Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Badel has Rugby Australia chasing Payne. The lure is that he can “see the world”.
Fair dinkum, reading that article makes my blood boil. Parker is quoted virtually encouraging him to go.
Parker is the new Tallis..
Very rarely do you see ex-players that have won a comp with a club want to ride their downward spiral as much as Tallis (previously) and now Parker.
I don’t see JT, Smith, Cronk etc come out and bag their previous clubs.
Parker is now at laughable stage.

Badel has Rugby Australia chasing Payne. The lure is that he can “see the world”.
Fair dinkum, reading that article makes my blood boil. Parker is quoted virtually encouraging him to go.

Parker saying he has no doubt Payne will be a success in Union, then follows it up by saying he doesnt know where he would play as he doesnt know Union well enough 😆

And the question I have is how does Thorn make Kevvie successful and what string does he add to the bow that we don't currently have. (Besides simply being a Broncos great)

I'm genuinely curious because I don't watch Yawnion ... but I do know Thorn is on the verge of the axe for poor performance.
Yes, I suspect that question has been asked of all and sundry joining Kevin’s coaching team.
Perhaps you can’t recall Brad playing for us. He was an outstanding fierce competitor that showed great physical and mental toughness. Worth a shot of injecting a bit into our current setup.

There's nothing in it. Of course they'll be kicking his tyres to see if he could fit and talking up their code given the platform. No one's offered Payne any money.

When you're in love with a beautiful woman, etc...

Parker is the new Tallis..
Very rarely do you see ex-players that have won a comp with a club want to ride their downward spiral as much as Tallis (previously) and now Parker.
I don’t see JT, Smith, Cronk etc come out and bag their previous clubs.
Parker is now at laughable stage.
Maybe he's given up trying to get a job as coach, and is angling at the player management racket.

If they offer him 1.5m-2m+ per year he should go. And I imagine that's what he will need to be offered, as he will likely get 1.2m his next NRL deal.

We won't be leaning on Thorn for tactics or clever plays. He'll be drumming in to all of the players (especially the forwards) how to stay mentally strong and keep to the game plan. No dropping of heads when things don't go your way. No panicked passes or trying to score off every set, or trying to be a hero when the team just needs to keep to the basics. And absolutely no giving up, ever.

He is funny too- I got told reliably that a few Reds with ink asked Thorn why he doesn't have premiership ink- because my whole body would be covered mate.

Thorn is very very good at team and making good people.

He is funny too- I got told reliably that a few Reds with ink asked Thorn why he doesn't have premiership ink- because my whole body would be covered mate.

Thorn is very very good at team and making good people.
He's also one of the best forwards of all time across two codes and had an astonishingly long career. He knows how to prepare, keep yourself at the top of your game and how to instill a lot of mental toughness.
And the question I have is how does Thorn make Kevvie successful and what string does he add to the bow that we don't currently have. (Besides simply being a Broncos great)

I'm genuinely curious because I don't watch Yawnion ... but I do know Thorn is on the verge of the axe for poor performance.
Thorn's been the coach of the Reds for coming on 6 years, 3 years ago they were runners up and 2 years ago they won the silverware.

Rugby Australia nearly went under and are still in dire straits financially and a lot of talent has gone elsewhere, NRL, Overseas, etc. It's in a pretty sad state.

I'm starting a whisper that Walker is unhappy at the Roosters.

It’s already been started

The Walker bros v Cronk apparently
Logan Paul Sport GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Yes, I suspect that question has been asked of all and sundry joining Kevin’s coaching team.
Perhaps you can’t recall Brad playing for us. He was an outstanding fierce competitor that showed great physical and mental toughness. Worth a shot of injecting a bit into our current setup.
How long until Karmichael Hunt joins the coaching staff? No team he's coached has ever lost a game.

So if Wighton goes to Souths to play left centre.. That means Tass could be on the outer.. Would anyone be keen on him coming back to Broncos to fill the left centre void?

Active Now

• Allo
  • Yellowfella
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.