Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly believe we should tell Staggs to sign by Wednesday or thats it. Strong clubs dont keep waiting on players to make up their minds.
They are terrified by the media blowback which will inevitably be framed as the “club in crisis”, “no one wants to stay”, “Brisbane are now just another club”, “never use to lose players they wanted to keep”etc etc.

Yeah also sick of these guys messing us about. Get rid of him, Milford & Dearden, use the money to bring in Munster when his contract is up. Let's start buying proven talent, not pay for potential or play good players in positions that don't suit them.

hey lads I’d look at the courier Mail... a couple club bosses are trying to push a theory with some huge salary cap compensation and we would have 12 very good players in 25% less in the cap... let’s hope it goes through

hey lads I’d look at the courier Mail... a couple club bosses are trying to push a theory with some huge salary cap compensation and we would have 12 very good players in 25% less in the cap... let’s hope it goes through

Won't happen ... it's far too sensible an idea for the incompetent NRL management to even truly consider.

Although I would go a step further and in addition to the concessions for developing players being proposed here, I would also expand the veterans allowance (that some club bosses want to do instead)

That way clubs get rewarded for development and players get rewarded for loyalty

The only thing I’m hopeful of regarding the dragging out of contracts is that the club has apparently told agents to be patient as the broncos finalise their plans for their roster, and also the arrival of DD.

Maybe the players aren’t the only ones dragging things out, perhaps the club is not rushing into things either. I feel like there must be a lot of moving parts at the moment, and decisions like how much Staggs is really worth to us are being deeply considered and pending on the results of other negotiations.

If it is simply a matter of the club wanting Staggs to sign but he is dragging it out then yea, a deadline should 100% be in place.

Won't happen ... it's far too sensible an idea for the incompetent NRL management to even truly consider.

Although I would go a step further and in addition to the concessions for developing players being proposed here, I would also expand the veterans allowance (that some club bosses want to do instead)

That way clubs get rewarded for development and players get rewarded for loyalty
I completely agree.. it’s a great reward but it’s unrealistic... really apart from us it’s just making the good teams good and the worse teams even worse... cause even the chooks had a lot of players on their list... Storm would be only team to suffer with only 4 players on any level of compensation

They are terrified by the media blowback which will inevitably be framed as the “club in crisis”, “no one wants to stay”, “Brisbane are now just another club”, “never use to lose players they wanted to keep”etc etc.
Do they not realise yet that there will be media blowback either way? If he stays it will be a “desperation signing” like Piakura apparently was.

Cannot believe that the titans are throwing huge cash at a centre. They need a half and a hooker desperately, as in more than we do (which is saying something considering the shitness of our halves).

If Staggs is wanting more than 650ish I’d let him walk and go bigger on Arey to make sure we get him. We’re fine for centres really with herbie, Niu, and that Cobbo kid coming through.

Cannot believe that the titans are throwing huge cash at a centre. They need a half and a hooker desperately, as in more than we do (which is saying something considering the shitness of our halves).

If Staggs is wanting more than 650ish I’d let him walk and go bigger on Arey to make sure we get him. We’re fine for centres really with herbie, Niu, and that Cobbo kid coming through.
In all honesty, after 6 rounds, I haven’t missed Staggs at all. Not once have I thought, oh if Staggs was there we would have scored.

In all honesty, after 6 rounds, I haven’t missed Staggs at all. Not once have I thought, oh if Staggs was there we would have scored.
That's fair enough but most of his tries were individual efforts with little to no assistance, I guess that's why he's commanding a hefty price tag

I completely agree.. it’s a great reward but it’s unrealistic... really apart from us it’s just making the good teams good and the worse teams even worse... cause even the chooks had a lot of players on their list... Storm would be only team to suffer with only 4 players on any level of compensation

If it screws with the Storm, after all the rubbish they've introduced to the game, I'm all for it.

What do we think is happening with our forwards apparently being on notice / going to be moved on. Surely it’s Lodge and Flegler on the chopping block.

What do we think is happening with our forwards apparently being on notice / going to be moved on. Surely it’s Lodge and Flegler on the chopping block.
One would think it would have to be Felgler, Glenn, possibly Teo and probably Kennar(i know not a regular forward).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Astro
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Griffo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • Jazza
  • Fozz
  • Justwin
  • Bish
  • Lurker
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Fatboy
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • Browny
  • Midean
  • Foordy
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.