Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Look whilst I’m sure there might be some decent offers on the table to not have sorted any of them already is pretty bog average from the administration. I have no doubt Ezra is staying but it seems like not a single minute of thought has been put into the fact that all 3 of our second rowers are off contract and will be in high demand.
The only one id be a bit concerned with leaving would be Piakura from a dumb offer from a desperate club. I think Capewell and Riki stay loyal.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
**** Fitzy do you think Dave has been snoozin ?
The 3 rd party money Broncos players can rake in over the next cpl of years will be huge . I doubt a desperate club could match the overall package the Broncos and their corporate buddies could come up with . Unless they are unhappy I would be surprised if they don`t re -sign and reap the rewards .
If Corey Parker and Webke can be on prime time . I think there is hope for Jordan / Kurt / Brendan to make some ad money .
I completely agree with you but that’s not my point I don’t remember saying anything about them leaving or 3rd party’s the reality is it’s November 1st tomorrow and we haven’t locked down anyone. Not good enough.

3/4 of our spine sits on that list and 100% of our second rowers. Not good enough at all for not a single one of them to be locked down. I have no doubt every one of them will stay, none whatsoever, but the reality is you don’t leave 6 major re-signings till after the deadline because you leave yourself well and truely exposed. Great way to **** up a premiership and at the minute dynasty window.

Look Reyno, Capes and Bill are fine to leave this long because they won’t leave simply cause they have no reason to due to varying circumstances. Ezra won’t leave because the only way he can live up to his price tag is alongside Reyno, Walsh and behind that pack. But here’s the important bit that comes down to my entire point when you haven’t locked down any of those other 4 and you have two important pieces such as Riki and Piakura not locked down than what the **** have you seriously been doing.

I completely understand that you aren’t going to get 6 signings done before the deadline -probably a 7th cause Reece needs to be done before most of these lot as well - but that’s the whole point, it’s not easy to get 7 deals done let alone in quickly. The fact that we haven’t got even one of the base signings in Reece or Ezra to know how much room we have means that if someone out spends us significantly on any other player and they decide it’s to good a deal to refuse and come back to us to up our game than they are gone we aren’t in a cap situation where we can do anything about it without knowing what the exact state of our cap will be in (not an estimate the exact fucken state). I don’t expect all 6 to be done but when you really need to get 7 done in the next small window and you haven’t done any of them whilst you were the only party at the table it’s just not a great look nor is it great business.

This has got nothing to do with whether I think we will lose them or not and everything to do with the fact that we shouldn’t be risking it like this. We just won the comp and have 6 incredibly good players off contract logic would say without a single one of them signed as of now chances are we are going to lose someone. We live in a vulture market where administrators, coaches and staff members will do anything to pry players to their club to save their jobs. Just because the broncos don’t think they are valued at that much doesn’t mean someone else who is very desperate doesn’t either.

I’m completely understanding of the fact that this isn’t a simple salary cap to manage with this much talent to all fit under (which they won’t) but none of this crop are ones you want to be losing so a little bit more than what’s been done was required of this admin than what’s currently been done. At the end of the day not a single player has been re-signed since Haas months ago. We don’t seem to be on top of the Mam and Walsh situations enough that they can be done ASAP cause I can guarantee as of midnight an automated email is going out to 6 different managers gauging interest at and from that their is nothing we can do to get ahead it’s fair game.

Look for all we know a heap of these deals are done but the lack of noise that would generate Peter Badel and co some much needed clicks right now suggests otherwise.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
I completely agree with you but that’s not my point I don’t remember saying anything about them leaving or 3rd party’s the reality is it’s November 1st tomorrow and we haven’t locked down anyone. Not good enough.

3/4 of our spine sits on that list and 100% of our second rowers. Not good enough at all for not a single one of them to be locked down. I have no doubt every one of them will stay, none whatsoever, but the reality is you don’t leave 6 major re-signings till after the deadline because you leave yourself well and truely exposed. Great way to **** up a premiership and at the minute dynasty window.

Look Reyno, Capes and Bill are fine to leave this long because they won’t leave simply cause they have no reason to due to varying circumstances. Ezra won’t leave because the only way he can live up to his price tag is alongside Reyno, Walsh and behind that pack. But here’s the important bit that comes down to my entire point when you haven’t locked down any of those other 4 and you have two important pieces such as Riki and Piakura not locked down than what the **** have you seriously been doing.

I completely understand that you aren’t going to get 6 signings done before the deadline -probably a 7th cause Reece needs to be done before most of these lot as well - but that’s the whole point, it’s not easy to get 7 deals done let alone in quickly. The fact that we haven’t got even one of the base signings in Reece or Ezra to know how much room we have means that if someone out spends us significantly on any other player and they decide it’s to good a deal to refuse and come back to us to up our game than they are gone we aren’t in a cap situation where we can do anything about it without knowing what the exact state of our cap will be in (not an estimate the exact fucken state). I don’t expect all 6 to be done but when you really need to get 7 done in the next small window and you haven’t done any of them whilst you were the only party at the table it’s just not a great look nor is it great business.

This has got nothing to do with whether I think we will lose them or not and everything to do with the fact that we shouldn’t be risking it like this. We just won the comp and have 6 incredibly good players off contract logic would say without a single one of them signed as of now chances are we are going to lose someone. We live in a vulture market where administrators, coaches and staff members will do anything to pry players to their club to save their jobs. Just because the broncos don’t think they are valued at that much doesn’t mean someone else who is very desperate doesn’t either.

I’m completely understanding of the fact that this isn’t a simple salary cap to manage with this much talent to all fit under (which they won’t) but none of this crop are ones you want to be losing so a little bit more than what’s been done was required of this admin than what’s currently been done. At the end of the day not a single player has been re-signed since Haas months ago. We don’t seem to be on top of the Mam and Walsh situations enough that they can be done ASAP cause I can guarantee as of midnight an automated email is going out to 6 different managers gauging interest at and from that their is nothing we can do to get ahead it’s fair game.

Look for all we know a heap of these deals are done but the lack of noise that would generate Peter Badel and co some much needed clicks right now suggests otherwise.
Thanks for takin the time to explain it to me Fitzy .

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
the fact that all 3 of our second rowers are off contract and will be in high demand.

good place to start ... just 12 months ago most people were calling for us to boot pretty much all of these guys out the door.

3/4 of our spine sits on that list

We have had a large portion of people whinging that Billy got a contract at all ... this place would have exploded if we had have given him a longer term contract

but the reality is you don’t leave 6 major re-signings till after the deadline
the deadline is still at least 12 months away.

I can guarantee as of midnight an automated email is going out to 6 different managers gauging interest at and from that their is nothing we can do to get ahead it’s fair game.

If Mam's manager is waiting until midnight tonight to find out what money is on offer at another club, them Mam should fire his ass, because he's been sleeping on the job

At the end of the day not a single player has been re-signed since Haas months ago. We don’t seem to be on top of the Mam and Walsh situations enough that they can be done ASAP.

Despite the protests to the contrary ... many Broncos fans would much prefer to go back to the days that the club leaked like a sieve

Lazza

Lazza

BRL Player
Aug 1, 2021
If they were happy they would have signed by now. Basically now their managers will find offers 100 to 200k more and some/most will fly the coup. Who's going to stay if they are unders by 200k. Someone will offer Mam 1m and the Broncos best be 650. How would he feel. This is a total balls up and Dave should go. They had months to sort this out.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
If they were happy they would have signed by now. Basically now their managers will find offers 100 to 200k more and some/most will fly the coup. Who's going to stay if they are unders by 200k. Someone will offer Mam 1m and the Broncos best be 650. How would he feel. This is a total balls up and Dave should go. They had months to sort this out.
I think "Dave should go" is a bit far mate.

Not every player is in a rush to sign, I'd actually rather most players waited to test the market and then stayed anyway, then they can't use the excuse they didn't get a fair offer.

Ezra will stay, there's honestly no plausible reason he won't, although I get the anxiety with it being November 1st but a young guy like him in his first final series wouldn't want contract distractions, so I see it as totally reasonable he told his manager to do it in the off season and given they only finished 4 weeks ago, it takes time to dot the i's and cross the t's.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

lets go by your logic and have a look at some of the other players "not happy" at their current clubs

• Joey Manu (Roosters)
  • Jarome Luai (Panthers)
  • Tom Dearden (Cowboys)
  • Brandon Smith (Roosters)
  • Sunia Turuva (Panthers)

MrTickyMcG

MrTickyMcG

QCup Player
Jun 3, 2021
I listened to the Bye Round, Round Table episode today about social media. Shane Richardson said they Adam Reynolds is earning infinitely more in Brisbane than what he was in South Sydney due to his social media posts

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
The only one id be a bit concerned with leaving would be Piakura from a dumb offer from a desperate club. I think Capewell and Riki stay loyal.
Apparently dragons are looking at Piakura

kman

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
This may sound a bit crazy but it's just my thought, JAC is looking like he will be sacked by the bulldogs. I believe we should offer him a contract, he's an amazing player and definitely puts bums on seats having him signed with the club. He would have to take unders to come to broncos but nothing wrong with giving him an offer.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
This may sound a bit crazy but it's just my thought, JAC is looking like he will be sacked by the bulldogs. I believe we should offer him a contract, he's an amazing player and definitely puts bums on seats having him signed with the club. He would have to take unders to come to broncos but nothing wrong with giving him an offer.
Nah. As good as he can be, I feel Kevie has gone with having a great culture as a key driver of our success. JAC seems like TPJ (more about themselves) who would just ruin it all.

kman

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
Nah. As good as he can be, I feel Kevie has gone with having a great culture as a key driver of our success. JAC seems like TPJ (more about themselves) who would just ruin it all.
Yea I understand that and agree with you, He's just a player I enjoy watching and can break games open no doubt.

kman

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
Confident Mam, Reynolds will stay. Hoping Riki stays too, I have a feeling Piakura will find a better offer elsewhere
I think with Piakura's future with the club will come down to him wanting more money or to stay with a club that's building into something great. I really like Piakura and believe if he stays with the club it would benefit him alot more, then taking a tad more money at dragons or tigers.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
He doesn't meet the no dickhead policy that DD and Kevy have installed at the club.

B

Bronx48

QCup Player
Jul 24, 2023
I think with Piakura's future with the club will come down to him wanting more money or to stay with a club that's building into something great. I really like Piakura and believe if he stays with the club it would benefit him alot more, then taking a tad more money at dragons or tigers.
Wouldn’t it just be great if they all can stay, I don’t want anyone to leave lol Hopefully Piakura does stay, it’s the best team for him when it comes to development and a premiership chance. I would be absolutely shocked if Riki leaves

Active Now

• HarryAllan7
  • Broncs1459
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skyblues87
  • RolledOates
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.