Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Curious about Baker, all reports i see linking him to us describe him as giant, hulking or similar.

Looking online he's listed as about 194cm and 107kg. Are the media just using adjectives to describe him because he's a forward? Or is he genuinly a tank of a human?

What’s this crap about the dogs sniffing about Haas after TPJ mentioned something about playing together again?

What’s this crap about the dogs sniffing about Haas after TPJ mentioned something about playing together again?

There is no way they could afford him and they certainly won't be outbidding us.

There is no way they could afford him and they certainly won't be outbidding us.
Given the star power at the dogs right now - they are rapidly approaching sambrero levels if they have that kind of money in the bank.

Dogs were offloading players last year to make the salary cap. No way are they adding one of the highest paid players to the roster.

Absolute nothingburger from Brent Read. Barely even a rumour:

ScreenScreenshot 2023 05 25 at 11 32 42 Sport Con Canterbury battling to retain boom Bulldogs

The Haas to the dogs article is utter garbage journalism.
Zero quotes or facts. Purely speculation. Name me a club that wouldnt want Hass on their roster?
In fact, there is quotes from Haas saying he wants to win a premiership at the Broncos, yet they spin it to make it sound like Payne just signed a 5yr deal with the dogs. Isn’t Brent Read suppose to be a Broncos supporter?
There is more possibility TPJ ends up back at the Broncos than Payne ending up at the dogs.
I don’t think any club in the NRL will be able to offer Payne more then what Brisbane can. The only real question will be union.

Curious about Baker, all reports i see linking him to us describe him as giant, hulking or similar.

Looking online he's listed as about 194cm and 107kg. Are the media just using adjectives to describe him because he's a forward? Or is he genuinly a tank of a human?
He is a massive man and definitely a great pick up if he does sign on.

NRL journalism 101, write the obvious and then sensationalise it.
He's tried to sensationalise it, but the actually claim that he's making is so pointless.

It may as well be "Bulldogs are a rugby league team in the NRL where Haas currently plays rugby league"

It's like ChatGPT wrote a wikipedia post

Zero quotes or facts. Purely speculation. Name me a club that wouldnt want Hass on their roster?
In fact, there is quotes from Haas saying he wants to win a premiership at the Broncos, yet they spin it to make it sound like Payne just signed a 5yr deal with the dogs. Isn’t Brent Read suppose to be a Broncos supporter?
There is more possibility TPJ ends up back at the Broncos than Payne ending up at the dogs.
I don’t think any club in the NRL will be able to offer Payne more then what Brisbane can. The only real question will be union.
He's a Qld'er, but he defends the Storm to the hilt... so maybe he's just a plastic Victorian 🤔🤔

Signing Haas isn't the focus of the piece. The lede is about the Bulldog's roster being under strain. The section about Payne is in the context of TPJ saying he'd love to reunite with him. Which was brought up in the context of them teaming up in Origin.

And then he throws in that the Bulldogs are probably one of the clubs interested in signing him. Like every other club. But from the outset he's pretty much written off the fantasy due to the salary cap pressure.

There's neither anything to get upset or excited here. It's not sensational journalism. It's not a scoop. It's filler. It's not even a rumour. Just beer talk. Case in point: here we are.

Signing Haas isn't the focus of the piece. The lede is about the Bulldog's roster being under strain. The section about Payne is in the context of TPJ saying he'd love to reunite with him. Which was brought up in the context of them teaming up in Origin.

And then he throws in that the Bulldogs are probably one of the clubs interested in signing him. Like every other club. But from the outset he's pretty much written off the fantasy due to the salary cap pressure.

There's neither anything to get upset or excited here. It's not sensational journalism. It's not a scoop. It's filler. It's not even a rumour. Just beer talk. Case in point: here we are.
I reckon if they see you defending them they might hire you soon, mate. Keep it up

I keep reading people complaining that we aren’t replacing Flegler. In my opinion put simply, you dont. Far more crucial players to invest in when we have Haas, Carrigan, Hetho and Jensen still whilst Willison and Te Kura along with possibly Baker and Price will develop into very good forwards for **** all.

Just on the Riley Price rumour. Fucken brilliant if we signed him. I am a big supporter of the Baker signing but still Price would be a massive signing. I think he might be the biggest hidden gem out of all the middle forwards in the comp. Combine that with our recently impressive streak with developing middle forwards. I really, really hope we can pick him up.

I keep reading people complaining that we aren’t replacing Flegler. In my opinion put simply, you dont. Far more crucial players to invest in when we have Haas, Carrigan, Hetho and Jensen still whilst Willison and Te Kura along with possibly Baker and Price will develop into very good forwards for **** all.

Just on the Riley Price rumour. Fucken brilliant if we signed him. I am a big supporter of the Baker signing but still Price would be a massive signing. I think he might be the biggest hidden gem out of all the middle forwards in the comp. Combine that with our recently impressive streak with developing middle forwards. I really, really hope we can pick him up.
I can't see cows letting Price slip, but he sounds like a great prospect coming through.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • thenry
  • Tmac
  • Kev_Guz
  • broncos4life
  • Robboi_321
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Maroon4life
  • Behold
  • bert_lifts
  • Allo
  • Manofoneway
  • Aldo
  • LittleDavey
  • Morkel
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
... and 49 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.