Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

McLean is a great buy if we move Haas on - probably overkill if Haas stays though.

I’d like to see some more experience in the forwards if Haas doesn’t go

- Crichton
- Tamou
- Su’a
- Arrow
- Collins

Something like this
I would add nathan brown to the list. In theory he would be good. We could potentially get him at a subsidised salary and he is an aggressive enforcer type with good leg speed who tries to impose his will in attack and defence, which we are lacking in our pact.

My only concern is potential attitude issue (I am not totally sure what has gone on at parra), but if that is an issue you just don't resign him or only have short-term contracts.

I would add nathan brown to the list. In theory he would be good. We could potentially get him at a subsidised salary and he is an aggressive enforcer type with good leg speed who tries to impose his will in attack and defence, which we are lacking in our pact.

My only concern is potential attitude issue (I am not totally sure what has gone on at parra), but if that is an issue you just don't resign him or only have short-term contracts.
Nathan Brown is off to Melbourne next year. I’m certain of it.

In broncos halves getting better after leaving news: Brodie Croft won man of steel
I couldn't be happier for Brodie. How the **** did our halves brains trust manage to lose Walker and then **** up the development of Milford, Dearden and Croft? The last two are squarely on Kevvie, but he can at least share some of the blame for Milford.

Again I ask the question: what does Alfie Langer do?

I couldn't be happier for Brodie. How the **** did our halves brains trust manage to lose Walker and then **** up the development of Milford, Dearden and Croft? The last two are squarely on Kevvie, but he can at least share some of the blame for Milford.

Walters, Langer, and Lockyer are 3 of the best halves to ever play the game. You’d think they’d be able to identify or develop halves

I couldn't be happier for Brodie. How the **** did our halves brains trust manage to lose Walker and then **** up the development of Milford, Dearden and Croft?

Milf fucked his own career being a fat shit who couldn’t look after himself.

Walker well yeah we fucked that up but I would argue at the time he would have ran off to the chooks regardless

Croft? Man of Steel could be won by Tyson Gamble for **** sakes. It’s not that impressive in the context of the NRL. What’s even worse is that there were 2 more deserving recipients. Mate he wouldn’t do shit at our club if he came back.

Walters, Langer, and Lockyer are 3 of the best halves to ever play the game. You’d think they’d be able to identify or develop halves
Boyd and Lockyer also top shelf fullbacks, and Boxhead, a Hall of Fame hooker. Plus Wally reckons he attends every training session.

Yet...

Milf fucked his own career being a fat shit who couldn’t look after himself.

Walker well yeah we fucked that up but I would argue at the time he would have ran off to the chooks regardless

Croft? Man of Steel could be won by Tyson Gamble for **** sakes. It’s not that impressive in the context of the NRL. What’s even worse is that there were 2 more deserving recipients. Mate he wouldn’t do shit at our club if he came back.
Disagree on Croft, and especially casting shade on the Man of Steel award. Whatever way you want to spin it all these players arrived as future stars and left as basket cases. That's appalling man management.

If I was Walker or his father back in those days, I would have gone anywhere but the Broncs too. When a good poaching club like the Roosters come knocking, yep I's take it too, especially compared to the shambles that the Broncs were at the time.

Disagree on Croft, and especially casting shade on the Man of Steel award. Whatever way you want to spin it all these players arrived as future stars and left as basket cases. That's appalling man management.
🤦‍♂️ I will continue to cast shade on the man of steel when Jai Field and Brodie Croft were the two fighting to receive the award. Jai dominates over there and rightfully deserved that but the level of defence in that comp is abysmal especially on edges and none of what they can do over there ends up transferable to here. The only value the super league has for development is a confidence booster and when you end up returning to shitty desperate clubs that confidence evaporates in the first 10 rounds and all of a sudden you wasted 12+ months of your career pretending like you somehow developed.

🤦‍♂️ I will continue to cast shade on the man of steel when Jai Field and Brodie Croft were the two fighting to receive the award. Jai dominates over there and rightfully deserved that but the level of defence in that comp is abysmal especially on edges and none of what they can do over there ends up transferable to here. The only value the super league has for development is a confidence booster and when you end up returning to shitty desperate clubs that confidence evaporates in the first 10 rounds and all of a sudden you wasted 12+ months of your career pretending like you somehow developed.
I’m not arguing but I will say that Hastings came back a better player

If I was Walker or his father back in those days, I would have gone anywhere but the Broncs too. When a good poaching club like the Roosters come knocking, yep I's take it too, especially compared to the shambles that the Broncs were at the time.
For sure, and I don't think things have improved enough at Brisbane to be any different now.

And we won a decent amount of those games. Some of his best games too.

Yes my fondest memories of Turpin .
He has lost a lot of speed and mobility since then .

Future stars ?
Croft was let go by Bellamy ? Why ?
Milford , development ? Wha ? He played in a GF 5-6 years before . I would hope he was fully developed by 6-8 years in the comp .

Dearden got shafted . I was a TD fan from when I 1st saw him play .He didn`t dominate in Q Cup so hard to predict how it has turned out .
But it took Chad and a hard preseason to make him .

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • heartly87
  • Wolfie
  • Hurrijo
  • Stix
  • LittleDavey
  • KateBroncos1812
  • lynx000
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  • broncoscope
  • whykickamoocow
  • Skathen
  • Behold
  • Strop
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Foordy
  • matthewransom34@ic
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.