Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hodgson seems well passed it but he could be a decent old head in the spine for the right price. At this point he barely seems much improvement on Macca though.

Thinking about what the Cowboys are doing, i'm wondering if Staggs wont be a possibility of signing for them if its purely about money. They seem to be clearing a bit of cap space, and especially after dumping Marsters they would be in the market for a center. They also have Granville, Hampton and O'Neill off contract as well as they could possibly lose Drinkwater. Wouldnt surprise me if they dont make a late play for him.
Direct swap for The 🔨 . Sign me up.

The only scenario I would be willing to look at Hodgson is if we strike out on a premier Halfback.

He's an adequate playmaker that does his best work when he can take a good portion of the attacking options. If we get a Shaun Johnson or Adam Reynods; Josh Hodgson would only serve as someone stealing 5th tackle options from a better playmaker. This arrangement has worked at the Raiders over the last few years because guys like Wighton, Sezer & to a lesser extent G.Williams are more-so runners than elite 'playmakers'.

A far better play would be to land an elite 7 and combine him with a young 9 that has a dynamic running game.

The only scenario I would be willing to look at Hodgson is if we strike out on a premier Halfback.

He's an adequate playmaker that does his best work when he can take a good portion of the attacking options. If we get a Shaun Johnson or Adam Reynods; Josh Hodgson would only serve as someone stealing 5th tackle options from a better playmaker. This arrangement has worked at the Raiders over the last few years because guys like Wighton, Sezer & to a lesser extent G.Williams are more-so runners than elite 'playmakers'.

A far better play would be to land an elite 7 and combine him with a young 9 that has a dynamic running game.
SJ + B Smith?

We can aim for an all kiwi spine - get Benji in too.

It seems a lot of our probable options are a contract overdue. ie we should’ve gone all out to get them before their current contracts.

On the Gamble topic, I think he could be a good centre option. Solid defensively, big body and has some ball playing ability. I don't see him ever truly cementing a spot in the halves but could definitely give centre a crack and possibly be a reliable option for years to come.

If we don't keep Coates, we could always move Herbie to wing and Gamble to centre.

On the Gamble topic, I think he could be a good centre option. Solid defensively, big body and has some ball playing ability. I don't see him ever truly cementing a spot in the halves but could definitely give centre a crack and possibly be a reliable option for years to come.

If we don't keep Coates, we could always move Herbie to wing and Gamble to centre.

He’d be an incredibly slow centre and there are plenty of actual centres out there, not sure why we’d need to play Gamble out of position.

I’m interested to see how Gamble plays out the opportunity he’s been given in the halves but I think fans will turn on him before season end. Hopefully not and he can keep playing like last weekend.

He’s way too slow for a centre I think.

Adam Reynolds
Shaun Johnson
Mitchell Moses
Daly Cherry Evans
Kalyn Ponga
Gareth Widdop
Aidan Sezer
Josh Hodgson
Scott Drinkwater

This is a list of all the players the media have linked us to over the course of one month. Never let it be said that attaching our name to a news story doesn't generate clicks because these hack ***** are as transparent as a fresh condom, and I'm betting @McHunt can confirm for me (if he can be bothered going over the "reports" of these fucksticks) that the majority of them have come from Peter Badel.

Getting a player get through a knee injury during COVID and helping them whilst in a Bali police station was supposed to carry weight with the family too...
It does but $1.25M carries more.

Hodgson seems well passed it but he could be a decent old head in the spine for the right price. At this point he barely seems much improvement on Macca though.
Just like Turpin.

More likely a lock option than a centre option.

Hodgsons the right position to target, just the wrong player.....there is a reason why he is on the outer down here. Ask any Raiders fan why the team play so much better with Starling at the 9...

Think what it does say though is there are **** all quality 9s running around in the comp.

He’d be an incredibly slow centre and there are plenty of actual centres out there, not sure why we’d need to play Gamble out of position.

I’m interested to see how Gamble plays out the opportunity he’s been given in the halves but I think fans will turn on him before season end. Hopefully not and he can keep playing like last weekend.

Agree, the problem with long term ISC players is they can get themselves up for their first games- they've waited 25 years for it but then the grind of week to week settles in and in a month they're stuffed. Mentally and physically exhausted.

Adam Reynolds
Shaun Johnson
Mitchell Moses
Daly Cherry Evans
Kalyn Ponga
Gareth Widdop
Aidan Sezer
Josh Hodgson
Scott Drinkwater

This is a list of all the players the media have linked us to over the course of one month. Never let it be said that attaching our name to a news story doesn't generate clicks because these hack ***** are as transparent as a fresh condom, and I'm betting @McHunt can confirm for me (if he can be bothered going over the "reports" of these fucksticks) that the majority of them have come from Peter Badel.
I can see Canberra quickly jumping to swap Williams for Widdop. It seems a natural choice. One wants to leave Aus while the other wants back to Aus.

Cross off Scott Drinkwater

Cowboys utility makes big call on NRL future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Morkel
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.