Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man would've been keen on Hodgson coming to Brisbane. I still think he's got something left in the tank

I'm not sure why after what the Broncos went through with Jack Bird. Hodgson seems quite fragile to me and has had extended periods on the sidelines due to injury.

View attachment 12800

This part of the Badel article caught my eye. Makes me think we've already made a deal with somebody.
Or we were actually never talking to him, why would we be talking to his manager if we couldn't even table an offer, sounds absolutely ridiculous. Would be like booking a fancy table at a restaurant just to look at the menu lol.

Hopefully the reality is we have signed somebody and just retracted the offer for Drinkwater.

Or we were actually never talking to him, why would we be talking to his manager if we couldn't even table an offer, sounds absolutely ridiculous. Would be like booking a fancy table at a restaurant just to look at the menu lol.

Hopefully the reality is we have signed somebody and just retracted the offer for Drinkwater.

could also be we looked at the menu, saw the prices and went "**** that shit, not worth it", then walked out

could also be we looked at the menu, saw the prices and went "**** that shit, not worth it", then walked out
Yeah true bro, I would take this as a positive. Maybe Kev has come with the mindset of this is a value we set and we are not budging. If we take that mindset to the table everytime our cap and team will look more balanced in the long term. Drinkwater has shown some good things but his defense is terrible and he isn't exactly a proven sure thing.

Latest from Reynolds:

“We’re still working out what will be best for me and my family. If I have to move the family interstate I will. It would be daunting but exciting at the same time. It won’t have any impact on my contract situation. I’ve played every game this year, and any club that’s looked at me already knows what I’ve done and what I’m capable of. A deal could get done in two days, it might be two weeks, I just don’t know.”

Latest from Moses:

“I don’t care about money to be honest, it’s not about that. It’s about where I’m going to play my best footy. I’ve played in teams that have lost games and not had the best seasons and I’d rather be happy somewhere playing good footy and winning games than money. If I have to move the family interstate I will. It would be daunting but exciting at the same time.”

McHunt

Are we to believe that both of them said verbatim "If I have to move the family interstate I will. It would be daunting but exciting at the same time." I smell shite.
Reynolds said it, not Moses.

Are we to believe that both of them said verbatim "If I have to move the family interstate I will. It would be daunting but exciting at the same time." I smell shite.
Sloppy reporting/editing. Here's the original:

He's quoting this piece:

Some cash freed up, right here. Rumour is he's accepted a shorter contract (two years) and less money than the Broncos were offering:

Not sure how we get back up from this. We can't even keep our own players by offering them more than our rivals, we have no hope.

To be fair as a developing player I'd join the Storm for less. Success means players will go to clubs for less and the chance to grow and win premierships.

Not sure how we get back up from this. We can't even keep our own players by offering them more than our rivals, we have no hope.
**** them. If they dont want to be here then piss off. These are the type of players you dont want. Its just like comfy footy Fifita, when the going gets tough they kick and look for the easy option.

This season is about working out who is worth keeping and worthy of wearing the Broncos jersey.

Wow this feels like the bottom. I don't really care so much about Coates leaving but for him to go for less feels like the absolute bottom. In saying that I am sure @Smokin' Joe will came in and say some cryptic shit about it getting even worse than this to add another kick in the guts.

To be fair as a developing player I'd join the Storm for less. Success means players will go to clubs for less and the chance to grow and win premierships.
I think it is a sure fire sign of a major character flaw. It’s a flaw that signals he’ll be found wanting when push comes to shove and that’s not the sort of teamwork traits that win comps.

Good riddance to bad character I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Inknition
  • Browny
  • Manofoneway
  • GCBRONCO
  • Morkel
  • Mr Fourex
  • LittleDavey
  • jd87
  • Yem
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Strop
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • mrslong
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncsgoat
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • BroncoFan94
... and 72 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.