Not sure we are in a position to do that with our cap

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I can't see us getting a decent hooker unless we spend huge

the problem isn't how much cash we have to spend on a hooker.

the problem is the market, and there just isn't much quality around for the 2023 season. for the 2024 season you have Cook and Robson off contract to make a play at (if our younger hookers like Mozer, need more time in the QLD Cup)

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I think this boils down to basically 4 different points that are running parallel / perpendicular to each other:

1. We need a superstar 9, I don't know who but we should be able to pull one from our backsides somehow, it doesn't matter who but whatever the case (insert name here right now) is not good enough, who cares if there is no 9 available, just make one out of thin air because that's how I want it to be

2. Walters shouldn't be the starting 9 but he is because we have no one better, perceived or otherwise and because he is the coach's son, he is clearly ONLY there because of daddy and this is hard to argue given the weird obsession with Turpin but not Paix yet Walters never gets dropped

3. Paix is a solid option but we need someone else and so let's be realistic about who it is, can include that we should have kept Levi

4. Incoherent rambling about coach's son pushed out TMM somehow and when challenged, asked to engage in discussion, simply pull out the 'it isn't my business to make suggestions, I just complain' and then claim people don't understand said incoherent argument

It makes the discussion impossible when certain posters refuse to engage by making suggestions of who we should be chasing and instead simply claim we should just be better somehow

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I don't have a fucking answer. I have a complaint. But I know Billy fucking Walters is not the answer to any question we might have beyond the next match.

For the millionth time it's not my job to talent scout the NRL looking for players. We can surely do better than the coach's son, who no other club wants, though.
The question is in 2021 who should have been signed on the lowest level contract to play utility for the Broncos while we fix our salary cap or wait for someone worthwhile to become available?

Danny Levi is the only answer so far, but he got offered far more to play in the Super League so wasn't an option. Billy Walters was the only answer to that question. While we are fixing our cap and waiting for someone better, Billy Walters was the answer.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Move the needle ...

you mean something like doubling our win tally and giving us our first season since 2018 where we won more games than we lost?
Yep, I kind of thought the same thing when he posted that. Shot off his own foot so to speak.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
We dont have to get an off contract hooker. We could sound out Superleague hookers, we could sound out decent hookers who arent getting gametime and we could look at Queenslane Cup. Maybe @1910 or @Big Pete could give us a bit more info about somebody like Josh Chudleigh at Townsville. Might be remembering wrong but i think he was playing some decent footy last year ( havent taken that much notice this year ) and could be a decent short term option.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
We dont have to get an off contract hooker. We could sound out Superleague hookers, we could sound out decent hookers who arent getting gametime and we could look at Queenslane Cup. Maybe @1910 or @Big Pete could give us a bit more info about somebody like Josh Chudleigh at Townsville. Might be remembering wrong but i think he was playing some decent footy last year ( havent taken that much notice this year ) and could be a decent short term option.
I made a small list yesterday but don’t really like any of the options
Simpkin or Liddle
Jake Granville
Kruise Leeming from Leeds Rhinos.
Danny Levi
Andy Ackers from Salford could make a good 14.
Paul McShane from Castleford
Sam Powell from Wigan

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
One of the better dummy halves in QCup, unfortunately he can't manage to stay on the field long and he'll be 29 next year.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
One of the better dummy halves in QCup, unfortunately he can't manage to stay on the field long and he'll be 29 next year.

Thats always been a problem with Josh. He would have made a really good NRL hooker if he wasnt made of twigs.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Simpkin or Liddle
Jake Granville
Danny Levi
Sam Powell from Wigan

I said it previously, but all the best hookers really in superleague are all the wrong side of 30.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Yeah exactly. It’s honestly fairly slim pickings but if Ben Money Ball Ikin can’t snag a hooker better than Billy Walters with clubs lining up to take Haas from us I’m not sure he’s earning his salary.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I said it previously, but all the best hookers really in superleague are all the wrong side of 30.
James Roby could have done a better job for us at 36 than what we have now, but he's just extended another year. Mozer could use someone of his calibre as a mentor.

B

Bronco bob

NYC Player
Aug 9, 2012
The Monday scrum saying that supposedly someone (implied one of the players) drew a d*ick on one of the assistant coaches car today. If true, the place is falling apart and we still need to clean out the entitled and soft players.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
The Monday scrum saying that supposedly someone (implied one of the players) drew a d*ick on one of the assistant coaches car today. If true, the place is falling apart and we still need to clean out the entitled and soft players.
yep the place is a mess because some inconsiderate , out of control entitled soft **** , drew a dick on an assistants car .
i mean i have never seen such a thing.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Hopefully it was Billy. Bit of an inside job.

Tristan1990

Tristan1990

QCup Player
Sep 29, 2016
I can't see us getting a decent hooker unless we spend huge

Simpkin or Liddle
Jake Granville
Danny Levi
Sam Powell from Wigan
Chris Randall may be an option with Brailey back playing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Broncs1459
  • johnny plath
  • FACTHUNT
  • mitch222
  • Battler
  • The Boss
  • kman
  • Bish
  • Jedhead
  • Manofoneway
  • Allo
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.