told their services are not required for 2022. He also added that Walters only wants players that want to play for the club and I hope that’s true. We need more blokes like Herbie in this side, blokes that absolutely love the club and if that isn’t Staggs, Coates or Dearden, let them walk.

It's adorable you think I'm upset. Made my day that has.

I think I won't bother taking the opinion of somebody who has been telling us on here Turpin is an elite number 9 who will be fighting it out with Grant for the QLD and Australia hooker spot ( actually things you have said!) I like to get my advice from knowledgeable sources .
Yeah definitely the better option to avoid valid points and use an opinion about a different topic as a way to avoid those points.

Yeah definitely the better option to avoid valid points and use an opinion about a different topic as a way to avoid those points.
I said what I thought about your squad player topic so it's dealt with, and i said why I won't take your opinion on it. Don't get so uptight kid, we can have differing opinions. But Turpin fighting it out with Grant for QLD and Australia, fmd

He was just riffing on the speculation we might want to trim our biggest cap hogs first, but there was no substance in it. Being able to shift Flegler or Lodge on their salaris is just wishful thinking. No way we're letting Haas go. If TPJ puts in a few more efforts like Friday night, he's not going anywhere either.

TPJ has had so many false dawns the pressure is probably on him more than the others I'd say. He just need to keep doing what he did against the Panthers, but we have said that plenty.

Cut Staggs loose, tired of these mercenary types.
I said it with Fifita, i will say it with Staggs.
These young rookies holding the club to ransom after delivering us our first wooden spoon can **** right off.
The Broncos will bounce back, regardless of who stays and who go's.
This organization is too big, and too important to the NRL to wallow in the bottom four for long and there is enough talent floating around to cover any losses.

Let him go to the Titans, they can further **** their cap and while it might pay off in the short term, it will screw them down the road and i will love every minute of their demise (sorry TheDon).

It is suss that Staggs hasn’t re-signed yet. I’m starting to think this is Fifita 2.0, and I get the feeling it may happen. Imo, he isn’t worth over 700k so we shouldn’t be offering anything higher then that. However, if he does go to the Tits you can almost guarantee he’ll be ‘signing’ for 500k.
With regards to Reynolds, I don’t think he is too keen to leave Sydney, so if we do really want him, I think we will have to spend around 850k.
Dobbo did also say today that upto 10 players at the club will be told their services are not required for 2022. He also added that Walters only wants players that want to play for the club and I hope that’s true. We need more blokes like Herbie in this side, blokes that absolutely love the club and if that isn’t Staggs, Coates or Dearden, let them walk.

I don't think he's worth over 500K tbh and even that's a stretch. Sure, if he goes to 6 and kills it we can look at his contract and upgrade accordingly. Right now though, coming off an ACL and being a patchy defender, it's 500 and he should feel happy to be getting that much. He can go suck some sandy toes on the Coast if he doesn't like it.

I honestly believe we should tell Staggs to sign by Wednesday or thats it. Strong clubs dont keep waiting on players to make up their minds.

I honestly believe we should tell Staggs to sign by Wednesday or thats it. Strong clubs dont keep waiting on players to make up their minds.
Agree on setting deadlines and on top of that once the deadline has come and gone be very public to the media that the player has not signed and the deal with the Broncos is off the table and we wish them well with their future club.

Need to stop being used as a pawn by player managers in negotiations. Time to start setting our own narrative

The Titans are unbelievable, they spend all this cash on gun players.. I mean gun players, literally some of the best young forwards the game has to offer.. then they get absolutely belted by a Manly team who struggled to beat a seriously under-manned Warriors team the week before, they didn't even cross the stripe

Now I am hearing they want to make a play at Staggs? they can buy all the talent they want at this point, that club is a complete car crash, they have no culture and they only get fans to games when they go through a winning period.

Do yourself a favor Kotoni, stay at Brisbane.

I'm 50/50 on Staggs. On one hand, I would love for him to stay as a centre (not wrapped in the idea of him playing 6. Enough experimenting with the halves ffs), but at the same time, if he is pointing a gun at the club for a bigger payday than he deserves, then he can walk away. A more run of the mill, hard working Jack Reed type is what we need in the centres more these days anyway. Herbie seems like he can evolve into that strike centre type as time goes on.

The Titans are unbelievable, they spend all this cash on gun players.. I mean gun players, literally some of the best young forwards the game has to offer.. then they get absolutely belted by a Manly team who struggled to beat a seriously under-manned Warriors team the week before, they didn't even cross the stripe

Now I am hearing they want to make a play at Staggs? they can buy all the talent they want at this point, that club is a complete car crash, they have no culture and they only get fans to games when they go through a winning period.

Do yourself a favor Kotoni, stay at Brisbane.

Tbf Manly are a different side with at Trbo fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Astro
  • Maddy
  • broncos4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • davidp
  • broncsgoat
  • dasherhalo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Aldo
  • Lostboy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • Gaz
  • Browny
  • MrMoore
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • HarryAllan7
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.