Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
It's great the club doesn't leak stuff like they did a few years ago, and that we were in the gf so it's delayed stuff a bit but ffs after that gf it'd be nice for some good news. Anything. Every club has had some news lately. It's like our club has gone into hibernation. Even something like is pereria staying with us next year? Our development players? Jerseys? Something ffs.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
It's like our club has gone into hibernation.
They're on holidays.

We've known for ages from journalists, and it's since been confirmed by the club:

1. Ezra and Reece have been offered long term contracts with upgrades.
2. Adam Reynolds wants to extend by another year, and has an eye on remaining to coach.
3. Cory Paix is talking to other clubs.
4. Oates will stay on reduced pay
5. Kurt Falls has been signed to development.
6. Logan Bayliss and Brendan Frei let go.

Rumoured but not confirmed:

1. Josh Rogers extended on Development
2. Jaiyden Hunt signed for two years.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
They're on holidays.

We've known for ages from journalists, and it's since been confirmed by the club:

1. Ezra and Reece have been offered long term contracts with upgrades.
2. Adam Reynolds wants to extend by another year, and has an eye on remaining to coach.
3. Cory Paix is talking to other clubs.
4. Oates will stay on reduced pay
5. Kurt Falls has been signed to development.
6. Logan Bayliss and Brendan Frei let go.

Rumoured but not confirmed:

1. Josh Rogers extended on Development
2. Jaiyden Hunt signed for two years.

Wasn't Rogers upgraded to top 30?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Reynolds’ manager Steve Gillis :

“There’s no rush on a new deal. I envisage we will probably try and get an extension tidied up before the season starts next year. Adam is having some family time at the moment. He’s happy at the Broncos and won’t be going anywhere else, so we’ll get the deal done in time.”​
“I know Adam is very settled there and that’s the plan - for him to find another role at the club. He loves Brisbane and his partner and kids are settled. ’Reyno’ has a great football brain, he could be anything. He is very good with the young guys, he is a very unique character. He knows the game so well, so there is definitely life after footy for him in rugby league. Where he wants to take that is up to him.”​

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Can't remember. I could be wrong.
This is all I have:

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Reynolds’ manager Steve Gillis :

“There’s no rush on a new deal. I envisage we will probably try and get an extension tidied up before the season starts next year. Adam is having some family time at the moment. He’s happy at the Broncos and won’t be going anywhere else, so we’ll get the deal done in time.”​
“I know Adam is very settled there and that’s the plan - for him to find another role at the club. He loves Brisbane and his partner and kids are settled. ’Reyno’ has a great football brain, he could be anything. He is very good with the young guys, he is a very unique character. He knows the game so well, so there is definitely life after footy for him in rugby league. Where he wants to take that is up to him.”​
The article is about Reynolds taking a haircut on his extension - that, to me, guarantees he’ll stay on at the club in some capacity after he retires.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Late-blooming Josh Rogers, who will make his NRL debut in Brisbane’s final-round clash against the Storm, has inked another development deal that will see him be part of the Broncos’ full-time squad in 2024.

Badel & Meyn.

Sproj is referencing this from the ZeroTackle.com editor.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
This is from Badel's article, i've never heard about this rule before, in fact it is pretty much the opposite of what i've seen previously ... can anyone confirm (maybe @1910 )

Under NRL salary cap rules, Brisbane would be permitted to have a portion of Reynolds’ salary not counted in the cap in his final year if the skipper transitions into post-career employment at the club.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
The article is about Reynolds taking a haircut on his extension - that, to me, guarantees he’ll stay on at the club in some capacity after he retires.
Didn't put too much stock in that angle. He'll be taking a haircut from his last contract because he's older and won't be worth as much. Plus it looks good for his agent to make out he's going for a song.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Late-blooming Josh Rogers, who will make his NRL debut in Brisbane’s final-round clash against the Storm, has inked another development deal that will see him be part of the Broncos’ full-time squad in 2024.

Badel & Meyn.

Sproj is referencing this from the ZeroTackle.com editor.

LOL. @1910 was very coy about where he got that info. Badel it is, then.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
100% not having a crack at you @ivanhungryjak as I know you didn't start this stupidity, but fark me I hate that ridiculous expression.
When you go to the barber and have your hair cut, you have had a haircut.
When you take a reduction to your pay, you have had a pay cut.
It's really not that hard.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
100% not having a crack at you @ivanhungryjak as I know you didn't start this stupidity, but fark me I hate that ridiculous expression.
When you go to the barber and have your hair cut, you have had a haircut.
When you take a reduction to your pay, you have had a pay cut.
It's really not that hard.
Relax bro,
take a haircut -
informal
to agree to accept less money for something
They may have to take a haircut on their investment.

Like some of us might hate the term “fark me” 😜

Active Now

• Bongo
  • Mustafur
  • Johnny92
  • davidp
  • Lostboy
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.