Not open for further replies.
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Set to

Bennett confirms:

“I am looking to have Brenko on board. He hasn’t had a lot of opportunities at the Broncos this season but he is getting his chance now and hopefully he finishes the season on a strong note. I am looking at him as a starting centre. I don’t want him playing Queensland Cup, Brenko at his best is a genuine NRL player, the try he set up against the Raiders last week was the perfect centre’s play."​
“I worked with Brenko during the Origin series a couple of years ago and I like what he brought to the team. He was outstanding in Game Three, we needed him to perform that night and he did - we couldn’t have won the series without him. If he comes here, he would be an asset for the Dolphins.”​

Are you allowed to say this about a player at another club currently under contract?

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Ol Petey has no inside knowledge here it’s purely a “prediction” or guesswork………..”set to“

im surprised he actually used that term again seeing he is an avid reader of the site.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Ol Petey has no inside knowledge here it’s purely a “prediction” or guesswork………..”set to“

im surprised he actually used that term again seeing he is an avid reader of the site.
I mean, I guess it doesn’t count as inside knowledge when Wayne says it publicly

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Look Jye Gray is dissapointing for sure but it seemed as if we were always just pushing that little bit hard to find him a spot in our side. Ezra has that 6 jersey under lock and key and I think it was pretty desperate of us to force this narrative that Jye Gray was a controlling half/7. Great young runner but really he is tiny and would need a miracle to be anywhere near as good as Ezra. Karl it is who whilst has more 7 qualities than Ezra and Jye seems to be a 6 as well. I guess all you need is the confidence to have a voice and work on having the best kicking game possible with Reyno, Alf and Kev. Not to mention he seems to have exceptional running game and passing abilities. I know we have Josh Lynn and Coby Black who are more traditional 7's. I can't see the club just giving up on Karl cause he is a talent so I suspect he will be developed through as a 7.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Are you allowed to say this about a player at another club currently under contract?
"News Corp can reveal the off-contract Lee is in the advanced stages of talks"​

According to my records, Brenko is not "off contract" but has another year to run. My understanding is the Broncos have given Brenko permission to talk to other clubs, Wayne says he wants him, and they're still nutting out a deal. Hence the "set to" or as Dobbo says "good as a done deal." But it's not a done deal, and it could potentially still fall over. But I doubt it will. I guess. Whatever.

TimWhatley

TimWhatley

QCup Player
Dec 1, 2019
Ezra has that 6 jersey under lock and key and I think it was pretty desperate of us to force this narrative that Jye Gray was a controlling half/7. Great young runner but really he is tiny and would need a miracle to be anywhere near as good as Ezra.
Pretty much what I was thinking too.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
So either the reports that he signed a two year deal weren't true, or the Broncos have given him permission to talk to other clubs.

The only two scenarios he would currently be allowed to negotiate with other clubs. If neither of those have happened, then I hope the NRL step in and hit Bennett hard for ignoring the rules.

F

Footy Fanatic

NRL Player
Dec 12, 2018
Look Jye Gray is dissapointing for sure but it seemed as if we were always just pushing that little bit hard to find him a spot in our side. Ezra has that 6 jersey under lock and key and I think it was pretty desperate of us to force this narrative that Jye Gray was a controlling half/7. Great young runner but really he is tiny and would need a miracle to be anywhere near as good as Ezra. Karl it is who whilst has more 7 qualities than Ezra and Jye seems to be a 6 as well. I guess all you need is the confidence to have a voice and work on having the best kicking game possible with Reyno, Alf and Kev. Not to mention he seems to have exceptional running game and passing abilities. I know we have Josh Lynn and Coby Black who are more traditional 7's. I can't see the club just giving up on Karl cause he is a talent so I suspect he will be developed through as a 7.

Is there a player comparison for Karl?

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
If this mysterious Karl fellow you all speak of is so good, then is it possible he could play fullback or centre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • Santa
  • The Strapper
  • Browny
  • Spooky1013
  • Maroon4life
  • Dash
  • The True King
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wendall Taylor
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.