Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Well Robinson is a better coach than Kevvie. Be intersting to see if his limitations are still around at somewhere like the Rorters.
Haha no that bit was straight forward. The what was in regards to Jake going to the roosters? I must have missed this one? Turpin?

Haha no that bit was straight forward. The what was in regards to Jake going to the roosters? I must have missed this one? Turpin?

Reported that the Roosters are interested in Turpin as a back up as a replacement for Verrills.

No other club in Australia has any interest

They dont have many quality haves, but there are some i think they take for granted a bit. Jonny Lomax has consistently been the best half in Superleague for the last 5 or 6 year, if not longer. He would kill it over here.
They said the same thing about Tompkins but he flopped majorly. The super league is like what the Toyota cup was over here, all attack no defense. Thing is it doesn't equate to our game because we are more defensively and structure in our comp. Also helps in the UK that its tunnel ball when playing the ball so quick play the balls are on hand every set.

He wouldn't be a main starter. Keep his fitness managed and limit his Qcup game time. Could be a valuable backup.

Yes hes outwardly an asshole - but hes grown up a lot. I played with and against him and his brothers. Easily manageable attitude wise but carrys a big heart for his team. He would be a cheap signing.
Him and the brothers done for abusing a junior referee?

So you want an old, injury riddled, asshole because he is cheap?

Anyone else find it 'extraordinary' that the cowboys have been able to re-sign just about everyone (except Gilbert?) they wanted too without much media fanfare or talk of upgrades despite their massive improvements? I'm guessing the house prices in Townsville are plummeting given their owners and all these 'bargain/loyal' contracts happening.
If this was our team after their season we would have lost at least half of them to million dollar contracts elsewhere... salary cap working once again aye
Yeah it’s a bit suss, but my eyebrows will only start to rise if they manage to keep their spine together in 2024 (when Robson and Drinkwater are off contract). They have Lolo on 1 mil ofc and Holmes on close to that, other players like Leilua and Townsend are getting paid quite a bit and they need to re-sign freaks like Nanai.

They said the same thing about Tompkins but he flopped majorly. The super league is like what the Toyota cup was over here, all attack no defense. Thing is it doesn't equate to our game because we are more defensively and structure in our comp. Also helps in the UK that its tunnel ball when playing the ball so quick play the balls are on hand every set.

Superleague isnt really as open as people think it is, its just more open than the NRL.

Tomkins issue was, like a lot of backs who come over here, they end up at basket case clubs. Tomkins didnt exactly flop either, he was good for them but then started picking up injuries and just didnt settle and wanted to go back to England. If some of these English players went to decent teams you would see a better success rate.

Yeah it’s a bit suss, but my eyebrows will only start to rise if they manage to keep their spine together in 2024 (when Robson and Drinkwater are off contract). They have Lolo on 1 mil ofc and Holmes on close to that, other players like Leilua and Townsend are getting paid quite a bit and they need to re-sign freaks like Nanai.
We have players on similar amounts, the only difference is ours aren’t performing at the same level.

Haas
Staggs
Reyno
Flegler

Even Piakura is on $400k a year and can barely get a run

2 year deal for dela

not that we actually needed anymore proof that McHunt has lost his mind ... but he's gone from liking the Dela signing to not in the the space of 30 mins. see below:

He's a good signing as long as its for the right money. Good pro and always does a solid job, which is what you want from backup.
Also does abit of work off the field, so would be a good guy to have in the squad to set good examples for the younger boys

He's a good signing as long as its for the right money. Good pro and always does a solid job, which is what you want from backup.
He’s a step up from the Copley and Meads of yesteryear. No disrespect to those guys but they were basically cooked by the time they came back here.

We have players on similar amounts, the only difference is ours aren’t performing at the same level.

Haas
Staggs
Reyno
Flegler

Even Piakura is on $400k a year and can barely get a run
pretty sure Piakura is only $400K in his final year

Active Now

• Galah
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • cento
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.