Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think he wants to leave, but it depends how much less really he will take. I dont see us going over $700k, and even then i think its a little too much, but we have had a few players who said they want to stay, but then they get offered $200-300k over what we offer and they understandably take the money.
He has nearly left us in the past. Cowboys. May end up there yet....

Flegler has been pretty shit value for almost all of his time here, no way in the world is he worth 800k. He could go back to being a shit suspension magnet pretty quick. You need to be a proven performer over multiple seasons to demand big dollars.

I'd offer 600 take it or leave it.

It'd be incredibly "odd" if we didn't pay that money for him but the Cowboys did. The property market must be good up there...

His manager is touting around figures of $750-800k around. If its true or not is a different story.
Yeah no way he’s worth it. If we lose both Haas and Flegler without replacements we are suddenly in a bit of strife up front.

The risk of him going home will always be there. You can't compete with it either. Ryan is at the Pride and if the Cowboys throw him a bone the lure of playing with your brother could prove too much and if they can beat the Broncos with cash too.

I honestly dont think they could afford him either really right now. Its going to depend on how they manage their cap. They will have to upgrade player like Tualagi, Drinkwater, Robson, Neame and Nanai if they want to keep them. If they dont keep McClean then that may free up some funds.

Tas Bartlett of PSM (represents Flegler, Cobbo, Lee, Palasia, Pereira, Mead, Kevin Walters, John Cartwright):

“What happens with Payne Haas and the Broncos will have a bearing on what happens with Tom. The Broncos will sit down with Payne at the end of the year and unfortunately, the Broncos may not be able to afford Tom. He is on good money at the moment and sometimes four or five really good forwards don’t go into three under the salary cap."​
"Tom would love to stay at the Broncos, he has been with the club since he was a teenager, but there’s some big money being offered to him and we have to consider it. We will be testing his value on the open market. He is in no rush, he is contracted until the end of 2023 and whether Brisbane can match the deal he is currently on with the fantastic young roster they have coming through, it might be difficult financially.”​
“The Broncos value Tom and they would love to keep him, but with the salary cap, every club knows you can’t always keep the guys you want. We’ve had interest from four clubs. Tom is still only 23 and after four seasons in the NRL, he is coming into the prime of his career in terms of middle forwards. If he was to stay at the Broncos, they will get a lot out of him, but if he was to go to another club, he would be a great signing because he ticks all the boxes."​
"Tom is the aggressor who brings a hard edge. Other players love playing with a guy like Jared Waerea-Hargreaves ... and every club needs a tough prop like Flegler on their roster. Clubs are willing to pay him around $750,000-$800,000, that’s what the market is telling us. Tom will have to consider staying at a reduced rate to be part of something. The Broncos are building towards success with their roster and often players take less to stay if they are winning."​
"My other client, Selwyn Cobbo, took less to stay at the Broncos and there’s every chance ‘Fleg’ will want to stay with his mates and take less to chase a premiership. I will present all the options to Tom and he will make the final call.”​

Walters:

“’Fleg’ has forced his way into the starting side with his performances through the season. He has got that bit of spark about him. All our forwards want to start and there’s only so many positions you can start in, but while Tom continues to do a great job, he will remain there.”​

Ben Ikin:

“It’s a question for Payne whether we are doing enough. But I will say this — the footy program is in better shape this year than what it was last year. The squad is playing better, the roster is stronger and we are higher on the ladder this year than we were last year. It’s a daily challenge. The question I ask myself when I get up in the morning is: is this football program as good as it can be because if you make the program really strong, then players find it more difficult to leave. We don’t want to lose Payne, but whether what we are delivering meets any of our players’ expectations, that’s a question for each individual at the Broncos.”​
“Cost of living in Sydney is higher, and there are benefits to being a one-club player at the Broncos. We don’t want to see a guy like Payne Haas leave, but you also have to accept that’s the way the salary cap is designed to work.​
“The cap is there so that as our club gets better — and this is true for all the successful clubs — you have to accept the fact that some of the guys that you work hard to develop are going to have so much opportunity to potentially earn more money and have more success elsewhere. If going to Sydney is important, they might chase it and value it, but it’s individual to the player.”​

Karl Morris:

“It’s unbelievable to see the way Payne is playing. He is in a winning team, will play in the finals this season and is contributing fantastically. All Payne can do is show everyone the great talent he’s got.”​

Flegs is incredibly over paid as it is and clubs would be mad to give him $800k. That’s ridiculous.

Happy to let them both walk but as I said, we will be in some real trouble if we can’t replace them. Patty can’t do it all alone.

On another note, as far as player managers go, Tas is a class act. Says it how it is and doesn’t seem to bullshit

Flegs is incredibly over paid as it is and clubs would be mad to give him $800k. That’s ridiculous.

Happy to let them both walk but as I said, we will be in some real trouble if we can’t replace them. Patty can’t do it all alone.

On another note, as far as player managers go, Tas is a class act. Says it how it is and doesn’t seem to bullshit

Even if we lost both Haas and Flegs (worst case scenario here), Carrigan, Jensen/Palasia + Hetherington are fine, not the best in the comp but enough. Then we still have Willison, Te Kura, Robati even and Bayliss-Brow coming through as middles. We'd be able to pick up a cheap front rower or two somewhere too for depth.

Even if we lost both Haas and Flegs (worst case scenario here), Carrigan, Jensen/Palasia + Hetherington are fine, not the best in the comp but enough. Then we still have Willison, Te Kura, Robati even and Bayliss-Brow coming through as middles. We'd be able to pick up a cheap front rower or two somewhere too for depth.
If we run out with Carrian/Jensen/Palasia/Hetho as our forward pack, kiss any hope of top 4 goodbye. That's a shit pack.

Yeah, Tas seems pretty straight up and down. Does the right thing by his clients, generates enough hype to get them plenty of press, doesn't play any games or shaft the clubs. If we lose Flegs it will be because we can't afford him, not because his manager is trying to milk a few extra dollars commission. I hope we can keep him but if he ends up back at the Cowboys, it won't be a rerun of Fifita or Haas.

You clearly only watch the game when we have the ball don't you?

He might make a bone rattling tackle once a game .
But he aint David Stagg . And the last cpl of weeks the opposition has powered through the middle of the Broncos ruck .

If you wanna play 13 you need to give more than Kobe has ...

Tas Bartlett of PSM (represents Flegler, Cobbo, Lee, Palasia, Pereira, Mead, Kevin Walters, John Cartwright):

“What happens with Payne Haas and the Broncos will have a bearing on what happens with Tom. The Broncos will sit down with Payne at the end of the year and unfortunately, the Broncos may not be able to afford Tom. He is on good money at the moment and sometimes four or five really good forwards don’t go into three under the salary cap."​
"Tom would love to stay at the Broncos, he has been with the club since he was a teenager, but there’s some big money being offered to him and we have to consider it. We will be testing his value on the open market. He is in no rush, he is contracted until the end of 2023 and whether Brisbane can match the deal he is currently on with the fantastic young roster they have coming through, it might be difficult financially.”​
“The Broncos value Tom and they would love to keep him, but with the salary cap, every club knows you can’t always keep the guys you want. We’ve had interest from four clubs. Tom is still only 23 and after four seasons in the NRL, he is coming into the prime of his career in terms of middle forwards. If he was to stay at the Broncos, they will get a lot out of him, but if he was to go to another club, he would be a great signing because he ticks all the boxes."​
"Tom is the aggressor who brings a hard edge. Other players love playing with a guy like Jared Waerea-Hargreaves ... and every club needs a tough prop like Flegler on their roster. Clubs are willing to pay him around $750,000-$800,000, that’s what the market is telling us. Tom will have to consider staying at a reduced rate to be part of something. The Broncos are building towards success with their roster and often players take less to stay if they are winning."​
"My other client, Selwyn Cobbo, took less to stay at the Broncos and there’s every chance ‘Fleg’ will want to stay with his mates and take less to chase a premiership. I will present all the options to Tom and he will make the final call.”​

Walters:

“’Fleg’ has forced his way into the starting side with his performances through the season. He has got that bit of spark about him. All our forwards want to start and there’s only so many positions you can start in, but while Tom continues to do a great job, he will remain there.”​

Interesting Tas calling him Tom ?
He put out a statement saying he doesn`t want to be called Tom . He prefers Thomas .

Interesting Tas calling him Tom ?
He put out a statement saying he doesn`t want to be called Tom . He prefers Thomas .
Obviously a close relationship then lol....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • cento
  • Morkel
  • NSW stables
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Maddy
  • Harry Sack
  • Hurrijo
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • pennywisealfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Accept
  • Spoon
  • Porthoz
  • Sproj
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.