Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
well as I have so”subtly” tried to point out, nepotism is at play here. usually when nepotism does occur in a workplace it stems from the people running the place so I have no doubt billy Walters will be re-signed, probably on an upgraded contract. I am struggling to understand the point you are trying to make here……could you dumb it down for me?
so you're saying DD and Ikin are allowing nepotism ?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
We dont have to get an off contract hooker. We could sound out Superleague hookers, we could sound out decent hookers who arent getting gametime and we could look at Queenslane Cup. Maybe @1910 or @Big Pete could give us a bit more info about somebody like Josh Chudleigh at Townsville. Might be remembering wrong but i think he was playing some decent footy last year ( havent taken that much notice this year ) and could be a decent short term option.

Best hookers in the ISC this year.

Hope- really improved his running game has been great and Wynnum haven't missed Berrell as much as I thought. 25 years old played Under 20 for the Broncos too. Not playing finals.

Finals hookers

Craig Garvey- Tweed hooker been great for them this year and a real weapon late in each half. Been in other NRL systems and played 23 NRL games.

Liam Horne- live wire PNG hooker for Norths. Scoots first thinks second. Had a break out year.

Smoothy- Leads the comp in tackles, robust and played his most games this year in his four years in ISC.

Finau- scored two tries on the weekend and is impressive, again very quick out of dummy half and quick thinking. Tweed couldn't stop his runs.

Browne- He's an interesting one- been a major part in the Capras this year and them going from last to finals. Kicks goals. Doesn't run as much as the others but solid pass and great defender. Best hooker for creating line breaks and tries.

Ostwald- Really like his passing options. Crafty little 9.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
so you're saying DD and Ikin are allowing nepotism ?
Are you in some state of denial that Kevvie isn't his father and that fathers don't have feelings?

The kid should not have been hired. It was always an accident waiting to happen. And now even Denan Kemp is calling for him to be dropped, and questioning his ongoing selection. Yes, and Turpin before anyone pretends it has to be one or the other.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
yep the place is a mess because some inconsiderate , out of control entitled soft **** , drew a dick on an assistants car .
i mean i have never seen such a thing.
I'm hearing it was Terry Matterson's car.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Are you in some state of denial that Kevvie isn't his father and that fathers don't have feelings?

The kid should not have been hired. It was always an accident waiting to happen. And now even Denan Kemp is calling for him to be dropped, and questioning his ongoing selection. Yes, and Turpin before anyone pretends it has to be one or the other.
what ? I'm talking about DD and Ikin. i just find it hard to believe that they would allow Billy to be re signed if nepotism is at play , surely they would put a stop to it if it's hindering the team.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
what ? I'm talking about DD and Ikin. i just find it hard to believe that they would allow Billy to be re signed if nepotism is at play , surely they would put a stop to it if it's hindering the team.
KW will have little imput concerning BW's future I'd think. As you said I think.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Why do you have to use the loaded insult "nepotism," to define what is a completely normal relationship between father and son?

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Why do you have to use the loaded insult "nepotism," to define what is a completely normal relationship between father and son?
nice way to spin it !
it's what has been thrown around here from the haters , personally I don't have an issue with it so it isn't nepotism to me.

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
makes sense
I for one, want to see the back of both Kev’s assistants. They’re are out of their depth and I could be greatly wrong here but reckon players don’t get along with them. Modern day assistants like Josh Hannay who also was Kev’s assistant during his Origin gig would be very handy for some of the younger players.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I for one, want to see the back of both Kev’s assistants. They’re are out of their depth and I could be greatly wrong here but reckon players don’t get along with them. Modern day assistants like Josh Hannay who also was Kev’s assistant during his Origin gig would be very handy for some of the younger players.
yeah definitely need some new blood , Hannay is a good shout and 1910 has raved about Rohan smith but it's time to change them.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
I say if we don’t recruit an experience 9 like Matt Parcell then we should start games with Hetherington at 9. This enables us to give Hetherington more minutes during the season and allows us to keep Carrigan at 13. With both of them in the starting side we can get off to a calm, composed and sensible start where we defend and finish sets well. Then we can experiment with who will be best replacing Hetherington during the game as an impact player. Obviously Paix is the first to come to mind in terms of who would provide the most for the team in that aspect. I think Billy Walters can stay in the squad but isn’t necessary in the best 17. Of course we have Mozer coming through who we will need to play at some point. He could take that bench role of Paix’s for just a few games during the 2023 season. These are just my thoughts on it. We may need to recruit a couple of quality good value props too if Haas is leaving.

9. Hetherington
13. Carrigan

14. Paix / Walters / Mozer

And I haven’t forgotten the guy that yelled at me in caps lock last time I mentioned Hetherington playing 9 a year or so ago. You around mate?

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

Does Denan Kemp have an answer as to who we should have signed or who is going to replace not one, but both of our hookers? We have Paix, sure. But who else?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
nice way to spin it !
it's what has been thrown around here from the haters , personally I don't have an issue with it so it isn't nepotism to me.
It's not "nepotism." It's just being a normal dad who wants to see his son succeed.

While we're on this subject. Kevvie has done one thing no other coach has been able to achieve: transforming Billy from a fringe depth option to a regular starter in the NRL. More than Bellamy or Madge could manage.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Does Denan Kemp have an answer as to who we should have signed or who is going to replace not one, but both of our hookers? We have Paix, sure. But who else?
Kemp's point was a) he doesn't know why Kev constantly chops and changes the dummy half's and b) why Turpin is starting when he's been told he's not at the club next year.

Both good points I reckon

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017

Who is the defensive coach ?
His job must be untenable about now .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.