Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Really curious what everyones order of priorities of keeping players would be cause there will be a lot we won't get to keep. You can include the likes of Te Kura, Black and Leota as well.

1. Reyno (won't have any issues)
2. Walsh
3. Carrigan (already dealt with)
4. Haas (Nearly there)
5. Ezra (confident but newly found concerns have arised)
6. Cobbo (expendable if no plans for anything other than outside backs in the future)
7. Mozer (can easily race to the top or fall significantly)
8. Piakura
9. Staggs (expendable contract)
10. Riki
11. Mariner
12. Willison (Love him)
13. Kobe (probably expendable if push comes to shove)
14. Te Kura (has to prove something
15. Oates (expendable contract)
16. Capewell (expendable contract)
17. Jensen
18. Walters (not gonna struggle to keep him at all)
19. Arthars
20. Baker (has to prove something first)
21. Madden (would be nice to see if he can develop into something handy)
22. Taupau
23. Sailor
24. Smoothy
25. Paix
26. Rogers (I rate him)
27. Black (Has to prove something)
28. Leota (Has to prove something)
29. Bayliss-Brow
30. Hoeter
31. Pereira
32. Frei

Confirmed Exits: Herbie, Flegler, Palasia

Talent, Talent, Talent! Really interesting what the call is with heaps of these players. I reckon we lose one top 10 and an 11-15 whilst our depth takes a hit over the next couple of seasons. Whilst Herbie, Flegs and Palasia are great players I think its probably done us a favour they are gone cause we need to fit in a lot of more valuable players into the cap.

I haven't seen it, I extrapolated it from @McHunt post with $3.5mil over 3 extension with an upgrade to his existing for next year.

Badel (Read and Craddock also in byline) just posted an article similar stating that:

"The deal is believed to for at least another three seasons and be worth around $3.5 million in total taking into account the upgrade for next season."

Walsh will get 1.3-1.5 on open market November next year, especially if he cuts the errors out of his game.
Walsh is signed uptil 2025 I think, even if Reynolds played on in 2025 you would think he would hang up his boots in 2026 giving the club money to work with.

I think we will offer Walsh a fair offer that will likely be less (not significantly so) than what he can get elsewhere and he'll stay as long as it is competitive.

I’m interested to see what the club does with Piakura and Riki long term. Both will get good size offers coming in, and we can’t spend big on everyone.
Walsh, Haas, Ezra have to be our long term lock ins. I can’t see reyno going anywhere, and we can probably reduce his $ a little for the extension.
Carrigan and Mariner already locked up. There will be a circus around Cobbo and staggs they come off contract also. I’d be reluctant to offer Staggs anymore than what he is currently on.
Hopefully we can keep the core of this group together but as we know any player with The Broncos next to their name gets 100x articles written about them and every club apparently wants them.

If I were Payne, I would be waiting for clubs to go back and forth, there will be a club somewhere that will pay him a ridiculous amount of money, I don't think that team will be featuring in the finals but in terms of money, it will be there for him.

As a Bronco fan, I hope he takes the new tabled deal.

I’m interested to see what the club does with Piakura and Riki long term. Both will get good size offers coming in, and we can’t spend big on everyone.
Walsh, Haas, Ezra have to be our long term lock ins. I can’t see reyno going anywhere, and we can probably reduce his $ a little for the extension.
Carrigan and Mariner already locked up. There will be a circus around Cobbo and staggs they come off contract also. I’d be reluctant to offer Staggs anymore than what he is currently on.
Hopefully we can keep the core of this group together but as we know any player with The Broncos next to their name gets 100x articles written about them and every club apparently wants them.
On Riki he would be a must keep for me, he won't be our captain but he has leadership qualities about him.
The last time when he resigned he came out and said “I wanted to be that first person to put my hand up and be like ‘right boys, jump on board, let’s fight’,”
Riki seems like the type of bloke who would take Unders to keep the boys together.

On Riki he would be a must keep for me, he won't be our captain but he has leadership qualities about him.
The last time when he resigned he came out and said “I wanted to be that first person to put my hand up and be like ‘right boys, jump on board, let’s fight’,”
Riki seems like the type of bloke who would take Unders to keep the boys together.

I think a few of us get carried away with who actually has the captaincy title, you need a group of leaders in a successful team. We appear to have that.

I think he said that as he signed a contract for massive overs for his ability at the time. Worth every penny now! Let's hope your right, he should be a bronco but can see him going home to NZ at some point

Maybe Kevvie should learn some French and speak to his wife in French when he invites the players around to his home.

Works for the Roosters.
Good thing for Kev is he can probably skip the first bit considering he coached in France.

Barely

Barely

Remember the name, probably couldn’t pick him out of a lineup

What’s he been up to?
He was at Hull last I heard. Apparently signed with Huddersfield. No idea why he popped into my head 🙄

Active Now

• HarryAllan7
  • jd87
  • Wolfie
  • abashii
  • rj9
  • Midean
  • Fozz
  • kiwibronco
  • Painin the Haas
  • Xzei
  • Fatboy
  • Harry Sack
  • simplythebest
  • NSW stables
  • Santa
  • Big Del
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.