Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skyblues87

Skyblues87

QCup Player
Feb 9, 2017
Will be shit to lose herbie but honestly I'm a bit meh about it at the same time...

Haas, farnworth, flegler, staggs, fifita, pangai, lodge....... the list goes on and on.... they all have 2 things in common....... they aren't spine players and they were all in the team when we won a spoon.

Shows what a rort the salary cap is though. Why carry these players while they develop in the nrl only to lose them once they start to show their talent consistently?

Will we be worse off without farnworth? If we literally sign no one with the money we save from him then yep, but why would that happen? Lol... if we put it towards the spine or at least part of it goes towards it while we buy an opacic level player with solid defence and experience, then HELL NO we won't be. Same if we lose ANY PLAYER WE CURRENTLY HAVE bar Reynolds.....
So Arthars comes back next season when his Warriors loan ends and replaces Herbie?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Unless Herbie has gone all money crazy, throwing away his development since 2017 would be crazy.

He played 17 NYC games in 2017, then ISC in 2018 and 2019- 25 games and 45 NRL games since 2019- you've put six years into him and now you cut him loose.

He's developing exactly how you want players to and he's starting to be a consistent NRL player. He's the system working.

The call is made over and over again we need players to develop and not throw rookies in sight unseen- but then call for it to happen- again.
Exactly right. Imo if you have the choice between Herbie and Cobbo right now, the prudent choice is Herbie.

The club needs to make a decision wether Cobbo is definitely a spine player or not. If he isn’t then I think you keep the bird in the hand which is Herbie.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
The likelihood to cause serious injury.
I do understand, and we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one mate.

It's one of those where they're trying to get rid of the grey areas but in doing so it's gotten a bit ridiculous. A 110kg forward hitting a 70kg half legitimately late after he's kicked/passed - absolutely needs to be rubbed out of the game, it's a disgrace. Forward on forward half a second after he passes...much less of an issue IMO.

I do understand the need for black and white wherever possible. I just don't agree with it in this case. There was no danger at all to the tackled player. Anyway, I'll leave it there, we're off-topic. Rules and rules, for better or worse. Appreciate your input as always mate!

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
My first sentence answers your question.

Maybe hes not money crazy either. If true it could just be he wants to try his hand at right centre. didnt someone say the other day thats his preferred position.

I really hope its not true herbie is the exact sort of player broncos need but if we offered him a fare deal and he choose to still go im not sure what more there is for us to do. Its up to the coach and managment here to make this club a place that players find hard to leave. and unfortunatly that just has not been the case these last few years.

And im not even sure if its just winning games thats the issue starting to wonder if there's more going on outside game day that makes players want to leave first choice they get

Donald Garner

Donald Garner

NRL Player
Feb 5, 2017
If Herbie goes then good luck to him but it’s disappointing that a kid who travelled from England on school holidays just to train with the broncos now leaves. The dolphins won’t win a premiership so it will be about the money for him which is disappointing.

Id like to see the cash we would have spent on him go into the spine. Get a good hooker or fullback.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Massive blow if we loose Herbie, he's the type of player all successful teams need.
He's probably the closest thing to a finished product out of all our young players apart from Payne and based on consistency he's our best back at the club.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Herbie is probably my favourite player at the club at the moment. I'll be shattered if we lose him. He was one of the players trialed at fullback in the off season apparently and if he's performing like he is and still not getting a run I don't blame him for leaving unfortunately. He's been the best option for over a year now. He'd be safe as **** back there and we would never have to complain that he doesn't try.

1 Herbie Farnworth
6 Kotoni Staggs
7 Adam Reynolds
9 Billy Walters
14 Cory Paix

This is without having to buy anyone. I can't see why it wouldn't work or at least why it wouldn't get a go.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Herbie is probably my favourite player at the club at the moment. I'll be shattered if we lose him. He was one of the players trialed at fullback in the off season apparently and if he's performing like he is and still not getting a run I don't blame him for leaving unfortunately. He's been the best option for over a year now. He'd be safe as **** back there and we would never have to complain that he doesn't try.

1 Herbie Farnworth
6 Kotoni Staggs
7 Adam Reynolds
9 Billy Walters
14 Cory Paix

This is without having to buy anyone. I can't see why it wouldn't work or at least why it wouldn't get a go.
Who are you moving to the left? Reynolds or Staggs?

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Who are you moving to the left? Reynolds or Staggs?
Staggs is young enough to learn a new position. Reynolds has mastered it so I wouldn't move him. It should have been done in the off season, when Herbie was also trialing for the fullback spot. Walters seemed to have gotten spooked though.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Staggs is young enough to learn a new position. Reynolds has mastered it so I wouldn't move him. It should have been done in the off season, when Herbie was also trialing for the fullback spot. Walters seemed to have gotten spooked though.
So getting rid of Staggs biggest weapon, his left hand fend.

You seriously think he would be effective on the left?

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
So getting rid of Staggs biggest weapon, his left hand fend.

You seriously think he would be effective on the left?
I don't believe halves should stick to one side of the field

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

I don't think he did? Wasn't he supposed to but then he got covid or was a close contact or something so ended up missing the game? I remember being disappointed that we didn't get to see it.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I don't think he did? Wasn't he supposed to but then he got covid or was a close contact or something so ended up missing the game? I remember being disappointed that we didn't get to see it.
I meant that he trained there, not played a trial necessarily.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Maybe he didn't show enough there at training?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• thenry
  • Lurker
  • Bucking Beads
  • LittleDavey
  • Shane Tronc
  • Harry Sack
  • Robboi_321
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.