Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
What and who do you believe you would have in your 17? Staggs in the centres? Flegler?
1. tesi/cobbo
2. oates
3. tesi/cobbo
4. staggs
5. farnworth
6.gamble
7. Reynolds
8. Carrigan
9. turpin
10.Haas
11. Capwell
12. riki
13. Hetherington
14. paix
15. fledger
16. robati / piakura / palasia
17. james

Turpin a livewire? hard to be a livewire when you have the turning circle of a semi trailer and the acceleration of shopping trolley

What and who do you believe you would have in your 17? Staggs in the centres? Flegler?
1. Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Brenko/Herbie
5. Herbie/Brenko
6. Gamble
7. Arey
8. Carrigan
9. Paix
10. Haas
11. Riki
12. Capewell
13. Hetho

14. Tesi
15. Flegler
16. Piakura
17. Robati

1. tesi/cobbo
2. oates
3. tesi/cobbo
4. staggs
5. farnworth
6.gamble
7. Reynolds
8. Carrigan
9. turpin
10.Haas
11. Capwell
12. riki
13. Hetherington
14. paix
15. fledger
16. robati / piakura / palasia
17. james
Agree with this side but if Tesi misses out on the fullback spot I don't think he is currently a better Centre than Herbie, a fit and firing Brenko or even Hoeter and could put arthurs in the convo too (he's done his job when there)
if Herbie remains at centre then Nene, Peiria, Issako and Mead come into the picture.

Agree with this side but if Tesi misses out on the fullback spot I don't think he is currently a better Centre than Herbie, a fit and firing Brenko or even Hoeter and could put arthurs in the convo too (he's done his job when there)
if Herbie remains at centre then Nene, Peiria, Issako and Mead come into the picture.
yeah that is true , i feel as tho tesi's defence at centre is not up to standerd .

I wouldn’t be shocked if Martin gets a run mid year. He had a lot of potential coming through and was a good runner. Could be a good partner for reynolds

If we are still running a turpin 9 and paix 14 combo to begin with next year, it could be viable for turpin to shift back to a ball playing lock when hetherington needs a breather (around the 25min mark), with paix coming on to play 9.

Turpins time at 9 and history at 7 would indicate a decent pair of hands to play that "connection" role between the forwards and backs. Even though he is smaller, he is still one of the heavier hitters in our team so our defensive line would not suffer too much (which it can when hetherington and turpin are off at the same time).

In the last game against Newcastle, when hass got injured he played this role (until he broke his jaw) and our structures looked pretty good.

If we are still running a turpin 9 and paix 14 combo to begin with next year, it could be viable for turpin to shift back to a ball playing lock when hetherington needs a breather (around the 25min mark), with paix coming on to play 9.

Turpins time at 9 and history at 7 would indicate a decent pair of hands to play that "connection" role between the forwards and backs. Even though he is smaller, he is still one of the heavier hitters in our team so our defensive line would not suffer too much (which it can when hetherington and turpin are off at the same time).

In the last game against Newcastle, when hass got injured he played this role (until he broke his jaw) and our structures looked pretty good.
Totally agree with this
I think some of Turpins best footy he has played has been when he was playing in the halves or in that sort of ball playing role.
Would you then move Hetherington into the middle rotation and maybe carry a Piakura on the bench?
Or carry a guy like Robati who can play middle or edge and keep Kobe as a Turpin replacement?

Turpin would be a really good lock if he was a bit bigger. If he could put on 5-8kg he could have a fair crack at it.

1. tesi/cobbo
2. oates
3. Cobbo/Lee
4. staggs
5. farnworth
6.gamble
7. Reynolds
8. James
9. turpin
10.Haas
11. Capwell
12. riki
13. Hetherington
14. paix
15. fledger
16. Carrigan
17. robati / piakura / palasia

I think James and Haas would provide a good combo.

SEQ schoolboys poached by Sydney clubs:

Canterbury
Fahmy Jerusalem (Mabel Park SHS)
Corey Nassif (Souths Logan, Forest Lake SHS)
De la Cruz Ripley (Souths Logan, Forest Lake SHS)
Ogden George (Ipswich SHS)
Tayshon Foley (Ipswich SHS)
Oliva Smith (Ipswich SHS)
Lema Toilalo (Mabel Park SHS)

Tigers
Herman Tofaeono (Keebra Park SHS)
Dudley Dotoi (Kirwan SHS)
Junior Taungatua (Wavell SHS
Mou Taumaletila (Marsden SHS)
Kienan Tempest (Marsden SHS)
Chris Faatugu (Marsden SHS)

Roosters
Jordan Tut-Chapman (Wavell SHS)
Thomas Luhrman (Ipswich SHS)
Xavier Sofeni (Ipswich SHS)
Alex Leapai (Mabel Park SHS)
Xavier and De La Salle (St Mary’s College)

Souths
Nick Torrens (Ipswich SHS)
Leon Te Hau (Marsden SHS)
Braydon Teuila (Marsden SHS)

Manly
Rene Bagon (Ipswich SHS)

Cronulla Sharks
Jett Forbes (PBC SHS)

Penrith
Del Wigmore (Keebra Park SHS)

Parramatta
Lance Fualema

Turpin would be a really good lock if he was a bit bigger. If he could put on 5-8kg he could have a fair crack at it.
Jake is a terrific tackler, but you have to be careful taking a hooker's defensive stats at face value and assuming it might translate to another position. Payne, for example, racks up his numbers as first tackler, taking down front rowers running at him full belt. Jake is often the bloke taking their legs out after the hard work has been done. Plus there's the positional advantage being the marker. Move these guys out a little wider and they're going to get hit a lot harder.

Jake is a terrific tackler, but you have to be careful taking a hooker's defensive stats at face value and assuming it might translate to another position. Payne, for example, racks up his numbers as first tackler, taking down front rowers running at him full belt. Jake is often the bloke taking their legs out after the hard work has been done. Plus there's the positional advantage being the marker. Move these guys out a little wider and they're going to get hit a lot harder.
Cotter has done pretty well for the Cows transitioning from hooker to lock, but he is a bit bigger than Turpin.

Cotter has done pretty well for the Cows transitioning from hooker to lock, but he is a bit bigger than Turpin.
Speaking of hookers, I don't know what kind of stats Paix would rack up starting in first grade but I've seen him put on a few enormous bellringers in the ISC. Picked them up like a wheelbarrow.

Totally agree with this
I think some of Turpins best footy he has played has been when he was playing in the halves or in that sort of ball playing role.
Would you then move Hetherington into the middle rotation and maybe carry a Piakura on the bench?
Or carry a guy like Robati who can play middle or edge and keep Kobe as a Turpin replacement?
I would have robati at 17 given his greater utility. He can cover 2nd row but has demonstrated he can slot just as easily into the middle rotation when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.