Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamble costs us nothing, I'm not saying he's the answer, but to me he is preferable to overpaying for someone who has shown very limited potential to be the half we need.
Hodgson has a long history as a game-controlling middle. 9 and 13 are almost the same position in today's NRL... I think he has more than proved that he can contribute in that position.

I disagree about Johnson’s game managing and comparing him to Milford as I’ve seen many do is intellectually lazy. I do agree he wouldn’t be the first choice though.

I was sort of with you until this part. How are they at all similar in attack?

They are both ball-playing middles.

Sure, one in attack focuses on being the dummy half and running the attack from there, but the ball playing locks of today's modern era do the same thing from one-out of the ruck... whether they are bending down to pick up the ball or not is the only difference.

The point is, they're both in the middle of the field, getting their hands on the ball to link with the halves on either side of the play.

This guy usually knows his stuff:

Reports Walters & Donut offered Reynolds a 3 year deal worth $2.4 million plus the captaincy.

Payne Haas:

“He would be a massive signing for our club if we got Adam Reynolds. You can see his kicking game is the best of any half in the comp with Nathan Cleary and his game management would be perfect for our young team. We have a really good forward pack, but we just need that senior game manager to take us to the next level.”

McHunt

Says
“Hear it all, listen to none of it” I’m taking it as he is basically saying listen to none of the rumours about him leaving 🤷‍♂️
Robbie Farrah’s comment though!

This guy usually knows his stuff:

Walters met Reynolds in Sydney last Sunday to offer Reynolds a 3 year deal worth $2.4 million, plus the captaincy.

Payne Haas:

“He would be a massive signing for our club if we got Adam Reynolds. You can see his kicking game is the best of any half in the comp with Nathan Cleary and his game management would be perfect for our young team. We have a really good forward pack, but we just need that senior game manager to take us to the next level.”

McHunt

See, this is how News corpse rumours start. Nekminnit, stupid Broncos offer Reynolds crazy $27 million deal.

I disagree about Johnson’s game managing and comparing him to Milford as I’ve seen many do is intellectually lazy. I do agree he wouldn’t be the first choice though.

Agree to disagree.

I think SJ being a mercurial talent who never had the consistency to regularly decide the outcome of games despite being the focal point of his team's attack and being given lots of tools to succeed for a long period is enough for most people to liken him to Milford.

He is more involved than Milford, but his range of involvements are also more volatile - he has more good plays, but he has more very bad plays too.

If he can replicate his Sharks form then he's a completely different player - and I hope he does, regardless of who he plays for... but the Sharks are a Storm-esque team, who have strong structures and systems which allow players to do a simple job well.... We are far from being that sort of team, and throwing SJ the reins to 'save' the Broncos is more likely to result in more of the hero-ball / hail mary type stuff we saw him stick to for so long in NZ.

Agree to disagree.

I think SJ being a mercurial talent who never had the consistency to regularly decide the outcome of games despite being the focal point of his team's attack and being given lots of tools to succeed for a long period is enough for most people to liken him to Milford.

He is more involved than Milford, but his range of involvements are also more volatile - he has more good plays, but he has more very bad plays too.

If he can replicate his Sharks form then he's a completely different player - and I hope he does, regardless of who he plays for... but the Sharks are a Storm-esque team, who have strong structures and systems which allow players to do a simple job well.... We are far from being that sort of team, and throwing SJ the reins to 'save' the Broncos is more likely to result in more of the hero-ball / hail mary type stuff we saw him stick to for so long in NZ.

Again I don’t completely disagree but I think you are being a harsh judge. I don’t think we need a hero halfback though. I think we just need someone who can slot in and perform simple jobs. From what I’ve seen Kev is really aiming to implement simple well structured plays but doesn’t have a team with the IQ. The challenge with SJ is if he can reign it in and just do his job; which he has all the skills to do but whether the ego will allow for it is the question.

Fox Sports reporting that Connor Tracey has extended his deal at the Sharkies..... would that mean SJ is likely to be coming here? Or have the Sharks missed out on Reynolds? Maybe they're just impressed with Tracey on the wing?
I think he's more a fullback than anything, but really he's just depth.

He's had like 3 knee recos, but transitioned to fullback over preseason. Now he can also cover wing for them... so he's depth that can cover fullback, wing, 5/8 and halfback.

I don't get it, he is driving in a car.
Cryptically you could say he is traveling somewhere new, but its very vague, he could very well be driving to Cronulla lol.
Although there is one guy in the comments congratulating him on his new 4 year deal with the Broncos haha.
one guy named Robbie Farah? He's not just some guy haha!

Wow this feels like the bottom. I don't really care so much about Coates leaving but for him to go for less feels like the absolute bottom. In saying that I am sure @Smokin' Joe will came in and say some cryptic shit about it getting even worse than this to add another kick in the guts.
With the turnover of players and staff there’s no way he still hears as much as he used to, which is why he has to be cryptic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • mystico
  • Santa
  • jd87
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Griffo
  • Xzei
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • barker
  • whykickamoocow
  • Aldo
  • Fatboy
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.