Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

I'm putting a line through him in any other position unless he spends a lot of games in the Cup proving he's a centre. I wouldn't consider him at fullback again, even as depth.

He's on our books for 2023, and is a heck of a lot more dangerous ball in hand than Paix and Walters, so if the preseason can reinvent him into anything other than a turnstile, I'm all for it. Otherwise, for sure, offload him to the Warriors or Knights.

Reece should be looking over his shoulder at Herbie and Selwyn.

I agree. Reece should not be a walk up start to the 1 jersey. He has to earn it.

I don’t get where this narrative that Paix is essentially average is coming from. I think a number of posters are forgetting how good he was going off the bench before his knee injury. He was tracking very well. Then again, I guess it isn’t that surprising people have forgotten, the coach seemed to as well.

....and quite conversely (as your partner in crime below you chimes in)

You two blokes are the only guys constantly pulling your **** over Paix.

If he was even half as good as you guys make out....he would've got more game time in the NRL

(not withstanding his injury....... 🙄 )

A bit like Kodi Nikorima. I thought he was the best 14 in the game when we let him go. But he had other ideas. Now he's playing there for Souths. Another handy mid season transfer we could've snapped up but stuck with Turpin and Walters.
pretty sure kodi left because he wanted to be 7 , and I'm sure he would have very much thought he could jump in front of ilias at the rabbitohs.

That leaves his only chance of making an NRL team is to reinvent himself as a utility.

So why might he be good there?

1. He has great passing game, a blistering turn of pace and an elusive step from a standing start, more suited to the middle than at the back.
2. He can find the line.
3. He's strong and reportedly a hard trainer in the gym.

It's just a matter of him proving he can defend there. That means large slower moving opponents over and over. Something we haven't seen him do. That's up to him. Bearing in mind, he's there as an attack weapon, not a tatacklebot
I'm not off Tesi all together because he has had glimpses of elite level talent, however, he has so much to work on like defense, catching bombs, organising defense, and attacking for the team instead if himself.
Unfortunately he doesn't seem the type to acknowledge his short comings and nut it out in QCup.
If the penny doesn't drop next year then someone else can have a go

I'm putting a line through him in any other position unless he spends a lot of games in the Cup proving he's a centre. I wouldn't consider him at fullback again, even as depth.

He's on our books for 2023, and is a heck of a lot more dangerous ball in hand than Paix and Walters, so if the preseason can reinvent him into anything other than a turnstile, I'm all for it. Otherwise, for sure, offload him to the Warriors or Knights.

Being on our books doesn't mean he should be in the side. As useless as Walters and Paix are, they suit the #14 much more.

I think the only competition for Walsh is Herbie. I don't see Selwyn as a fullback, and I think next year will be a bit of a reality check for all the Selwyn love.

they won 1 from their last 16 didn't they ? And not to dis you sproj but if 1910 says he didn't warrant a recall then he didn't.
All due respect to 1910 but how about we don’t make selection judgements based on games we didn’t watch?

My point wasn’t that he deserved be recalled, I’m not sure why you are getting hung up on this point apart from your endless endeavour to never let any criticism be faced by Kev, it had nothing to do with that. I was simply addressing comments from posters such as those saying he isn’t a point of difference or he’s just another Turpin.

....and quite conversely (as your partner in crime below you chimes in)

You two blokes are the only guys constantly pulling your **** over Paix.

If he was even half as good as you guys make out....he would've got more game time in the NRL

(not withstanding his injury....... 🙄 )
What are you talking about? Every post I’ve made about Paix has a caveat about how he isn’t elite or a super star. How is that pulling my dick?

He’s played 29 NRL game at 22 year old. The guy keeping him out of the team is 28 years old and has managed a whooping 6 more games than Paix. In fact, before his dad signed him, he had only played 12 games by the time he was 27.

All I’ve ever said about Paix is that he was the best hooker at our club last season and based off your metric that game time is the best indicator of a good player than he was the second best hooker after Turpin.

All due respect to 1910 but how about we don’t make selection judgements based on games we didn’t watch?

My point wasn’t that he deserved be recalled, I’m not sure why you are getting hung up on this point apart from your endless endeavour to never let any criticism be faced by Kev, it had nothing to do with that. I was simply addressing comments from posters such as those saying he isn’t a point of difference or he’s just another Turpin.
all due respect to you but I'll take 1910's veiw over a game that you watched and he barely seen.
not hung up on anything and I've criticised Kevvie a few times unlike you who does it every chance you get, that's why I like to defend him.

all due respect to you but I'll take 1910's veiw over a game that you watched and he barely seen.
not hung up on anything and I've criticised Kevvie a few times unlike you who does it every chance you get, that's why I like to defend him.
So your opinions are based off not watching for yourself and defending a guy relentlessly because some guy on the internet criticises him?

Explains a lot

I don’t recall 1910 ever making a judgement on whether Paix deserved a call up or not. I don’t think he’s much bothered by the NRL team to be honest. What I do remember him saying is that he was fairly quiet on his return to cup.

So your opinions are based off not watching for yourself and defending a guy relentlessly because some guy on the internet criticises him?

Explains a lot

I don’t recall 1910 ever making a judgement on whether Paix deserved a call up or not. I don’t think he’s much bothered by the NRL team to be honest. What I do remember him saying is that he was fairly quiet on his return to cup.
well he did and no that's not why , and i do watch cup matches but not to the extreme of some.
anyway's this conversation isn't going anywhere so im out

What I would give to have seen herbie get a crack at FB. He moves so smooth and is just go go go. I also think he'd handle the fitness.

I think latrelle is proving thing the bigger bodied fullbacks are struggling - so Cobbo might have to accept he's a centre/wing.

well he did and no that's not why , and i do watch cup matches but not to the extreme of some.
anyway's this conversation isn't going anywhere so im out
It’s not going anywhere because you felt the need to argue against a completely reasonable opinion for no purpose other than wanting to disagree with the poster saying it

It’s not going anywhere because you felt the need to argue against a completely reasonable opinion for no purpose other than wanting to disagree with the poster saying it
you said paix was dominant in cup , i said hardly end of story move on .

you said paix was dominant in cup , i said hardly end of story move on .
I said ‘in stages’. He was great overall last year. He was good again to end the season this year.

Did you watch him play cup last year?

I said ‘in stages’. He was great overall last year. He was good again to end the season this year.

Did you watch him play cup last year?
like i said some games , and yes was good but dominate not so much.

like i said some games , and yes was good but dominate not so much.
I don’t believe you. This has been a good moment of clarity for me. It’s like when Big Del jumped the shark with Tesi Niu and his opinion on the matter stopped mattering. You’ve just shown to me that you care more about arguing than trying to be objective or entirely honest. Now I know I don’t have to bother with your views.

I don’t believe you. This has been a good moment of clarity for me. It’s like when Big Del jumped the shark with Tesi Niu and his opinion on the matter stopped mattering. You’ve just shown to me that you care more about arguing than trying to be objective or entirely honest. Now I know I don’t have to bother with your views.
i could care less , block me if you want just fucking move on .

Active Now

• Brotherdu
  • jd87
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • Fatboy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • Viti
  • Allo
  • Volvo Driver
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • westy316
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • RodF
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Brocko
  • Midean
... and 37 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.