Status
Not open for further replies.
Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Josh's mum goes to Barrett, "Is this rumour legit?"

Barrett replies: "I'm sorry Ms. Jackson, this is for reaaaaaaaaaal."

(I'll show myself out but you giggled I bet)
Youre Good Robert Deniro GIF

R

Robboi_321

BRL Player
Nov 30, 2019
Api reportedly wants out of Penrith for next season.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Not quite the situation. The deal they want to offer him is only 2 year at max and its not a big budget deal. Hes wanting 3-4 years on same money or 3 years at higher price.
Dogs probably a decent chance for Api with those contract requirements.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Wasn’t Api refusing the jab?

if he goes to dogs or titans either team massively improves. Dogs with Api is all of a sudden a very legit roster.

R

Robboi_321

BRL Player
Nov 30, 2019
Not quite the situation. The deal they want to offer him is only 2 year at max and its not a big budget deal. Hes wanting 3-4 years on same money or 3 years at higher price.
He’s not being offered a deal at all now beyond 2022 according to reports

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Api would be a good pickup, and dramatically improve the side. But our target has to be a 1 or 6, as whoever we pick there from our current roster is going the be in the bottom 4 in the NRL for their position.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
If Api is available, Donaghy and Ikin should be on the phone to him.

2x Premiership winning hooker and would provide us with what we need. We can make do with our options at 1 and 6 for 2022.

Selwyn is likely going to be our fullback in the future, he just needs a bit more time to develop in first grade. As for 6, with Reynolds at halfback and steering the side, Kelly would be a good option if he can drop a few more kg's.

B

Bronco06

BRL Player
Oct 26, 2021
Api would be a good pickup, and dramatically improve the side. But our target has to be a 1 or 6, as whoever we pick there from our current roster is going the be in the bottom 4 in the NRL for their position.
i feel like we do not need a 1 as we have cobbo and we will have to see how mam plays

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
i feel like we do not need a 1 as we have cobbo and we will have to see how mam plays
Fullback is arguably the most important position on the field, and we have no idea who ours will be, and are just hoping a kid turns into a gun. We 100% need a legitimate fullback.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Fullback is arguably the most important position on the field, and we have no idea who ours will be, and are just hoping a kid turns into a gun. We 100% need a legitimate fullback.

We need a 1 AND 9, there is no legitimate argument against that. This solves the problem with 9 (although I think Paix has something if he gets the chance). At 6, we have enough stop gaps and we have a potential gun at 1 already and a pretty servicable interim in Niu. If we stick with Turpin at 9, we are screwed no matter how much you like him.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
We need a 1 AND 9, there is no legitimate argument against that. This solves the problem with 9 (although I think Paix has something if he gets the chance). At 6, we have enough stop gaps and we have a potential gun at 1 already and a pretty servicable interim in Niu. If we stick with Turpin at 9, we are screwed no matter how much you like him.
We're really only sorted for props and second rowers.

We can happily get by at lock, but wouldn't say no to someone with more ball playing skills. James and Capewell should bring the level heads we've been lacking. Haas and Flegler should continue to mature into our long term forward leaders. Riki, Piakura, Palasia, Robati, Willison, Carrigan and Hetherington: we're okay there, but we really don't know how okay.

Spine has only improved on last year with the addition of Reynolds. It's a massive improvement, but we can't fall to shit if he gets injured. Gamble and Kelly both demand consideration at 6: one for ticker, the other for skill. But neither are quite good enough to demand their place just yet. Turpin's motor is like nothing we've ever seen, and his attitude is impeccable. He's not a slug like Macca, but he hasn't been offering much in attack. That might improve with Reynolds calling the shots. Still, he should be polishing his CV. Even if it's to get his contract renewed.

Fullback is wide open. Herbie, Tesi, Jamayne, Selwyn. You can't go wrong. Or right. Tesi has it for now. Selwyn will get a run there at some point. You can bank that.

Centres. One is settled if Kotoni can stay fit, and Kevvie doesn't waste him at 6. Like fullback, the other is rented with other names like Lee, Arthars and even Capewell up for consideration. It's Herbie's to lose from round one.

Wings: Many critics are saying we're weak on the wings. In attack with the loss of Coates, and in defence for years. We'll see some heavy rotation out there if we continue to duff chances and let in tries. Farnworth will come under pressure if he can't form combinations out there, and might find himself shifted wider. One of the fullback candidates is likely to end up out there partnering Oates initially. Good luck working out which one, but it's unlikely they'll stay there. Watch this space.

Conclusion: the entire backline is still in turmoil, with only Reynold's leadership adding some stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • BroncosAlways
  • BooKhaki
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Galah
  • Waynesaurus
  • Strop
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bish
  • mitch222
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.