Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamble has surely earned first crack at 6. He actually showed a lot of creativity at times, was very good at putting people through holes.

I love his aggression, if he was playing against I would definitely be hoping someone would put one on his chin.. but he's not, he's on our side.

I can't be the only fan that thought "wow, finally a guy who gives a shit", when he use to get in the face of the opposition.

I hate to say it but you need blokes like gamble (and tevita before him) to push the boundaries.
Weve always had them but the key to their success has been learning when to rein it in (and for them it is a lesson learned).
Its up to walters and gamble to find a way to best channel that kind of aggression.
Hopefully he matures the way hodges did and doesnt end up going the way of alan cann or more recently tevita.
Tallis, andrew gee, and dowling were other i think of but they had the luxery of playing when the rules were a lot more loose.
Gamble cant afford to continue that loose dicipline and really this year he needs to show restraint or risk throwing away the chance he has earned himself. It would be such a shame because we definitely need his personality on the field.

I love his aggression, if he was playing against I would definitely be hoping someone would put one on his chin.. but he's not, he's on our side.

I can't be the only fan that thought "wow, finally a guy who gives a shit", when he use to get in the face of the opposition.

You certainly aren't the only one.

must mean turpin is on the outer i guess.
unless he has a killer season.
I think to protect stocks. No doubt either Paix or Turps will join dolphins.

I hate to say it but you need blokes like gamble (and tevita before him) to push the boundaries.
Weve always had them but the key to their success has been learning when to rein it in (and for them it is a lesson learned).
Its up to walters and gamble to find a way to best channel that kind of aggression.
Hopefully he matures the way hodges did and doesnt end up going the way of alan cann or more recently tevita.
Tallis, andrew gee, and dowling were other i think of but they had the luxery of playing when the rules were a lot more loose.
Gamble cant afford to continue that loose dicipline and really this year he needs to show restraint or risk throwing away the chance he has earned himself. It would be such a shame because we definitely need his personality on the field.
If he can reign in the penalties he'll be an above average 5/8. He plays more like a 7 though and I could see him transitioning to that role once Arey retires.

It really depends on what shape Kelly comes back in. I know he lost a lot of weight last year, but still think he needs to lose another 5kg to be back to his ideal NRL weight.

If he comes back and he's still a bit chunky, I'd probably lean towards just having Gamble in there with Reynolds to start with, until such time as a Ezra Mam or possibly even Te Maire Martin puts their hand up with QCUP form.
Yeah Kelly didn't exactly have a proper preseason, came back from England was in hotel quarantine and packed on the kgs came back and got sent to souths to loose some weight if I recall correctly. Also had some injury problems throughout the year like his hammy.
Based on 2021 form Gamble gets the nod
Kelly would play a more similar role to Walker and could be alot more damaging.

If we had a decent 80 minute hooker you could start with Gamble and bring Kelly on off the bench and play him as a second fullback/ball playing lock in attack similar to what Tyrone peachey was doing.

Yeah Kelly didn't exactly have a proper preseason, came back from England was in hotel quarantine and packed on the kgs came back and got sent to souths to loose some weight if I recall correctly. Also had some injury problems throughout the year like his hammy.
Based on 2021 form Gamble gets the nod
Kelly would play a more similar role to Walker and could be alot more damaging.

If we had a decent 80 minute hooker you could start with Gamble and bring Kelly on off the bench and play him as a second fullback/ball playing lock in attack similar to what Tyrone peachey was doing.
yeah i think he would be a great ball playing lock / bench utility

Apparently Harrison Graham has signed with the Dolphins.

I swear we signed him recently..

October 1 - 1910 said we signed Harrison Graham
October 23 - Peter Psaltis said we signed Harrison Graham
November 8 - Michael Chammas says he's signed for the Dolphins

Apparently Harrison Graham has signed with the Dolphins.

I swear we signed him recently..

October 1 - 1910 said we signed Harrison Graham
October 23 - Peter Psaltis said we signed Harrison Graham
November 8 - Michael Chammas says he's signed for the Dolphins

Maybe we signed him for 2022 only

According to that Chammas article, he’s only on a train and trial with us at the moment so if we sign him, it’ll only be for the year which would be pretty pointless, you would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Sproj
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.