Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

lol, Roosters out of the race for Farnworth ey? .. can’t afford a 15th international apparently 🙄

It was never true.
Are you saying that Crawley had just made up something or quoted an anonymous "source" that had just made up something, and then reported this without any further investigation/verification (like discussing it with his many internal contacts)?

Surely someone who would classify themself as a journalist would have a bit more integrity than that? They would not just report this story for clicks would they? 🤭

I'll be filthy if we lose Herbie.
We need more players like him at the club. He gives everything.
RE the salary cap, if we use that as an excuse then why are we paying Staggs ~750k? Herbie over Staggs any day of the week. A much more complete footballer.
Give him a shot at FB, Walsh hasn't proved a thing yet, not to mention he walked out on the club when the likes of Herbie stuck it out.
I can see him being at the Dolphins 2023+ and that would be a huge loss to us. He isn't a David Fifita, he is a constantly good footballer that are super hard to find these days.

I'll be filthy if we lose Herbie.
We need more players like him at the club. He gives everything.
RE the salary cap, if we use that as an excuse then why are we paying Staggs ~750k? Herbie over Staggs any day of the week. A much more complete footballer.
Give him a shot at FB, Walsh hasn't proved a thing yet, not to mention he walked out on the club when the likes of Herbie stuck it out.
I can see him being at the Dolphins 2023+ and that would be a huge loss to us. He isn't a David Fifita, he is a constantly good footballer that are super hard to find these days.
Agree, he's that quintessential low maintenance, 8 out of 10 performer you just want in your side forever..

I don't think we'll lose him but we do need to make some difficult decisions moving forward. If you had to give up a Staggs for example to keep Herbie (I'm not saying we have to either), you do it because Herbie is much more consistent player.

Roosters literally have no money left in the cap. Unless a big name leaves - they wont grab Herbie.
The rorters boys better start watching their drinks .... and be extremely worried if Uncle Nick starts beating them at the their weekly golf tournament

The rorters boys better start watching their drinks .... and be extremely worried if Uncle Nick starts beating them at the their weekly golf tournament

Well...underperforming and older players at least, so JWH better watch out, the same as Momirovski and Keary.

Penrith work it like that.
No they don’t, Herbie and Edwards have nothing in common except the complexion of their skin. Obviously we don’t have any stats to use for Herbie but I can guarantee at fullback he would not have 7 try assists and 11 linebreak assists. Just not his style. Also comparing a team with 3 blues spine members and there best player for the year at fullback to our situation is beyond stupid. The reason it doesn’t work like that is cause you can’t fix a playmaking issue by removing one of your playmakers at 6 just to move a worse playmaker than Mam to 6 to accomodate for Herbie who has never played that position professionally and won’t be rocking up to pre season for nearly 2 months. Great logic.

No they don’t, Herbie and Edwards have nothing in common except the complexion of their skin. Obviously we don’t have any stats to use for Herbie but I can guarantee at fullback he would not have 7 try assists and 11 linebreak assists. Just not his style. Also comparing a team with 3 blues spine members and there best player for the year at fullback to our situation is beyond stupid. The reason it doesn’t work like that is cause you can’t fix a playmaking issue by removing one of your playmakers at 6 just to move a worse playmaker than Mam to 6 to accomodate for Herbie who has never played that position professionally and won’t be rocking up to pre season for nearly 2 months. Great logic.

But none of that is what you claimed. Edwards isn't a play making fullback and Penrith get by just fine.

You said it can't be done.

I don't think we'll lose him but we do need to make some difficult decisions moving forward. If you had to give up a Staggs for example to keep Herbie (I'm not saying we have to either), you do it because Herbie is much more consistent player.
how is he more consistent?

But none of that is what you claimed. Edwards isn't a play making fullback and Penrith get by just fine.

You said it can't be done.
Yeah well I didn’t say that did I. My wording might not have been great for what I meant but it definitely was not that. I think you are really misunderstanding my point and maybe perhaps the point of Johnny’s post. What he insinuated was that by shifting Walsh to 6 our playmaking would improve and somehow compensate for Herbie becoming a 1 - which outside of stupid comparisons to Manu we have absolute zero knowledge of his ability there. So please for the love of god tell me how his solution of:

7. Reynolds
6. Walsh
1. Herbie

is better than

7. Reybolds
6. Mam
1. Walsh

or even

7. Reynolds
6. Mam
1. Herbie

He picked the worst option we possibly could have chucked up from these players in terms of nearly every category and thought not only would it improve playmaking which it didn’t it had the worst amount but it was somehow the ideal solution.

If anyone thinks the ideal solution is anything but Reyno, Mam and Walsh well **** me I dont know what to do anymore. If we make top 6 I reckon Reece Walsh is in the top 10 Dally M votes, I will go out on a limb and say that.

I have seen some absolutely ludacrous opinions on Herbie playing fullback just so we can keep him. He would be my 3rd option so NO THANK YOU. Like I’m seeing people try and use it as a way to lower his value but not only can the opposite happen but why the **** are we wanting a player to fail in such an important position, it would mean we as a team fail. My opinion is he is a great centre and that works for us, I can’t even see a reason why he would go to the right. Obviously he is outperforming Staggs but that doesn’t give him a preferential option especially when we all know he is 10 months away from fucking off. He has performed excellently on the left and just cause he enjoys the right more doesn’t mean he is better there, same goes for Fullback. Leave our backline as is and bring in Walsh at fullback. Obviously the narrative is that Walsh doesn’t have a mortgage on the spot within theory he might not but at the end of the day regardless of the way he or anyone else performs this off season our biggest signing after another clusterfuck season (more so the finish) is not missing the team for an experimental player who is about to **** off whilst recently being on a decently long term injury and won’t return to training until a month or two out from pre-season trials. Just not happening.

Also I’m not going to get into the Penrith part cause you know very well that we cannot compare anything that is happening there to here and expect good results to come from basing it around there style.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Maddy
  • Battler
  • blacknwhite
  • broncoscope
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • Broncorob
  • bert_lifts
  • barker
  • Bucking Beads
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Justwin
  • maddo
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.