Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just cant see any of our decent off contract players jumping ship. Carrigan didnt, i doubt Herbie will. I cant see anyone apart from Cobbo coming off contract in the near future who i think we would be that bothered about losing. Anyone decent they will make a play for outside of Cobbo isnt really going to happen until 2024 when we have Carrigan, Haas, Robati, Piakura, Mam and Riki off contract. I'd say thats when we will get tested.

People knocking the dolphins should pull their head in. If we as a club don’t respect them there’s a very real possibility they could pull our pants down. Rag on them all you like, but pride comes before a fall. Even at this stage I’m going to respect them as a worthy enemy. It’s not like we have any bragging rights at the current moment.

we can knock the Dolphins all we like, the fans don't have to respect them at all ... it's not like we have an impact on the results.

as long as management and the players take them seriously

What was Isaako on with us?

Surely they've at least matched that deal, it's a big call from the Dolphins here, I thought they would've been keeping their powder dry for a play at Selwyn Cobbo. They obviously need a fullback but I am a little surprised at the length of this deal.

Surely they've at least matched that deal, it's a big call from the Dolphins here, I thought they would've been keeping their powder dry for a play at Selwyn Cobbo. They obviously need a fullback but I am a little surprised at the length of this deal.

They wont be paying him what hes getting here. No chance. He's on $450k plus here.

People knocking the dolphins should pull their head in. If we as a club don’t respect them there’s a very real possibility they could pull our pants down. Rag on them all you like, but pride comes before a fall. Even at this stage I’m going to respect them as a worthy enemy. It’s not like we have any bragging rights at the current moment.
I agree with you but nobody is bagging them to any great extent. Only really point is that they have missed anyone who was genuinely worthwhile. You got your Farnworth and CHT’s off contract that will be good for the future but they are genuinely screwed in 2023. Going to have to probably look to Super league for a Half to be honest.

I agree with you but nobody is bagging them to any great extent. Only really point is that they have missed anyone who was genuinely worthwhile. You got your Farnworth and CHT’s off contract that will be good for the future but they are genuinely screwed in 2023. Going to have to probably look to Super league for a Half to be honest.
A year is a long time in unforeseen player movements in the nrl. Expect a few big names imo. The wily old goat probably already has a few up his sleeve. He is probably grinning in his sleep right now. Watch this space.

No, Isaako was off contract but he was on so much that not even a super league team would match it. It was 600k (give or take a 100k) but it was one of the contracts that was fucking us over. Same with Turps and Oates.

They wont be paying him what hes getting here. No chance. He's on $450k plus here.

I find that hard to believe, why would he agree to a 3 year deal if it's less than what he is on with us?

Surely he could get a 1 year deal somewhere with a view to get an upgrade, it doesn't make sense as to why he would agree to a deal worth less for 3 years, he's basically at the prime age of his career.

I find that hard to believe, why would he agree to a 3 year deal if it's less than what he is on with us?

Surely he could get a 1 year deal somewhere with a view to get an upgrade, it doesn't make sense as to why he would agree to a deal worth less for 3 years, he's basically at the prime age of his career.

He isnt wanted here, we are letting him leave a early and chipping in for his contract until the end of 2024. Dont forget he got a good deal after his rookie of the year season. He's probably being realistic enough to know its a decent deal. He will probably only suffer financially for the 2025 season.

He might have been told by Kevvie that he is not in the future plans and will be playing reserves.
Who knows.
There is a certain allure to playing under Bennett and also an assurance at a spot in first grade, which he certainly does not have at the Broncos with some of the young guns we have coming through the ranks.

Its also simplified by the fact he can stay local, and doesn't have to relocate.

Good luck to him at the Dolphins but in reality Isaako is now a fringe first grader at the Broncos and taking up valuable salary cap space. I also will not miss his regular out on the full kick offs.

He isnt wanted here, we are letting him leave a early and chipping in for his contract until the end of 2024. Dont forget he got a good deal after his rookie of the year season. He's probably being realistic enough to know its a decent deal. He will probably only suffer financially for the 2025 season.

Why are we chipping in, did I miss something?

I thought he wasn't contracted with us past 2022.

A year is a long time in unforeseen player movements in the nrl. Expect a few big names imo. The wily old goat probably already has a few up his sleeve. He is probably grinning in his sleep right now. Watch this space.

I'll kick it off. Jai Arrow.

His contract is up with us in 2024 iirc.
He’s off contract. He’s moving on in 23 because there’s no deal here. In fact I think we would’ve let him go a year early (2022) if anyone was interested.

He’s off contract

I'm pretty sure he extended his deal at one point until the end of 2024. Could be wrong, though, just have it in my head he signed an extention after that 4 year deal.

I'll kick it off. Jai Arrow.
I think Lodge is a real chance.

Warriors owner basically kicked Sully up the ads on his way out and I speculate that they’ll happily send his overpaid son in law packing with him if they chip in enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• davidp
  • Old Mate
  • Aldo
  • Kev_Guz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • kman
  • Manlyman
  • MrMoore
  • Fitzy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • ozzball
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.