Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brent Read reckons it could be only a couple of weeks before Hodgson is playing for us ... despite the fact we haven't approached him yet

“The rumours about Josh won’t go away,” Read said.

“It’s one of those that will get some traction in the next week or two. As far as I know Brisbane haven’t approached Canberra about Hodgson.

“I’m not sure if they have approached him personally.

“I think they’re close to making a call on that. The issue is he is on big money next year and Brisbane will have to give him an extension. I don’t think Canberra have any appetite to chip in any money.

“They need experience in their spine and they’ve done that with Adam Reynolds. Hodgson is a leader and that club needs those guys at the moment, so it makes sense.”
We should only get him if Canberra are chipping in a fair whack of his salary.
Not interested in doing them any favours by us paying full freight for him.

We should only get him if Canberra are chipping in a fair whack of his salary.
Not interested in doing them any favours by us paying full freight for him.

I don't know how much he is reported to be on. but would be a valuable addition to our squad at the right price.

I don't care if the Raiders chip in or Hodgson takes a pay cut (if he is on big money). the Raiders may end up relenting to get him off their books so they don't have to pay big money for essentially a back up

Starting to get worried about our recruitment tbh.
Sure we landed Reynolds but he is only one piece of the puzzle.
Apparently Hodgson is a certainty to the club for 2022 and sounds like he is on 800k and the faiders don’t want to chip anything in + sounds like he will want an extension. I wouldn’t want to be signing Hodgson on anything more then 500k, 800k is a big no from me. He hasn’t showed much in the last 18months or so either..
We really, really needed to land Hynes but that didn’t happen. Also sounds like dufty will be at the faiders + capewell at the cows. Leaving us most likely with sua and Walters jnr - both are not needed and aren’t going to help our situation.
I don’t see 2022 being a whole lot better then this year, it’s worrying signs unless we can land an A grade FB (doesn’t look like there any on the market) and a decent 9 ie B.Smith (yes I know it won’t happen.)

With the Lodge deal falling through I'm now concerned that we are going to continue trying to free up cash by offloading somebody else.....like TPJ.

Starting to get worried about our recruitment tbh.
Sure we landed Reynolds but he is only one piece of the puzzle.
Apparently Hodgson is a certainty to the club for 2022 and sounds like he is on 800k and the faiders don’t want to chip anything in + sounds like he will want an extension. I wouldn’t want to be signing Hodgson on anything more then 500k, 800k is a big no from me. He hasn’t showed much in the last 18months or so either..
We really, really needed to land Hynes but that didn’t happen. Also sounds like dufty will be at the faiders + capewell at the cows. Leaving us most likely with sua and Walters jnr - both are not needed and aren’t going to help our situation.
I don’t see 2022 being a whole lot better then this year, it’s worrying signs unless we can land an A grade FB (doesn’t look like there any on the market) and a decent 9 ie B.Smith (yes I know it won’t happen.)
Why would Dufty go to the Raiders unless CNK's injury is far worse than originally thought.

With Knights not taking lodge, we loose our budget.
What does 'loose our budget' mean?

Do you mean we lose something? Or our budget becomes loose somehow? What do you mean?

Why would Dufty go to the Raiders unless CNK's injury is far worse than originally thought.

they were initially talking about a backup for CNK given he has a serious neck injury ... but the chat lately is that the would move CNK into the centers

they're were initially talking about a backup for CNK given he has a serious neck injury ... but the chat lately is that the would move CNK into the centers

This idea of moving into the centres comes from Kent, normally he is woeful at getting these scoops but he is friends with Stuart, so maybe he’s right here.

they were initially talking about a backup for CNK given he has a serious neck injury ... but the chat lately is that the would move CNK into the centers
Surely cnk would want a fullback spot, if Raiders want him in the centres we should have a chat to cnk

Surely we wouldn't of saved to much that we can't make anymore signings.
I don't understand why we think Lodge needs to go anywhere. Any team needs two strong props and we get that with Haas and Lodge. I cannot help but think there are other factors of which we are oblivious. After Haas and Lodge I think our prop standard plummets and we need two quality guys at the very minimum.

I don't understand why we think Lodge needs to go anywhere. Any team needs two strong props and we get that with Haas and Lodge. I cannot help but think there are other factors of which we are oblivious. After Haas and Lodge I think our prop standard plummets and we need two quality guys at the very minimum.
Reading my very own tea leaves I think it's:
- $600k available for a spine player
- Lodge off the books frees up another $650-$750k for more spine investment
- Lodge off the books also removes the possibility of his PO's for 23 & 24
- I'd say the $600k was originally intended for Hynes, Capewell, etc.
- I'd also say $600k or so of the cash freed up from Lodge would've been used for Hodgson

Now that Hynes is off the market I dont think we are as desperate to offload Lodge... but they may still want him off the books to free up the cash for 23 and 24.

I dont think it's personal between KW and Lodge, it's just circumstances.

Lodge is effectively off contract as of November 1 this year (due to the PO's)... so if he can find a new home then Broncos won't stand in his way

Reading my very own tea leaves I think it's:
- $600k available for a spine player
- Lodge off the books frees up another $650-$750k for more spine investment
- Lodge off the books also removes the possibility of his PO's for 23 & 24
- I'd say the $600k was originally intended for Hynes, Capewell, etc.
- I'd also say $600k or so of the cash freed up from Lodge would've been used for Hodgson

Now that Hynes is off the market I dont think we are as desperate to offload Lodge... but they may still want him off the books to free up the cash for 23 and 24.

I dont think it's personal between KW and Lodge, it's just circumstances.

Lodge is effectively off contract as of November 1 this year (due to the PO's)... so if he can find a new home then Broncos won't stand in his way
Look, I don't disagree but I don't understand the math. Next year we aren't paying anything for Milford, that's a million straight away. We also no longer are chipping in for Bird, Offa or McCullough and conservatively that has to total 900k. How can we possibly need money? Also, no Coates PLUS anyone else we've dumped. There simply must be cash available even with the purchase of Reynolds.

I am pretty sure its about Jordan Periera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Mustafur
  • Harry Sack
  • big k
  • Bish
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Matheos
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.