Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird, he gets interviewed after the game and it's all about the fans and the jersey.. then you hear in the news he has taken off to take a look at Melbourne's facilities

The media is great

.. we lose players "Broncos in crisis"

.. Titans after a bad game "well they've paid Fifita halfback money"

okay, so we didn't match a ridiculously stupid offer but in turn, we're still in crisis. Dead set give yourselves an upper cut ya flogs
On the positive side however, now that the media have stopped crowing about how good Titan’s recruiting is (because they stole a Bronco, you know the ‘circuit breaker’) they are now admitting to the fact that money should have been spent on a half.

They were too busy laying the boot into the Broncos to even criticise the Titans last year.

On the positive side however, now that the media have stopped crowing about how good Titan’s recruiting is (because they stole a Bronco, you know the ‘circuit breaker’) they are now admitting to the fact that money should have been spent on a half.

They were too busy laying the boot into the Broncos to even criticise the Titans last year.
The narrative would have been very different if Fifita was getting poached from the Roosters or Souths etc. The would have talked about how stupid the money was and how irresponsible it is. The Titans are just to stupid to realise that the media wasn’t pushing their narrative because it is right but because it was against us.

There's an article out today about the roosters and walker and it actually makes some sense. Walker should be very gettable from the roosters.

Every game he comes out and kills it his value sky rockets. Its something they definitely didnt anticipate. They already have tefdy signed who would have to be very close to 1 million a year. Keary likewise would have to be 800k. Throw in Cordner, Manu, chrighton and JWH plus whatever they're paying that 17 year old whos never played a game yet.

Surely they cant afford to offer more then 500k a season for him?

Next year they need to replace both morris boys. They were apparently on minimum wage so to get players of their calibre into the wing and centres will cost them. I'm calling it now, money will lure this kid away purely because of the roosters cap position and how fast he's developed. The roosters simply cant match a 800k offer surely?

Also, why did the cow's go so hard after Dearden and not give walker a sniff?

Morris 2 will be "medically retired" due to his ACL injury and boom.....there is your Sam Walker money...

By the folks that brought you GIs medical retiring salary cap enaema....

Morris 2 will be "medically retired" due to his ACL injury and boom.....there is your Sam Walker money...

By the folks that brought you GIs medical retiring salary cap enaema....

medical retirement doesn't help the Roosters. both Morris boys are off contract at seasons end

Walker has talent, but he shouldn't be getting million dollar offers just yet, and I don't see him leaving the Roosters, they will give him a severely back ended contract to keep him.

Keep in mind how good Tim Smith looked in his first year, I'm not saying Walker won't be an elite talent, but you gotta be careful offering a huge contract to a 5 gamer.

Walker has talent, but he shouldn't be getting million dollar offers just yet, and I don't see him leaving the Roosters, they will give him a severely back ended contract to keep him.

Keep in mind how good Tim Smith looked in his first year, I'm not saying Walker won't be an elite talent, but you gotta be careful offering a huge contract to a 5 gamer.

The Roosters will make him sign a contract for $300k, pay him over double that on the sly, then make him piss in a jar for insurance.

I love on 360 how they’re all like yeah Roosters will struggle to pay him but he should stay there and take less money for the good of the game and for his good, etc.

Remember too, now Friend has retired, the Morrises will retire as well, in Roosterbux, although all were signed on low wages, losing them now means they have almost $3 million to spend so not only will Walker re-sign, they’ll also get Staggs and Coates.

There is an article saying Paul Turner is definitely leaving the Warriors come seasons end. Might be the plan he still comes here

Mole: no one else wants Widdop, so maybe he'll have to slum it at the Broncos

ScreenScreenshot

I'd take him as back up to Gamble.
Feb 2019: Matt Johns saying he's the best player in the comp. Lauds Widdop Hunt combo. Saints finish second last at end of season. Released by Saints on "compassionate" grounds to be with family in UK. Now asking Warrington for release on compassionate grounds to be with family in Australia.

Feb 2019: Matt Johns saying he's the best player in the comp. Lauds Widdop Hunt combo. Saints finish second last at end of season. Released by Saints on "compassionate" grounds to be with family in UK. Now asking Warrington for release on compassionate grounds to be with family in Australia.

This hasn't aged well but to be fair Widdop started that season on fire.

There's been more than one occasion where he looked like the best half in the league and then tailed off significantly.

Yeah however

- highly likely in 2008 until Ashton Ashton’d
-likely again 2009 until PWal snapped an ankle
- also likely 2011 if not for a knee in the eye socket
- and 2015

So really we’ve had four shots at it

either way, the pair of reporters plus Pete “attack dog” Badel have easy targets at the moment that sell papers and increase eyeballs in socials.

win, and they’ll move into something else
Don't forget looking at back to back in 2007 until everyone got injured.

Mole: no one else wants Widdop, so maybe he'll have to slum it at the Broncos

View attachment 12774
I'd definitely take him. I know the injury risks and I accept it's likely he's well past his best, but it's looking more and more likely by the day that in the game of Halfback musical chairs we're going to be the ones left without a seat and in that scenario I think desperate times call for fairly desperate measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncorob
  • the_next
  • winslow_wong
  • Rah88
  • broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • Jazza
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • MrMoore
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.