Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Righto, I have been reading the past couple of pages of this thread and we need to knock this one on the head right now.

His name is Jesse Arthars, not "Arthurs" or "Arthur's" (how the **** do you even throw a random apostrophe in there to begin with?).

Me either, but at the same time, we can't keep everyone.

True ... but we're hardly keeping them all.

We lost Herbie already do it's likely one of Mariner or Arthars fills that spot (possibly on the wing with Cobbo moving to centre) ... the other will be first drop should injury, suspension, Origin selection or poor form strike.

You do need some depth

Righto, I have been reading the past couple of pages of this thread and we need to knock this one on the head right now.

His name is Jesse Arthars, not "Arthurs" or "Arthur's" (how the **** do you even throw a random apostrophe in there to begin with?).

Build a bridge, any will do.

Aid85368 v4 728px Build a Model Bridge out of Skewers Step 1 Version 4

We lost Herbie already do it's likely one of Mariner or Arthars fills that spot (possibly on the wing with Cobbo moving to centre) ... the other will be first drop should injury, suspension, Origin selection or poor form strike.

You do need some depth
No one is saying we don’t need depth, the query is that Arthars is too good to be depth. For him to commit long term suggest that he thinks he will be playing NRL imo.

Why? Both Niu and Isaako have both actually been really good there.

Plus Oatesy should be a one club player and seems weirdly underrated on here.
Oates was probably our best player last season, Reynolds even said this after he broke his jaw in the cowboys game.
He should of played all 3 origins and probably should of got the Paul Morgan medal last year, he should be a one club player.
As long as he's fit and playing like he has been playing that 2 jersey is his.
I'd have Arthars taking that vacant spot next season ATM

Gotta love a bloke who is happy to be essentially an NBA 6th man. I actually think Arthars will be our right winger next year with Cobbo moving to left centre. You’ve then got Mariner stepping up to Arthars role next year. Both will get plenty of opportunities next year with Cobbo back up fullback and during Origin time.

You do need some depth
Hope I'm wrong, but at the ages a lot of our players are in positions he can fill, he might see his pathway blocked. He's already asked for a release once. Not sure either he or Oates will be happy as backup players

No one is saying we don’t need depth, the query is that Arthars is too good to be depth. For him to commit long term suggest that he thinks he will be playing NRL imo.
is he though , or is he just good enough to do his job in a team of really good players. same csn be said about walters , jenson and palasia(to a degree)
i just think they've locked him up because he's solid and versatile , and you need those players to win a premiership

Or he is simply backing himself to take the vacant backline position next year. I doubt he's been promised anything more than a shot to take the position vacated by herbie.

The same would go for Mariner, if Dobbo is right and we re-sign him.

It could also be that he is happy here and knows that he is first drop into that backline. Might see the benefit in being first drop into the backline of a good club that he loves then going to first choice at a shit club.

This is what good culture looks like and the kind of thing we look at the Storm, Roosters, Panthers and say "how do they have him happy to not be first choice". I'm happy to see it.

I think Mariner will start his NRL career as a mainstay next year. He's the obvious replacement for herbie. I think there's a case for Arthur's to play on a wing for an extended period considering Oates will be back around origin and cobbo will be out. Smart to sign him on a 3 year extension. He can cover anywhere really including FB. He is kind of a nick meaney type player. Just solid as f.

I just cant see cobbo at centre any time soon. His footy needs more development.
I just cant see cobbo at centre any time soon. His footy needs more development.
He already played left centre 2 seasons ago . Staggs did his knee Cobbo filled in ..

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Allo
  • Skathen
  • Tim K
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  • RolledOates
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Financeguy
  • Browny
  • Johnny92
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • Broncos Maestro
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Waynesaurus
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.