Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Why? He was going really well pre-injury last year and in Q Cup in the last couple of rounds, he looked like he was getting back there. He is also an articulate young man and wouldn't be expensive.
I have nothing against him but I haven't seen anything out of him yet that suggests he's going to blow them away from the bench. And presuming he wouldn't be expensive betrays the paradox in your reasoning.

I have nothing against him but I haven't seen anything out of him yet that suggests he's going to blow them away from the bench. And presuming he wouldn't be expensive betrays the paradox in your reasoning.

I can see why you would say that to be honest but I’m coming at it from the point of view that his injuries last year will impact on his value.

Had he not got injured, I think he would have well and truly established himself, maybe even usurped Billy / Turps at 9 but the injury held him back. I’m hoping like you said earlier he has had a big preseason and the club is seeing what he offers long term.

The point is, he isn’t established and I seem to see something in him many others understandably don’t so I probably value him / talk him up a bit more than I should.

I can see why you would say that to be honest but I’m coming at it from the point of view that his injuries last year will impact on his value.

Had he not got injured, I think he would have well and truly established himself, maybe even usurped Billy / Turps at 9 but the injury held him back. I’m hoping like you said earlier he has had a big preseason and the club is seeing what he offers long term.

The point is, he isn’t established and I seem to see something in him many others understandably don’t so I probably value him / talk him up a bit more than I should.
I recall you talking him up at the beginning of last season, but his form - in between injuries - was adequate, I guess. Probably the best of the three, but there wasn't a lot to get excited about in that position.

I'm hoping Madden is getting a shot at 14.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.