Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah exactly. It’s honestly fairly slim pickings but if Ben Money Ball Ikin can’t snag a hooker better than Billy Walters with clubs lining up to take Haas from us I’m not sure he’s earning his salary.

although, you'd never give up your first string hooker for Haas.

with the exception of Melbourne who had Grant and Smith, not many teams would have too much quality in the back ups.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
He got offered more money in SL than we were willing to offer.
Then we should have brought in anyone that was available to be signed the previous year except the coach’s son. Don’t care who, someone has to have been a better option. Signing him in the first place was a major fuckup that a few of us foresaw. Now everyone’s seeing it.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Then we should have brought in anyone that was available to be signed the previous year except the coach’s son. Don’t care who, someone has to have been a better option. Signing him in the first place was a major fuckup that a few of us foresaw. Now everyone’s seeing it.

name that player

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
although, you'd never give up your first string hooker for Haas.

with the exception of Melbourne who had Grant and Smith, not many teams would have too much quality in the back ups.
Wouldn’t have to be. You could get a back up hooker and a forward for Haas and it’s potentially a good deal for both parties.

Billy isn’t a hooker. He’s a depth utility at best. Paix and another actual hooker will do for a year or two.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Turpin is someone else and he's not a better option. This isn't anyone defending Walters, we just want an actual answer because yelling "WE SHOULD HAVE SIGNED A BETTER HOOKER" doesn't make Harry Grant magically available.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
He isnt a player i have taken much notice of tbh.
He's basically just another Turpin, defensive machine with zero attack.

There is a lack of good hooker's these days😉. On a real note, there really isn't many good dummy halves running around. If Jake Granville was a couple years younger I'd take him.

Also I noticed Lawrie isnt loving life at the drag queens, I'd take him. He's a throwback of a prop

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Turpin is someone else and he's not a better option. This isn't anyone defending Walters, we just want an actual answer because yelling "WE SHOULD HAVE SIGNED A BETTER HOOKER" doesn't make Harry Grant magically available.
If you’re not about defending (Kevin?) Walters on this then I’m not sure what we’re discussing. My criticism has always been aimed at the coach on this subject. I don’t even hold anything against billy, it’s not his fault. My criticism has always been that some form of nepotism has always been at play. A month or two ago I used to get shouted down by a mob of diehards when I used the n word, now a lot more people are starting to see it, and well these rumours of unrest in the dressing room…………

walters as coach has been pretty good for most of the year, but the billy thing is my main criticism.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
If you’re not about defending (Kevin?) Walters on this then I’m not sure what we’re discussing. My criticism has always been aimed at the coach on this subject. I don’t even hold anything against billy, it’s not his fault. My criticism has always been that some form of nepotism has always been at play. A month or two ago I used to get shouted down by a mob of diehards when I used the n word, now a lot more people are starting to see it, and well these rumours of unrest in the dressing room…………

walters as coach has been pretty good for most of the year, but the billy thing is my main criticism.
Then give us all an answer about what should have happened instead

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Then give us all an answer about what should have happened instead
I have, a few times. Asking me to do it again won’t magically change my answer. Billy should never have been signed. That has always been my position. It can’t be dumbed down any further and I can’t type it out in braille.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I have, a few times. Asking me to do it again won’t magically change my answer. Billy should never have been signed. That has always been my position. It can’t be dumbed down any further and I can’t type it out in braille.
yet the people running the show are talking about re-signing him so tell me who's the one that has no idea 🤔

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
The Monday scrum saying that supposedly someone (implied one of the players) drew a d*ick on one of the assistant coaches car today. If true, the place is falling apart and we still need to clean out the entitled and soft players.

You're going to have to help me out. Was it a drick? A dwick?

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Chris Randall may be an option with Brailey back playing ?
The same Chris Randall that Newcastle were looking to replace with Turps mid-year when he came looking for a release... yeah nah think I might pass on that one.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
yet the people running the show are talking about re-signing him so tell me who's the one that has no idea 🤔
well as I have so”subtly” tried to point out, nepotism is at play here. usually when nepotism does occur in a workplace it stems from the people running the place so I have no doubt billy Walters will be re-signed, probably on an upgraded contract. I am struggling to understand the point you are trying to make here……could you dumb it down for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Seibs
  • Howie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Stix
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Broncorob
  • LittleDavey
  • Spooky1013
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.