Status
Not open for further replies.
Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
It’s funny

I read the NSW Cup roosters side today and there’s good ol Joseph Suaali biding his time. Left a probable starting position at the Rabbits for two years of Cup+Injury

Not a peep in the media, no muckraking saying he should be in grade. Just head down and working hard.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
It’s funny

I read the NSW Cup roosters side today and there’s good ol Joseph Suaali biding his time. Left a probable starting position at the Rabbits for two years of Cup+Injury

Not a peep in the media, no muckraking saying he should be in grade. Just head down and working hard.
That's just going to keep happening while Newscorp owns the Broncos I think. They'll want to cash in on it as much as possible, print as much stuff as possible.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
It’s funny

Suaalii was named as a reserve and was considered a late inclusion but considering it was his first game back after a long lay-off it came as no surprise he appeared in the NSW Cup.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
If the club turns Isaako into Milf + change, that would be amazing business.
If rumours of knights offering $150K were true, probably get him for that or less now. Just think he’s worth the gamble at that basement type price. Definitely a better option at 6 than we currently have, and arguably a better option at 1 also.

for me, I’d put him at 6 with Billy at 9 and Paix or Gamble on the bench.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
If rumours of knights offering $150K were true, probably get him for that or less now. Just think he’s worth the gamble at that basement type price. Definitely a better option at 6 than we currently have, and arguably a better option at 1 also.

for me, I’d put him at 6 with Billy at 9 and Paix or Gamble on the bench.

Totally agree with you and given we have like no fullback back up to Tesi (given Herbie doesn't seem to be a chance there in Kevvie's eyes), at least Milf provides a (poor I know) back up option there too. I'd be comfortable offering him 150-200k for sure. If you need to spend more than that, nope.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Totally agree with you and given we have like no fullback back up to Tesi (given Herbie doesn't seem to be a chance there in Kevvie's eyes), at least Milf provides a (poor I know) back up option there too. I'd be comfortable offering him 150-200k for sure. If you need to spend more than that, nope.
It's only a 7 month contract. So even 200k would be like 120k on the cap.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
It's only a 7 month contract. So even 200k would be like 120k on the cap.

True. In any case, he'll be cheap and we definitely should take him. If he fires, even offer to extend his contract for 12 months (even though Redcliffe will take him). In fact, you can say to him, look we will take you and if you play well, we will offer you a contract and at worst help you push up your price with the Dolphins.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Completely fine with Milf, just not at $1M. Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. You were only pissed because he was paid a mill.
And honestly, while he had some had games, he was still often in our top 3 players for a lot of the games. $1m was too much though. He doesn’t have that consistency and leadership that other $1m players have.

but yeah if we get him for rest of year, I’d love it. He is crowd favourite still. Everyone always gets behind a milf 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Alec
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • Lostboy
  • Bucking Beads
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • Robboi_321
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Morkel
  • lynx000
  • peter09
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncs30
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.