Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Did someone say Lachlan Lam?

Oscar Pannifex:
"So, what can we take away from all of this?"
"Lam got four different looks in this game and picked the winner on each occasion. He’s clearly got the skillset to dominate in these areas but it’s worth noting the importance of the pivot in each example. Laybutt and De Belin did a superb job of straightening the attack in this one while Lam proved efficient at converting those half chances into points."
"That’s not to say that Lam can’t succeed as a traditional organising halfback, but from the evidence we’ve got he’s clearly best suited to a sweeping five-eighth role. Partner him with an established half or ballplaying lock and you will consistently put Lam into positions to manufacture points."
"It’s easy to picture him linking in this fashion with Jamal Fogarty at Canberra, Ben Hunt at St George or even Shaun Johnson at the Warriors. I’m less convinced (at this stage, anyway) that he can be the answer as a primary half at, say, Wests Tigers or the Gold Coast Titans."
"It’s fair to say though that the NRL will be only improved with Lam back in the top-grade competition, and a strong showing throughout the rest of the Pacific Championships could be the stepping stone to Lam’s NRL return."

With Paix failing to make an impact at 9 and now on the outer with Billy improving and Mozer coming through, could he shift back to 7? He was originally a half if I recall, but I never saw any of his game... can he kick? Could he challenge Madden for that backup 7 spot and be a potential future successor to Reynolds if he hangs around instead of heading off to the Rorters?

Signed Kurt Falls on a train and trial from Penrith apparently.

Journeyman 5/8, 27yrs old. Will play for Wynnum.

He is one of Wynnum's nominations for a pre-season. How's he a journeyman he's a Penrith junior that played all his Cup career there?

It's 15 weeks at the Broncos either side of Christmas and a trial game.

He is one of Wynnum's nominations for a pre-season. How's he a journeyman he's a Penrith junior that played all his Cup career there?

It's 15 weeks at the Broncos either side of Christmas and a trial game.
Not sure being at one club disqualifies you from being a journeyman…

noun
  1. 1.
    a worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding.
    "a solid journeyman professional"

noun
  1. 1.

When I hear the expression, I always think of a player that's been at five clubs.

When I hear the expression, I always think of a player that's been at five clubs.
When we hear the expression we might think something else? And that's okay, we all think differently

noun
  1. 1.
Journeyman is just a faint praise/ambiguously-insulting way of saying a player has been playing around the same level a long time without breaking into representative or garnering much accolade. At best it means "solid" or "average," as distinct from "star." Corey Jensen might fit that description.

Regardless of the definition which I was just enlightened on I don’t think he will be of much value to us directly but definitely a good thing we/Wynumn using us as a bargaining chip to get him here are getting in quality spine players to fill out our allegiances in cup. We are going back to a 3rd team and that means you want to make spines as good as possible. Jock, Rogers, Mozer, Paix (at the minute), Black (later in the year) and Sailor all need players around them to do their thing. You’d have to assume that now spines would be looking a little like this.

Burleigh Bears
1. @1910 ? (All Titans contracted)
6. Josh Rogers
7. Guy Hamilton
9. Pat Politoni

Souths Logan Magpies
1. Tristan Sailor
6. Radean Robinson
7. Jack Campagnolo
9. Blake Mozer

Wynumn Manly Seagulls
1. Matthew Milson
6. Kurt Falls
7. Jock Madden
9. Cory Paix/Oliver Pascoe

I know this isn’t the q-cup thread but the stronger the spines of these teams the better not only for our spines player depth and development but the quality of football played by our backs and forwards at that level. Winning in reserve grade makes a huge contribution to overall squad harmony as well everyone wants to be winning and when you can do that in 4 teams associated with the squad things go well.

Would be shocked that Guy Hamilton would be staying at Burleigh and not getting a train and trial so he might be off because I can’t see 2 halves getting a train and trial when we already have 4 plus 2 hookers and 2 fullbacks (predominantly Tristan though) with versatility able to play halves with no uncertainty about our starting halves so that’s plenty of injury cover. Tyrone Roberts is there anyway so it’s still good enough.

Regardless of the definition which I was just enlightened on I don’t think he will be of much value to us directly but definitely a good thing we/Wynumn using us as a bargaining chip to get him here are getting in quality spine players to fill out our allegiances in cup. We are going back to a 3rd team and that means you want to make spines as good as possible. Jock, Rogers, Mozer, Paix (at the minute), Black (later in the year) and Sailor all need players around them to do their thing. You’d have to assume that now spines would be looking a little like this.

Burleigh Bears
1. @1910 ? (All Titans contracted)
6. Josh Rogers
7. Guy Hamilton
9. Pat Politoni

Souths Logan Magpies
1. Tristan Sailor
6. Radean Robinson
7. Jack Campagnolo
9. Blake Mozer

Wynumn Manly Seagulls
1. Matthew Milson
6. Kurt Falls
7. Jock Madden
9. Cory Paix/Oliver Pascoe

I know this isn’t the q-cup thread but the stronger the spines of these teams the better not only for our spines player depth and development but the quality of football played by our backs and forwards at that level. Winning in reserve grade makes a huge contribution to overall squad harmony as well everyone wants to be winning and when you can do that in 4 teams associated with the squad things go well.

Would be shocked that Guy Hamilton would be staying at Burleigh and not getting a train and trial so he might be off because I can’t see 2 halves getting a train and trial when we already have 4 plus 2 hookers and 2 fullbacks (predominantly Tristan though) with versatility able to play halves with no uncertainty about our starting halves so that’s plenty of injury cover. Tyrone Roberts is there anyway so it’s still good enough.

Hamilton did a pre-season with the Roosters 12 months ago- I say that was his last chance. he's 29 and on his fourth ISC club and getting up to 150 games more likely to get hit by lightning now.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Fozz
  • BroncsNBundy
  • lakers133334
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • Manofoneway
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • Mick_Hancock
  • sooticus
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • RodF
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.