Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you follow that through to the Daily Telegraph source here's what it says:

"The Cowboys have not given up hope on securing Capewell but privately the club has turned its focus to securing the best off-contract talent in their own ranks."

FWIW, the Broncos are also "closely linked" to Capewell. But few of us here are penciling him in.
Pencilling him to join the Bronx?? :) :)

The article wasn't written by Badel. As I mentioned above, there are two other names on the byline. It's a composite. Even Su'a said the Broncos were talking to Gagai. It's open knowlege. Nothing new in that piece other than the interview. I tell you who's worse than Badel: the psycho who never shuts up about him, all day every day, yet hangs on his every word.
Not sure what the MO is there....but some of that really didnt make much sense towards the end! Writers block?

If you follow that through to the Daily Telegraph source here's what it says:

"The Cowboys have not given up hope on securing Capewell but privately the club has turned its focus to securing the best off-contract talent in their own ranks."

FWIW, the Broncos are also "closely linked" to Capewell. But few of us here are penciling him in.
This sounds like another one of those- hes now in the cooling off period and suddenly clubs have gone cold or looking to build from within. To try and save face from missing out on a signature. Much like Sharks and Reynolds situation.

He is in Brisbane at the moment....

Not sure what the MO is there....but some of that really didnt make much sense towards the end! Writers block?
I was referring to the eccentric gentleman you were replying to who seems to be held in a stationary orbit over Peter Badel.

Like the Angriest Dog in the World, he is so angry he cannot move. He cannot eat. He cannot sleep. He can just barely growl. Bound so tightly with tension and anger, he approaches the state of rigor mortis.

In this case, there appears to be very little "Badel," if any, in that piece. And certainly nothing for you to get "frustrated" about.

I was referring to the eccentric gentleman you were replying to who seems to be held in a stationary orbit over Peter Badel.

Like the Angriest Dog in the World, he is so angry he cannot move. He cannot eat. He cannot sleep. He can just barely growl. Bound so tightly with tension and anger, he approaches the state of rigor mortis.

In this case, there appears to be very little "Badel," if any, in that piece. And certainly nothing for you to get "frustrated" about.
Sounds like someone needs a massage!

On 360, Ikin said two interesting things in one sentence:

1. Capewell is on the radar of the Broncos (we knew that but nice to hear it from someone important)
2. Capewell is the first person Ikin said he wants to bring in

Match this with the Cows now looking to 'sign within', I am starting to think we might hear something soon.

Locky said yesterday Kev will be happy with the coming signings. Tells me we have signed a couple of blokes and they’re in the cooling off periods.
Id say Gags is 1 and it’ll be either Sua or Capewell.
Whilst I would much rather capewell, the fact sua has been out for souffs + qld, he may come a little cheaper then they were originally happy to pay for him. Reynolds would most probably also like sua to follow him.
Fingers crossed we are able to land capewell for 400-500k.

Maybe it’s a ploy to get Sua for cheaper, or bluffing Hodgson.

Though Capewell would be a great get. $450k - $500k tops.
In retrospect Ikin may have already done the deal with Capewell and saw it as a way of getting some early runs on the board. However if he doesn’t land the fish then he’ll have a lot of egg to scrape off.

This remains a very encouraging stat.. feel free to wave it in the face of every blockhead on social media & Fuzz Rothfield who claim nobody would want to come to the Broncos
FAF61CD3 AD30 4D70 9D86 5081CBFC546E

Just a question if we get gagai will he be a starting in centres.
Cause if we get kodi or S.johnson surely Lee and Staggs will be centres
unless Gagai will play on the wing ?

I'll be really happy to get
1. Gagai
2. Capewell
3. Sua
4. Hodgson
5. Kodi/ S.Johnson

Just a question if we get gagai will he be a starting in centres.
Cause if we get kodi or S.johnson surely Lee and Staggs will be centres
unless Gagai will play on the wing ?

I'll be really happy to get
1. Gagai
2. Capewell
3. Sua
4. Hodgson
5. Kodi/ S.Johnson
Thought that was your team list for a second haha

Just another thought could we be getting bought Sua and Capewell.
I thought some people suggested Capewell will be a good 13 (lock)?

Just another thought could we be getting bought Sua and Capewell.
I thought some people suggested Capewell will be a good 13 (lock)?

Yes I imagine there is a very good chance we will get both. Lodge and TPJ leaving means Carrigan can go to prop and Su'A into the second row with Capewell at lock. I like this a lot.

Yes I imagine there is a very good chance we will get both. Lodge and TPJ leaving means Carrigan can go to prop and Su'A into the second row with Capewell at lock. I like this a lot.
Yeh i personally haven't seen Capewell play lock but i like the look of ur suggested changes, Carrigan and Hass will be strong props

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Xzei
  • Morkel
  • Dee
  • The True King
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.