Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Turpin moves on (seems likely), then we will most likely be on the look out for another hooker.

We cant go into the season with only Paix and Walters as hooking options, and then Mozer being about 18 next year.

I think Berrell sounds like a decent shout. Surprised that he's only 26.

He would be such an improvement in Turpin it’s not funny. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go to Redcliffe and carve up.

Hypothetically, if all parties were keen, would you do a straight swap next season Haas for Munster?
Nah. Storm wouldn't do it, either.
Nope, Munster is a turd.

Joseph Manu though, absolutely. Or if RTS wanted to come back to league and releasing Haas gives us the money, also yes.
We missed such a trick not going hard at Manu. We should have made him priority 1 and gone large. Bloke is a freak.

We missed such a trick not going hard at Manu. We should have made him priority 1 and gone large. Bloke is a freak.
Warriors publicly announced they were targeting him a year before he went off contract, he still re-signed with the Roosters without a peep in the media about any interest elsewhere from him. Not suspicious at all given how highly rated he is, I'd take a guess he'd have had at least 8-10 clubs very keen on him.

Hard to miss a trick when he was never leaving. The Warriors offered him 1 million and he stayed at the Roosters for an undisclosed 50% of that amount.

Hard to miss a trick when he was never leaving. The Warriors offered him 1 million and he stayed at the Roosters for an undisclosed 50% of that amount.
According to a Weedler article, he's on "close to 7 figures" until the end of 2024.

Warriors publicly announced they were targeting him a year before he went off contract, he still re-signed with the Roosters without a peep in the media about any interest elsewhere from him. Not suspicious at all given how highly rated he is, I'd take a guess he'd have had at least 8-10 clubs very keen on him.

Yeah you both make good points, but it came across like we didn't even try. We should have been offering him the massive long term deal and giving him the choice of 1 or 6. Even if we don't land it, should have made a big public push for it.

Hypothetically, if all parties were keen, would you do a straight swap next season Haas for Munster?
Nope, swapping one problem for another and Munster doesn't want to be a Bronco, he would go off the rails.

Yeah you both make good points, but it came across like we didn't even try. We should have been offering him the massive long term deal and giving him the choice of 1 or 6. Even if we don't land it, should have made a big public push for it.

Totally agree with you my man, I'm sure most do but the one in hindsight we should have gone after harder, earlier was Hynes. I know he wanted to go to Sydney once the bidding started but if we went way earlier and with a 500k offer, I reckon there is a chance, albeit small, we could have got him.

If Turpin moves on (seems likely), then we will most likely be on the look out for another hooker.

We cant go into the season with only Paix and Walters as hooking options, and then Mozer being about 18 next year.

I think Berrell sounds like a decent shout. Surprised that he's only 26.

His manager is Matt Rogers that's the link to the Sharks and he loves Fitzy. I think this will be his last shot; last year was his break out year and his best ever in ISC.

Really if the Broncos wanted him they could have done something when he played ISC for 100 games or NYC for 82 games. Berrell will tell you he never got an offer from a single Queensland NRL team.

His manager is Matt Rogers that's the link to the Sharks and he loves Fitzy. I think this will be his last shot; last year was his break out year and his best ever in ISC.

Really if the Broncos wanted him they could have done something when he played ISC for 100 games or NYC for 82 games. Berrell will tell you he never got an offer from a single Queensland NRL team.

He's been good for a while but he certainly seemed like he exploded last year, kind of a bit like Cook but much different players. Both were late bloomers though. After his season last year, I was really disappointed we didn't go for him.

He's been good for a while but he certainly seemed like he exploded last year, kind of a bit like Cook but much different players. Both were late bloomers though. After his season last year, I was really disappointed we didn't go for him.

He was going to quit in 2020, he was off football completely, he went to Easts and then back to Wynnum trying to find a home- he just floated. He certainly hasn't been 'good' for a while. I would say ok ISC player at best and then last year excellent.

trouble is, we would've had to fork out about $900,000 to match the Roosters' $270,000

He was going to quit in 2020, he was off football completely, he went to Easts and then back to Wynnum trying to find a home- he just floated. He certainly hasn't been 'good' for a while. I would say ok ISC player at best and then last year excellent.

Yeah you would certainly know better about previous years than me but I was just so impressed with him last year, he was just relentless both sides of the ball.

Only 8-10? This website tells me there are a lot more clubs than that.

trouble is, we would've had to fork out about $900,000 to match the Roosters' $270,000
This is an issue we will run into when trying to recruit players. If we are to try and recruit first graders from successful clubs we will likely have to pay overs.

If we are wanting to recruit good players at value we will either need to scout first grade ready players who are stuck behind established players (I.e. taafe etc.). Or recruit good first graders from underperfoming clubs (i.e laurie etc.) Who have the capacity to improve in a better system, like other clubs have been doing to us.

IIRC there was a spell he was playing in the halves. I agree, he hasnt been anywhere near the level he was last year previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• leon.bott
  • Locky24
  • heartly87
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncos4life
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • theshed
  • Redfern_1980
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Scdeac
  • Brocko
  • davidp
  • Bucking Beads
  • bert_lifts
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.