Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we run out with Carrian/Jensen/Palasia/Hetho as our forward pack, kiss any hope of top 4 goodbye. That's a shit pack.

We won't be running out with that, I was just giving a worst case scenario.

We won't be running out with that, I was just giving a worst case scenario.
Whatever happens we still have Thomas for another season, and probably Payne as well.

All the more reason to secure our premiership hooker now and make our tilt at the trophy next year.

I like that from Ikin, shows we aren't being pushed around anymore.
Yes I love this too.......
If you value things higher than friendship, a quality footy program, playing for a potential premiership contender, and being looked after post career (like earning as many $$$ as possible right now) then you are quite welcome to leave :)

Lee Briers joins coaching staff next season from Wigan Warriors.

remember him as a player but coaching i have no idea , seems a bit left field

remember him as a player but coaching i have no idea , seems a bit left field

didn't really recognise the name, so googled him.

Interesting signing as he's never played (or coached in Australia, as best i can tell) ... but he does have an impressive playing record in the English comp.

didn't really recognise the name, so googled him.

Interesting signing as he's never played (or coached in Australia, as best i can tell) ... but he does have an impressive playing record in the English comp.
Yeah as a hooker with a pretty impressive career. Positive if he is going to coach our hookers.

Yeah as a hooker with a pretty impressive career. Positive if he is going to coach our hookers.
Isn't Billy being coached by his father, Uncle Steve and Uncle Kerrod?

James Phelps (CM) says the Broncos are talking to Kobe Hetherington about a two year extension. Numbers being thrown around would be a rise of ~200K a year, bringing him somewhere around his market value upwards of 300k. He says there's serious interest from some Sydney club. And why wouldn't there be?

His diehard Bulldog Dad, Jason:

“He is going well and he will only get better. He is still growing, believe it or not, so he will get bigger too. I am really happy with his progression and the way he is handling it all. He was given an opportunity at the Broncos and he grabbed it. I am happy for him regardless of what club he is playing for. At the end of the day, the decision as to where he plays will be up to him.”​

Hate agents that cut corners. Maybe Flegs should give Tyran Smith a ring.
Absolutely he should !
9A1716A9 33EE 4347 AB36 B033AE88DFFA

Ex Bronco Corey Parker is sniffing around hat in hand again, on the prowl for whatever coaching scraps the Titans can throw his way:

“Would I help them out? Yes. What that looks like would have to be up to them. They’ve got some great players, they really do, and a lot of upside. I’ve worked with David Fifita and those sorts of guys already. But they’ve got a soft underbelly about what they do. If there was an opportunity for me to help them out, I would certainly explore that. I had a role at Brisbane for a period of time but coaching is an itch that you always have. It goes away then comes back. If there was an opportunity to explore that at the Titans I would consider it.”​

“I’ve seen it first hand at Brisbane with the millennial player. If you’ve been there and done that, it matters. Whether you’ve won a comp, played State of Origin or for your country … it carries a lot of weight. It shouldn’t because you should respect your coach if you’re a player. But with the modern day player it just doesn’t happen like that. I’ve seen players that don’t react to assistant coaches who don’t have the experience or runs on the board. They don’t resonate with the players. In the same breath, just because you’ve done a lot in the game doesn’t make you a good coach."​
“From a personal level, I believe I could bring some value. Footy games are generally won and lost between Monday and Friday. That’s what I believe.”​
“The Broncos are in my DNA but that doesn’t mean I can’t do what I believe in with other people. It is what it is. The door may or may not have shut at Brisbane, I don’t know. At the moment I don’t see them changing anything they’ve got going on, which is fine. I genuinely feel if I was able to have an opportunity with the Titans, based on where they’re at, I can be of some value."​
“My strength is to stay in my own lane – that’s with the forwards. The head coach would have to be accepting and wanting of that. I really like Justin Holbrook from my dealings with him. I don’t know what makes him tick and the finer details, but from the conversations I’ve had with him, I like his intel and thought process on the game. Queensland now has four NRL teams and it’s a good thing for rugby league when Queensland teams are going well."​
“I feel the qualities I have would work to benefit what I’ve seen from the Titans.”​

Isnt Ballin the current Development Coach?
is he leaving or is Briers an addition to the staff

I believe Briers is quite close with both Alfie and Kevvie as he was the Ezra Mam to both Kevvie and Alfie's Adam Reynolds at Warrington.

Why would an Englishman/Welshman who has never played in the nrl replace the development coach?
He's coming as an assistant coach. I'm guessing as an extra or one of matterson/Cartwright told Walters from the start they only wanted to do a year or 2.

Not sure whether this signing is good or bad but supposedly been in the pipeline last year too. Listened to a podcast where he said an nrl club, the biggest, tried to sign him but it didn't come through. He sounds impressive with a strong emphasis on culture and I really liked him as a player, and he seems to have a golden touch in england but he does not know the nrl. It's a different beast. Ruck is different, weekly grind is different, intensity, line speed, wrestle.

My guess is Alfie and Walters know him from their playing days too. Think they both spent time in Warrington when he was there..

I was wrong! He will be. That's a definite wtf move. Don't understand it at all now. Unless the role of a development coach is getting redefine I don't see how this will work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • Broncorob
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Ejbroncos
  • Bish
  • Tim K
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.