Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure he extended his deal at one point until the end of 2024. Could be wrong, though, just have it in my head he signed an extention after that 4 year deal.

Every list I have seen of "potential targets for the Dolphins" has had Isaako's name on it, because he is off contract in 2023.

Every list I have seen of "potential targets for the Dolphins" has had Isaako's name on it, because he is off contract in 2023.

Could well be right, i've probably got my wires crossed somewhere. I'm still fairly confident he wont be on anywhere near the kind of coin he's on here. He benefited from our generous contract negotiations of yesteryear.

I'm pretty sure he extended his deal at one point until the end of 2024. Could be wrong, though, just have it in my head he signed an extention after that 4 year deal.
Every where I’ve seen has him off contract with the 4 year deal being the last story I can find about him.

Being that he signed the 4 year deal in 2018 and he sucked by 2020, I’m not sure why he’d be offered any extensions.

Every where I’ve seen has him off contract with the 4 year deal being the last story I can find about him.

Being that he signed the 4 year deal in 2018 and he sucked by 2020, I’m not sure why he’d be offered any extensions.

Paul White was in charge of negotiations.

I think Lodge is a real chance.

Warriors owner basically kicked Sully up the ads on his way out and I speculate that they’ll happily send his overpaid son in law packing with him if they chip in enough.

Its a possibility. Redcliffe old boy, Wayne likes him and he's played some of his best footy under him, but i have a feeling he will be going back to a Sydney club if he leave NZ.

I wonder now that his future is sorted and most likely playing reserve grade with us if he will look to play 22 with another club..

With Issako, i'd say he would have to have dropped his contract demanads because there was apparently a huge difference in what the Phins were offering and what he wanted. Talking to a couple of people earlier, i'd be surprised if he is on any more than $250k a year there.

With Issako, i'd say he would have to have dropped his contract demanads because there was apparently a huge difference in what the Phins were offering and what he wanted. Talking to a couple of people earlier, i'd be surprised if he is on any more than $250k a year there.
Sounds like an accurate amount for what he’s worth.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they upped their offer just to land a player.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they upped their offer just to land a player.

I doubt they would for somebody like Issako. They have plenty of irons in the fire. Just because they missed out on a couple of real top tier players doesnt mean they will struggle to get players in.

Its a possibility. Redcliffe old boy, Wayne likes him and he's played some of his best footy under him, but i have a feeling he will be going back to a Sydney club if he leave NZ.
Reckon Oatesy is a strong chance?

I’ve got a soft spot for him and I’m pretty sure he’s now our longest serving player which is crazy. Happy for him to stay or go really. Probably needs a pay cut though.

I doubt they would for somebody like Issako. They have plenty of irons in the fire. Just because they missed out on a couple of real top tier players doesnt mean they will struggle to get players in.
It’s the public perception atm.

Reckon Oatesy is a strong chance?

I’ve got a soft spot for him and I’m pretty sure he’s now our longest serving player which is crazy. Happy for him to stay or go really. Probably needs a pay cut though.

I think he is, but i reckon he's going to back himself to earn a new deal. Its a tough one for him because he cant afford to wait too long in case the Dolphins move on from him.

I agree, he wont stay here on the money he is on. We wont enter into talks at his current rate unless he absolutely kills it.

It’s the public perception atm.

Do you really think Wayne will be bothered about public perception? He never has and he has been coaching since the late 70's. He or the Dolphins arent going to be bothered if people think that way because they know what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • mitch222
  • Culhwch
  • Broncorob
  • leon.bott
  • broncoscope
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Skathen
  • BRC088
  • porouian
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • MrRobot
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • whykickamoocow
  • broncomax
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.