Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Out of the Qld teams Titans seem the worst option to me.

They've got a thousand halves coming through the juniors and already have Foran there as a senior half to get them around the field, so Benny turning up starts to become a road block for the juniors coming through. They're not really a premiership threat, so it's more of a rebuild that he's walking into again.

Dolphins to me seem the most logical. They need a marquee, he's a huge upgrade on SOS/Milf/Kodi, he can take control whilst Katoa develops, he absolutely fits the culture that Bennett is building and he probably makes them a Top 6 team (possibly a boarder line top 4).

Nth Qld are a bit lower, but the Chad is pretty crap so Bhunt is a massive improvement, Dearden can then develop until he becomes the man. I think he also has a few mates up in the club in Granville and Michael Morgan (retired, but would be around the club). He's also a North Queenslander, so moving back up there probably brings him closer to family. They're not playing like a premiership threat at the moment, but a spine of Drinkwater, Dearden, Bhunt and Robson looks pretty fucking potent and pretty well balanced.

Broncos would just be the fairy tale ending, but at the moment he doesn't really fit what we're needing... We can't have a big money guy potentially playing 40mins or so a game as hooker. He would absolutely kill it for us, but our cap would be thrown so out of whack, and I just don't think he wants to tackle himself into oblivion to round out his career.

Out of the Qld teams Titans seem the worst option to me.

They've got a thousand halves coming through the juniors and already have Foran there as a senior half to get them around the field, so Benny turning up starts to become a road block for the juniors coming through. They're not really a premiership threat, so it's more of a rebuild that he's walking into again.

Dolphins to me seem the most logical. They need a marquee, he's a huge upgrade on SOS/Milf/Kodi, he can take control whilst Katoa develops, he absolutely fits the culture that Bennett is building and he probably makes them a Top 6 team (possibly a boarder line top 4).

Nth Qld are a bit lower, but the Chad is pretty crap so Bhunt is a massive improvement, Dearden can then develop until he becomes the man. I think he also has a few mates up in the club in Granville and Michael Morgan (retired, but would be around the club). He's also a North Queenslander, so moving back up there probably brings him closer to family. They're not playing like a premiership threat at the moment, but a spine of Drinkwater, Dearden, Bhunt and Robson looks pretty fucking potent and pretty well balanced.

Broncos would just be the fairy tale ending, but at the moment he doesn't really fit what we're needing... We can't have a big money guy potentially playing 40mins or so a game as hooker. He would absolutely kill it for us, but our cap would be thrown so out of whack, and I just don't think he wants to tackle himself into oblivion to round out his career.
Dolphins aren’t going to sign a 33 year old halfback when it would cost them SOS who I think was excellent to start the season, so excellent that having a half performing like that at 24 you would be insane to go with Hunt. Don’t think it’s the right place for the dolphins to be investing. A 33 year old halfback isn’t the marquee they are after, hold off for a bit longer if I’m them.

Cowboys. Who the **** wants to retire in Townsville, shithole place and they just aren’t a premiership threat. Neat forward pack but I just can’t see them getting close to last years form. Also won’t have heaps of money and they are probably 18 months away from Tom Duffy one of the best young halves in the country being ready for NRL footy. Not spending that sort of money on a 33 year old to cost you your future.

Broncos. Doesn’t suit him or us really as much as I think both parties would love it.

Titans have a pretty good side. With him at 7 they are a top 8 side. He gets to move closer to family, likely get paid a lot and have a great lifestyle. Can’t see how that’s his worst option. I don’t think he gives the slightest ***** how many halves are there. He is the best of the lot. I don’t think Titans give a **** how many halves they have. Weaver is still a bit off and will take Forans spot at 6 at retirement and as much as I think Sexton will be the best of the lot of the current lot there he just needs a change of scenery. Boyd sucks, Brimmo will be fullback and JC will play Wing, 3/4 or 14. Yeah they will have to move a few of the halves along (had to happen anyway) but they have the most to gain from Hunt and between them and the chooks he has the most to gain from the Titans.

Wayne is full of shit:

But like @BroncosFever said, it really only makes sense to cover injuries (like in this case, and he's signed for the next 2 years already).

I really hope Hunt doesn't come to the Broncos and stuff up everything good we've built.

Since Ben Hunt signed his extension with the Dragons the following has happened:
- Dragons Chairman writes letter in support of a pedo.
- Club leaders do not show to his 300 game dinner.
- Club loses it's sponsor of 40 years.
- Coach sacked.

They became a lot more toxic since September 22.

Payne received a fair bit of 'fair enough, go get your bag, son' from the majority of the NRL community. His hate was all from the Broncos.

Hunt is getting piled on by most of the NRL community, simpleton journalists inclusive. The Dragons are the basket case here.
This guy is on the hunt for facts about Hunt.

So if some club is stupid enough to pick up Lodge, and of course as we know the Roosters never have to pay players elsewhere but anyway, how many clubs would be paying him this time?

So if some club is stupid enough to pick up Lodge, and of course as we know the Roosters never have to pay players elsewhere but anyway, how many clubs would be paying him this time?
Pretty sure his payout from us is finished and the Warriors paid him in 1 lump sum from memory so i'm sure they are not a factor anymore

Mail says Roosters will release Suaalii. Manu to centre and Hunt to halves. Dragons club are sticking point at moment and are aware of Roosters. Deal not done, they staying firm to block him from Sydney clubs as condition of release.

Teddy 5 /8 , Manu full back .

That`s Buzz Rothfield`s call . He reckons Manu is a better #1 than Teddy .

Teddy 5 /8 , Manu full back .

That`s Buzz Rothfield`s call . He reckons Manu is a better #1 than Teddy .
I agree about Manu but Teddy at 5/8 is a shocking idea. Maybe try centre but he’s on that Boyd trajectory accept he works a lot harder

Rumour has it that Hunt asked out weeks ago when they sacked Hook. When they signed Flanno he asked if he could have time to convince Hunt to stay and the plans etc, Hunt agreed but Flanno went on record saying he had talked Hunt down from the ledge and was happy to stay etc when that hadn't happenned. Hunt isn't happy Flanno put it into the media before they had their discussions and doesn't trust/want to work with him.

Are you Ben Hunt?

I'm not either, but I would hope (expect) that the first, second, and fourth points would have most logical folk looking for the exit ASAP.

Also what his manager told Rothfield:

“Look I don’t think St George Illawarra would release him in any way to a Sydney club. If he was to talk about his family and his parents who live in Yeppoon and parents-in-law who live in Toowoomba, it might be a different story if that’s the reason he wants to leave the club."​
“Ben Hunt, he’s not angry but he’s really down and out at the moment at the cub, I’m sure he’ll be up Origin but his manager told me it was all about the management at St George Illawarra, the chief executive and the chairman and the Anthony Griffin sacking, Jason Ryles talks, no one turned up to his 300th game dinner, barbecue-gate, three players turned up to the presentation night last year. Player misbehaviour, Junior Amone on charges this year. It’s been so messy and I just think he wants a break from all that.​
“I don’t see the point in keeping him. I saw Shane Flanagan at Cronulla at the football yesterday and he’s convinced once he gets the opportunity to properly sit down with him and explain his vision and how things are going to change at the club, he’s very hopeful that he can convince him to stay but I’m not so sure. There’s only about three months of his salary to pay this year and if he is prepared to throw in a $150,000 in himself to get out, it might be attractive for the Dragons to move him on and start rebuilding, it’s not as if they don’t have other halves options.”​

Mail says Roosters will release Suaalii. Manu to centre and Hunt to halves. Dragons club are sticking point at moment and are aware of Roosters. Deal not done, they staying firm to block him from Sydney clubs as condition of release.
I hope you're not risking your good reputation on James Hooper:

His father-in-law, acting on behalf of Uncle Wayne.

No, search my posts. I gave mail long before Hooper went public.
Apologies. I tend to discount unsourced "Uncle Nick" predictions because of their consistent low quality. Just as you would be prudent to ignore any of mine.

Noted:

If we could get Hunt to finish the year with us at 9 before starting next year at the Titans and the Broncos won the premiership it would be the worlds biggest redemption arc and so many people would be able to forgive Hunt for 2015 finally. Can't see it happening though but it would be pretty amazing.

If we could get Hunt to finish the year with us at 9 before starting next year at the Titans and the Broncos won the premiership it would be the worlds biggest redemption arc and so many people would be able to forgive Hunt for 2015 finally. Can't see it happening though but it would be pretty amazing.
Tough one for Kevvie:

1. Poach Hunt for 9, just for 2023. Broncos are back. Win Premiership. Coach of the Year. Job for life.​
2. Stick with son at 9. Shot at title, but lose semi. Remind everyone how far we've come. Full credit to the boys.​
No brainer to me. Be the bloodthirsty club we used to be. Can still give Billy 10 minutes in the second half. He'll understand.

Tough one for Kevvie:

1. Poach Hunt for 9, just for 2023. Broncos are back. Win Premiership. Coach of the Year. Job for life.​
2. Stick with son at 9. Shot at title, but lose semi. Remind everyone how far we've come. Full credit to the boys.​
No brainer to me. Be the bloodthirsty club we used to be. Can still give Billy 10 minutes in the second half. He'll understand.

It's eating your insides that we sit at the top of the competition ladder after 16 rounds and our starting hooker is Billy Walters.

Active Now

• Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • MrRobot
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • broncotville
  • Spoon
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fozz
  • Skathen
  • Bish
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • GCBRONCO
... and 48 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.