Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
James Hooper:

“Kotoni Staggs we’ve spoken about Parramatta, I heard he knocked the offer back because they wouldn’t offer him a fourth season. I’ve heard the Knights are a smokey and are at the negotiation table which would explain why he’s holding on for so long.”

Feb 2019: Matt Johns saying he's the best player in the comp. Lauds Widdop Hunt combo. Saints finish second last at end of season. Released by Saints on "compassionate" grounds to be with family in UK. Now asking Warrington for release on compassionate grounds to be with family in Australia.

From the same bloke that said Ash Taylor would be the best half in the game. I’d take what Marty John’s has to say with a grain of salt.

This hasn't aged well but to be fair Widdop started that season on fire.

There's been more than one occasion where he looked like the best half in the league and then tailed off significantly.
The Dragons were travelling well until Widdop threw a spanner in the works by asking for a release not only mid-contract but also mid-season. The Dragons then rushed out and got a replacement for Widdop with Corey Norman. And messed up the Dragons chemistry there was too many generals on the team and not enough troopers.

Its why I would pass on Widdop. He has requested two releases now, and for the Broncos they should say no on principle. I see Raiders halfback George Williams may ask for a release because he is homesick. Here's a novel concept, fulfill your contract and then leave.

Feb 2019: Matt Johns saying he's the best player in the comp. Lauds Widdop Hunt combo. Saints finish second last at end of season. Released by Saints on "compassionate" grounds to be with family in UK. Now asking Warrington for release on compassionate grounds to be with family in Australia.

He might well be an intellectual giant of the game. Matty Johns' verbal diarrhea aside, Widdop did produce some outstanding footy while he was at the Storm, but not as much at the Woolongong Broncos. I'd still take him as a bck-up to Gamble.

From the same bloke that said Ash Taylor would be the best half in the game. I’d take what Marty John’s has to say with a grain of salt.

Matty Johns also recommended the Titans to hire Garth Brennan as head coach.

James Hooper:

“Kotoni Staggs we’ve spoken about Parramatta, I heard he knocked the offer back because they wouldn’t offer him a fourth season. I’ve heard the Knights are a smokey and are at the negotiation table which would explain why he’s holding on for so long.”
...again, offer him a contract at centre money with a deadline.....sign it or **** off...

We cant go on like this.....its causing more damage than good at this stage. He isnt even playing right now...

Im fully confident any outside back we lose can be replaced. Put the majority of our cap into the spine. Thats the plan, dont deviate from this now...

Junior Kiwi five eighth Paul Turner has rejected the Broncos and signed with the Titans:

Warriors recruitment manager Peter O’Sullivan:

“It’s unfortunate to lose Pauly as he’s been with us since 2018 and made his NRL debut with the club last year. His shoulder reconstruction has obviously ended his season and now it has ended his time with us. We made him a good offer which outweighed his new club’s deal but he and his support network believe his chances of playing NRL are greater elsewhere. While we are disappointed we thank Pauly for his contribution and wish him all the best for his future.”

McHunt

Junior Kiwi five eighth Paul Turner has rejected the Broncos and signed with the Titans:

Warriors recruitment manager Peter O’Sullivan:

“It’s unfortunate to lose Pauly as he’s been with us since 2018 and made his NRL debut with the club last year. His shoulder reconstruction has obviously ended his season and now it has ended his time with us. We made him a good offer which outweighed his new club’s deal but he and his support network believe his chances of playing NRL are greater elsewhere. While we are disappointed we thank Pauly for his contribution and wish him all the best for his future.”

McHunt

Broncos miss out on player they didn't want, great article.

Broncos miss out on player they didn't want, great article.

Yeah but where is the fun or controversy in that, losing a player we wanted to the Titans is a far jucier narrative.

All this continues to show is that the media just completely guess at everything until literally 5 minutes before actual news breaks.

In Badel's case, 5 minutes after the news breaks only for him to claim it is an exclusive :rofl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • Strop
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.