Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I’m hopeful Ikin and Kev will continue to raid Q Cup, squeeze a good season or 2 out of fringe players and then let them chase opportunities else where when they start deserving price increases

You need to leave ISC clubs to do some work too- Some of those players came to the Broncos through their ISC contracts and pre-season like Martin and Hosking. Wynnum is so strong that another three players will come along in the off-season.

Our roster is already pretty settled. I'm not seeing a lot of so-called "fringe" players who are likely to get a run. Right now the "fringe" players have surnames like Piakura, Robati, Willison, Gamble, Niu, Mozer and Mariner.
Wait until the preseason

You need to leave ISC clubs to do some work too- Some of those players came to the Broncos through their ISC contracts and pre-season like Martin and Hosking. Wynnum is so strong that another three players will come along in the off-season.

Norths are strong too, some guys there could comfortably do a Hosking / Pereira type role as depth.

Norths are strong too, some guys there could comfortably do a Hosking / Pereira type role as depth.

I don't think they have been since Smith left; see what the Elliot can do and attract but I think they've lost some momentum and development this season.

We should be going after this guy:

Yeah I’m hopeful Ikin and Kev will continue to raid Q Cup, squeeze a good season or 2 out of fringe players and then let them chase opportunities else where when they start deserving price increases

Not sure if Frei is staying at the Cowboys, but he would be a fine replacement for Hosking.

Hosking has done well, but he hasnt shown he can do it week in week out in the NRL so i still think people are jumping the gun a bit with him. At the same time, he's done what we needed him to do and thats good enough.

Everyone talks about us being such a young team but we only blooded three rookies this season. One of them is 25 and has already signed with another club, and only one is likely to get another game this year.

Everyone talks about us being such a young team but we only blooded three rookies this season. One of them is 25 and has already signed with another club, and only one is likely to get another game this year.

Since when does young only equal rookies?

What point are you making? This just confirms his whole career really, never pulled his finger out and others got hurt.
I dont know, he did probe the line and find a hole now and then.

He needed to plug a hole in the defensive line and did a good job, pretty harsh.

Not sure if Frei is staying at the Cowboys, but he would be a fine replacement for Hosking.

Hosking has done well, but he hasnt shown he can do it week in week out in the NRL so i still think people are jumping the gun a bit with him. At the same time, he's done what we needed him to do and thats good enough.
What do you think about Nixon putt? I haven't watched enough of qld cup to justify an opinion on him bit I do like his numbers and when I have seen him play I like his aggression.

What do you think about Nixon putt? I haven't watched enough of qld cup to justify an opinion on him bit I do like his numbers and when I have seen him play I like his aggression.

I like him, mentioned him a couple of years ago. He's just your typical PNG player. All effort and hits like a truck. Probably does lack a little size though but that doesnt seem to bother those guys! Not sure his form is as good as a couple of years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Maroon4life
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • westy316
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.